Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I can honestly say that even with the new godawful art direction I really love the way this looks.

28288TropicalCoast_Zone3_130801_10.jpg

and this, though to lesser extent

28289TropicalCoast_Zone3_130801_12.jpg

I'm talking about screenshots only, cause I don't know what the actual levels will look like.

Edited by ArtFenix

These new screenshots look gorgeous, even with a more simplistic/stylized artstyle SLoW is inarguably one of Sonic's best looking games to date.

And invisible Sonic? Aside from the fact they could had just got Espio for the job, that's pretty cool. I bet Sonic will find this new gadget very useful for avoiding Amy. :V

Snake step out of the stealth camo sonic needs it also that eggmanland vibe is frozen factory or silent forest with minecarts

I'm in the SEGA Press Vault and the water level is called Tropical Coast. Don't know if that's already known or not.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ah I wonder what tropes we'll see in Tropical Coast, has an emerald coast ring to it

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

So wait, where did this special edition come from? What's in it and how can we get it? It seems to have come from nowhere.

@Superlink: It was shown in the UK version of the Gamescom trailer, right at the end. It seems similar to the 'Bonus Edition' of Sonic Racing Transformed that Wii U players got, with the Outrun and Metal Sonic DLC available on the disc. In this case, you get Boss levels with characters from Nights into Dreams. No one yet knows whether this will be available in all regions, or whether the content can be downloaded separately later. 

I would prefer having the physical special edition, because I can't get credit cards to work on my US Wii U. ( I live in Asia)

Edited by edvedd

So wait, where did this special edition come from? What's in it and how can we get it? It seems to have come from nowhere.

Here.

Seems to be like the ASRT limited edition. Availability outside the UK is unknown so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming the game is being developed with PCs as well as Wii Us, or it's as simple as a mishap when using screenshot editing/uploading software.

what if we'll get NiGHTS as a special assist in co-op mode as well as cameo in the game? Sonic Team please take note

Well the game was developing on PC before they brought it to Wii-U.

Well the game was developing on PC before they brought it to Wii-U.

Indeed. Most games start out being developed on PC anyway.

Edited by SuperLink

wait, now that I think about it...we could fight against those 6 NiGHTS bosses and then...Reala appears and we have to dualize with NiGHTS to beat him!

Oh my God... PLEASE Let it be true!

Huh, don't know if it's been said or not, but I just noticed the wisp in the HUB shot talking to Sonic has Yacker's hair thing...

And if the Deadly Six edition is available here I'm getting it for sure.

A bit late, but...

NiGHTs in my Sonic? I'm cool with this.

Also that invisible Sonic has me interested, though I do wonder if it'll cause problems during gameplay.

NiGHTS cameos for the first time since 2005!?

W...Wow!

They seriously are going all out with this game, I'm really impressed!

Oy, I go to sleep for 8 hours and this many new screens come out?

Anyway, these screens look amazing! I may not be as big a fan of the art style as a lot of others are, but this is simply breathtaking. The colors, the atmosphere, there's even a lot of unexpected little details!

I suspect Pawn is going to get absolutely giddy right about now.

And.. is that a HUBWORLD?! A REAL HUBWORLD?! Well, even if it's not, I want this game even more. But I don't have enough money for a Wii U and won't for a while...sad.png 

... DLC?! With a NIGHTS CAMEO?! 

..I do believe that I've just seen a pig soar across the sky.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the boss battles take place in their own act or after the 6th act maybe each are located in eggman bases dotted around lost hex(But that'll be like mario's tower and castle levels) since there seems to be something brown on the left of Zazz and zor's lair looks heavily inspired by hydrocity with the waterfalls and purplish color scheme

Edited by DarkShadowMaster