Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

It seems to me they're trying to make a game that simply appeals to People in General rather than just certain groups. Granted the classic feel the game has might be an attempt to make some classic fans at least interested in checking the game out, but I imagine quite a few things about this game will turn off some diehard classic fans, anyway.

...Also, how are modern fans "obscure"??

Are they really that obscure, relatively speaking? Something tells me that's not necessarily the case, so much as that they're just "silently" enjoying it.

...Also, how are modern fans "obscure"??

I didn't mean the fans, I meant the term. I see clearly what a classic fan is as I see what an adventure fan is. What exactly is a modern fan, I have no idea of.

Generations: Speed Highway, Emerald Coast, Radical Highway and City Escape

You got some of the most recognizable levels in 3D Sonic, and you think they are ignoring you? Sounds more like you are ignoring them.

I don't. Generations doesn't really count. It was an anniversary game with a few chosen levels from 3 eras of the series, OF COURSE there are some SA-era ones.

SLoW only caters to classic fans because of the style (which was much closer to classic style in Generations anyway) and badniks. The game has little to no physics - one of the most important aspects of classic games, one of the things that made the series so enjoyable in the first place.

Edited by ArtFenix

I didn't mean the fans, I meant the term. I see clearly what a classic fan is as I see what an adventure fan is. What exactly is a modern fan, I have no idea of.

A "Modern Fan" is a fan who likes the "modern" Sonic games, such as the "Sonic Boost Era" titles, for whatever reason they choose. I don't see what's there to not understand -- it's as straightforward as "Classic Fans" (Fans of the "Classic" Era Titles) and "Adventure Fans" (Fans of the "Sonic Adventure" Era Titles), really.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't. Generations doesn't really count. It was an anniversary game with a few chosen levels from 3 eras of the series, OF COURSE there are some SA-era ones.

SLoW only caters to classic fans because of the style (which was much closer to classic style in Generations anyway) and badniks. The game has little to no physics - one of the most important aspects of classic games, one of the things that made the series so enjoyable in the first place.

So the game is pandering to the classic fans because it doesn't have classic physics or behave like a classic game at all????? Please teach me your ways oh great ArtFenix

• Thumbs Up 6

I don't think you understand.... Some of the MOST recongnizable levels in 3D Sonic. They could have easily chosen levels nobody really cared for and/or half-assed them, if they ignored SA-fans.... Which was what you said they do. Just because games after 06 didn't overwhelmingly cater to the Adventure Fans, doesn't mean they outright ignore you. Edited by Ben Tennyson

So the game is pandering to the classic fans because it doesn't have classic physics or behave like a classic game at all????? Please teach me your ways oh great ArtFenix

No need to be that sarcastic. I was talking about the looks of the game (even though Generations was much more close to classic games' style) and stuff like badniks or other things specifically classic games.

I don't think you understand.... Some of the MOST recongnizable levels in 3D Sonic. They could have just chosen level's nobody really cared for and half-assed them if they ignored SA-fans.... Which was what you said they do. Just because games after 06 didn't overwhelmingly cater to the Adventure Fans, doesn't mean they outright ignore you.

They chose (arguably) the best levels from ALL eras, not just Sa, so no surprise here.

It's not that they "didn't overwhelmingly cater to the Adventure Fans". It's that they pretty much completely ignored them. Generations doesn't count.

Edited by ArtFenix

No need to be that sarcastic. I was talking about the looks of the game (even though Generations was much more close to classic games' style) and stuff like badniks or other things specifically classic games.

So it's a purely aesthetic thing? Because that's more of a case of trying to keep some sort of consistency than anything else.

So it's a purely aesthetic thing? Because that's more of a case of trying to keep some sort of consistency than anything else.

Have they tried to be consistent, the style of SLoW would be more Unleashed-Generations like.

Look peeps, this path has been walked upon more than enough times since the announcement of this game. Can we please talk about something else?

• Thumbs Up 1

So when they include classic enemies in Generations it's nostalgia pandering, but when they include content from the Adventure games they don't give a shit and are just doing it cause it's expected of them?

• Thumbs Up 7

Just a question, why would you not want recurring, old enemies in a Sonic game? It's fucktons better than the generic shit we got since after Sonic Adventure.

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay y'all, I think this debate has been done to death today. Is there something about SLW that we can mutually agree on? How bout that them there parkour gameplay? Do you think that SEGA could expand on it any further than they are in SLW? If another playable character (say, Tails or Shadow) were playable, would they have parkour abilties too, or do you think this is something that should be unique to Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

The genesis badniks are iconic to sonic hence his debut in sonic the hedgehog 1 because eggman put cute woodland creatures into his robotic animals powering them up like a battery and sonic had to save the woodland creatures and stop the diabolical egotistical scientist,

What I see for sonic when he frees his friends and defeats eggman's machines is a fight between nature and technology it followed up to sonic adventure where we'd be able to tackle badniks in a 3D perspective

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

The genesis badniks are iconic to sonic hence his debut in sonic the hedgehog 1

The badniks are iconic because Sonic appeared in the first Sonic game? What is this even supposed to mean

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Well, to be honest, there's only one reason this same argument keeps getting brought up. And unless that stops, this is never gonna end.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sonic Adventure's enemy selection almost entirely comprised of badniks from the classics as well?  Or at least badniks that look strikingly similar to classic badniks.  Not to mention the variety doesn't even come close to Lost World's.  Adventure 1 had 17 different enemies (18 if you count the Orca that chases you in Emerald Coast) whilst Lost World has 28 from the returning badniks alone.  This doesn't include the brand new enemies that are in the game.  Not to mention we probably haven't even seen all the different enemies in the game yet. 

Proof:

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sonic_Adventure_enemies

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sonic_Lost_World_enemies

EDIT: Quad ninja'd lol

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

To be honest Adventure was probably the only 3D game with "original" badniks that weren't from previous games. But keep in mind that Generations only ever kept enemies to their original stage, so they couldn't really have any enemies besides the spinners and cop speeders.

edit: and maybe sa2 but that was like, two levels or something

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Okay y'all, I think this debate has been done to death today. Is there something about SLW that we can mutually agree on? How bout that them there parkour gameplay? Do you think that SEGA could expand on it any further than they are in SLW? If another playable character (say, Tails or Shadow) were playable, would they have parkour abilties too, or do you think this is something that should be unique to Sonic?

I love me some parkour in my Sonic. For the love of all things good, keep it. Tweak it a little so it's more parkour and less "magical anti-gravity shoe mode" as Hogfather put it, but let it stay!

While I'm at it, it makes good sense for it to be a Sonic only move, as he'd be the character that needs it the most to keep the good flow up. Plus, it makes him a little bit more distinguishable and more than just basic mode...should other characters be implemented.

If another playable character (say, Tails or Shadow) were playable, would they have parkour abilties too, or do you think this is something that should be unique to Sonic?

Sonic can keep his parkour to himself, but the other characters need abilities to compensate. Tails flies, Knuckles glides/climbs, Shadow drops cheesy one liners with a button press, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

How bout that them there parkour gameplay? Do you think that SEGA could expand on it any further than they are in SLW? If another playable character (say, Tails or Shadow) were playable, would they have parkour abilties too, or do you think this is something that should be unique to Sonic?
Ah, I've been waiting for this to get brought up. If they were to say, in the next game have Tails and Knuckles as other playable characters but keep the Parkour, just let Sonic have it because it suits him more. And it could be his way more getting more exploration in. While the other guys have flight, climbing and the strength to punch through walls, Sonic has the ability to seemlessly use his skills to make it to other parts of the level. But they should each have their own unique levels that cater to their abilities.

How bout that them there parkour gameplay? Do you think that SEGA could expand on it any further than they are in SLW? If another playable character (say, Tails or Shadow) were playable, would they have parkour abilties too, or do you think this is something that should be unique to Sonic?

I think other characters should have parkour, but to a certain extent (if that makes any sense). They should let Sonic keep the parkour since it prevents the annoying (and frequent) stops due to running into a wall. If Tails, Knuckles and Shadow ever become playable again then I think Shadow should also get parkour (but please remove the sparkles that come with it), and Tails and Knuckles... Eh, they wouldn't really need parkour. Tails can just fly above the walls, and Knuckles could climb/dig under.

This begs the question though, what would a character like Amy get? No parkour, or just the ability to jump high or something?

She'd smack the ground with her hammer and act as an OP spring.