Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

You get it from Nintendo Press? Do you can sent all art in PNG?

I got the Deadly Six from the old Nintendo Press files, I made the image in photoshop.

The match-ups are pretty much correct based on what I saw in the video. Reala is a no show, but perhaps he appears as a final yet-to-be-seen boss?

I'd love to see Sonic and NiGHTS merge for a Reala battle.

Edited by Barry the Nomad

My guess at the Deadly Six/Nightmaren team-ups: Zavok/Gillwing, Zazz/Puffy, Zeena/Clawz, Zik/Gulpo, Zomom/Wizeman, Zor/Jackle

BVnIRUj.jpg

Right on the money. You can even see Zeena standing on Clawz's back between it's wings(?)

Anyone else notice how they stuck with the old Nightmarens and yet they still have the modern version of Wizeman in it?

6982SLW_Play_Together_UK_with_DLC-QT_For

And a nice nod to Journey of Dreams with the nightmare'd version of Bellbridges clock tower in the back.

• Thumbs Up 2

You'd think Zavok would get Wizeman, but whatevs.

Eggman's gotta team up with someone!

*crosses fingers*

Wait, someone's got Wizeman. guh.

Edited by Mykonos
  • Thumbs Up 1

Someone photoshop him with his head in her clevage... or just popping out, that would be funny.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone else notice how they stuck with the old Nightmarens and yet they still have the modern version of Wizeman in it?

I think, given what we saw in All-Stars Racing Transformed and the Superstars games, The Journey of Dreams designs for Wizeman, Reala and NiGHTS are deemed the "modern" designs that will appear regardless of which game is being referenced. Since the first game's bosses were not redesigned in JoD we see them as they were in that game while Wizeman (and presumably NiGHTS and Reala) will be their JoD designs.

Damn brand consistency! tongue.png I prefer the old designs.

Eggman's gotta team up with someone!

*crosses fingers*

Wait, someone's got Wizeman. guh.

Metal Sonic teams up with Reala, and you'll love it. You'll all love it!!!!

*sigh* Just let me have the dream...

Damn brand consistency! tongue.png I prefer the old designs.

With the acceptation of Wizeman I agree.

Edited by Balding Spider
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd like to see Sonic with a NiGHTS Wisp power taking on Eggman and Reala.

Basically, I'd like to hear the color powers voice yelling "NiGHTS!"

• Thumbs Up 1

I know some people don't like the art direction, but the game is really benefiting from it in terms of content. When you come up with an art style that easy yet still appealing to people, this leaves room to work on more content and things not related to gameplay in the game and still fall under the budget they have planned out for them. 

I rather have a notch less of fancy stuff to look at and have tons of content than to have them put the majority of their time doing HD textures that 3/4 of the people playing the game wont even pay attention too.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 4

Pretty cool I guess, though I never played nights. But extra content is always good to me.

And it seems like sonic and tails are crash landing onto lost hex, as you can see the smoking tornado.

34pnsbs.jpg

That is some amazing detail right there. <3

And people were worried about bland textures.

Tail's remote control Stealth Jet is totally cloaking Sonic in this screen shot... Holy shit, the attention to detail in this game is inconceivable... 

• Thumbs Up 6

If only the jet itself was stealth instead of a huge "HERE I AM" pink antennae. I know Tails doesn't wanna loose it in a parking lot, but comeon! Bit much

Edited by Jolt_TH

Hm. So all of Tails' gadget robots have those antennae, and they look the same as the ones on the Sonic Simulator robots. Could that mean that the robot Sonics might be a Tails thing now to keep the multiplayer stuff consistent, or that Tails is building his gadgets with Eggman's help?

~or does it mean nothing at all~

34pnsbs.jpg

That is some amazing detail right there. <3

And people were worried about bland textures.

Oh god, Tails is giving Sonic stealth camo. Now I truly believe Tails is trying to rule the entire cosmos.

Huh

The screenshots are 1080p

EDIT: Upscale looks like.

I recall a random forum user saying they're all 4k screen shots downscaled to 1080p. It's probably wrong but don't quote me on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tail's remote control Stealth Jet is totally cloaking Sonic in this screen shot... Holy shit, the attention to detail in this game is inconceivable... 

It actually took me a good while to see Sonic in that screenshot. I guess the Stealth Jet is doing its job well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now all Sonic needs is a knife so he can run up behind the Egg Pawn and slit his throat....that's if robots actually have throats to slit...

• Thumbs Up 6

WOW, didn't expect all that, love the fact that the head-to-head races are in the actual stages and not simulator areas. Would have like other characters but oh well baby steps I guess.

The Frozen Factory billiard stage reminded me a lot of Bingo Highway with elements of Mario Galaxy thrown in, ME LIKE. The fact that the rings stick to the snowball is just awesome. The amount of detail that they are squeezing in this game is fantastic, without having to render all that detailed background like in the past few games they really went all out with this art style it seems.

Also I'm absolutely adoring the co-op machines, I mean my gosh, Invisibility, platforms, bombs, missiles, thats crazy. Also loving the fact that the Deadly Six talk to you in the levels, adds a bit more interaction to the game which I adore. I also love how they  are incorporating the old school items with brand new ones like the Bomb Wisp. 

And a Deadly Six edition? WITH NIGHTS BOSS FIGHTS!?

NIGHTS?!

BarneyStinsonMindExplosionGif.gif

Thats just incredible, it's been YEARS since a Nights cameo, this is freaking amazing. If this doesn't make it over here I'm going to be pretty freaking angry. I don't care if its separate DLC for later I just WANT IT.

Also:

Someone photoshop him with his head in her clevage... or just popping out, that would be funny.

You're wish is my command

IeQvlAb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

So now we know that Tails has a plethora of RC vehicles to help out Sonic... I've seen so far..

• Normal RC Chopper that mainly collects items for Sonic like Rings
  • Attack RC Chopper - Drops bombs on enemies
  • RC Fighter Jet - Fires missiles in a straight line ahead of it.
  • RC Stealth Jet - Seems to cloak Sonic from enemy detection
  • RC UFO - Unknown, seems to briefly slow down time (during the grinding section in the water level, it freezes time for Sonic to switch rails and avoid the giant Eel badniks.
  • RC Hot Air Balloon - Seen in a screenshot
  • RC Hovercraft - seen briefly in the Gamescon trailer whilst Sonic is skating, unknown what it does.
  • RC Blimp/Zeppelin - Briefly creates a timed platform where ever it's floating for Sonic to gain access to out of reach secrets/bonuses/platforms.

So... It looks like there are going to be a large amount of customization for player 2 during Story mode, this is really cool and leagues ahead of Mario Galaxy's Star Bit shooter, I'm rather proud of SEGA for taking the initiative to include a second player into their main story/stages instead of just being fun for player 1, I have a feeling my partner is going to be saving my hide a whole lot with these vehicles!

• Thumbs Up 3