Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I take it the portable version won't get a pre-order bonus.

Sadly it doesn't seem like it as I just checked the 3DS versions page and there wasn't a deadly six bonus part. 

C'mon SEGA, at least give it a McDonalds Happy Meal quality Sonic toy that lights up

Do portable games even ever get pre-order bonuses?

Edited by Auto

C'mon SEGA, at least give it a McDonalds Happy Meal quality Sonic toy that lights up

Do portable games even ever get pre-order bonuses?

I have had a few from my DS days, and there were a couple on 3DS...they were all Nintendo developed though

Considering that the Wii U is struggling in sales, it makes sense to give only the Wii U version exclusive bonus content. To me it's no different from making Mario and Sonic 2014 Wii U exclusive.

Edited by Yeow

Considering that the Wii U is struggling in sales, it makes sense to give only the Wii U version exclusive bonus content. To me it's no different from making Mario and Sonic 2014 Wii U exclusive.

But then the handheld gets rejected... and that only supports the notion to the average consumer that buys games is that there's nothing special about getting a handheld version of a console game.

There would be no real reason to get it unless you really wanted the gadget co - op. If there were more good things to come to the 3DS version as well, that would boost sales for both.

Actually now that I think about it, it makes even less sense to skip out on some good exclusive content with the 3DS version as well, since the 3DS seems to be the go - to for handheld gaming. Again, there's a big pool of money that would be greatly ignored here.

• Thumbs Up 1

But then the handheld gets rejected... and that only supports the notion to the average consumer that buys games is that there's nothing special about getting a handheld version of a console game.

There would be no real reason to get it unless you really wanted the gadget co - op. If there were more good things to come to the 3DS version as well, that would boost sales for both.

Actually now that I think about it, it makes even less sense to skip out on some good exclusive content with the 3DS version as well, since the 3DS seems to be the go - to for handheld gaming. Again, there's a big pool of money that would be greatly ignored here.

Well technically the 3DS is getting special stages something the consoles haven't seen since Heroes if I'm not mistaken. And the gadget making thing. In all honesty it would be nice to have some form of digital content. But that's not a game braking decision for me.

If you guys already pre-ordered at GameStop like me, they automatically upgrade you. I'd still check just to be sure.

y'all do realise they probably won't even have the game in stock yet, right? generally retailers don't send you half-finished games when you preorder them

Well technically the 3DS is getting special stages something the consoles haven't seen since Heroes if I'm not mistaken. And the gadget making thing. In all honesty it would be nice to have some form of digital content. But that's not a game braking decision for me.

Unless you can actually use the gadgets in this version, they don't really affect it. You're right. It's not game breaking, I mean I'm still getting this version regardless, but it's leads to a lack of motivation for people to get it.

I would agree with you there on the special stage thing, but it's become a standard for the handheld games to have Special Stages. Sure the Special Stages themselves might be new, but it's not exactly new to the gamer per se. They'd be expecting it.

The Sonic community's best artists have banned together to create a depiction of the boxart that matches the realism of some of the earlier titles in the series. No longer will we have to deal with that kiddy ass boxart we have now.

1zvfvk9.png

thank you sega forums

Q: How much acid was consumed in the making of this masterpiece?

A:

not enough

Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 5

The Sonic community's best artists have banned together to create a depiction of the boxart that matches the realism of some of the earlier, better, much more mature titles in the series. No longer will we have to deal with that kiddy ass boxart we have now.

1zvfvk9.png

thank you sega forums

Aw yea thats more like it, could use a bit more brown and chin-down-eyes-up tho, swiggity swag

Edited by Auto

The Sonic community's best artists have banned together to create a depiction of the boxart that matches the realism of some of the earlier, better, much more mature titles in the series. No longer will we have to deal with that kiddy ass boxart we have now.

1zvfvk9.png

thank you sega forums

Where guns? And how about swearing, blood and nudity right on the boxart. Pfft.. It's not mature enough. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how there's actually a discussion about this game on this board, compared to the gamefaq's one with Sonic Lost World where topics usually turn into one-sided "X sucks and your a fanboy for liking this/ruined forever" bantering. It makes me feel like i made the right choice in shifting my interests in SLW here instead, for better or worse. 

Plus the community around this board is more friendly. :3

Edited by Narukami07

Where guns? And how about swearing, blood and nudity right on the boxart. Pfft.. It's not mature enough. 

That realistic tails is priceless

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how there's actually a discussion about this game on this board, compared to the gamefaq's one with Sonic Lost World where topics usually turn into one-sided "X sucks and your a fanboy for liking this/ruined forever" bantering. It makes me feel like i made the right choice in shifting my interests in SLW here instead, for better or worse. 

Plus the community around this board is more friendly. :3

(To people who missed this, sorry for double posting).

Is it me, or does that upside down Blaze in that masterpiece look like some new type of Wisp, at first glance?

(To people who missed this, sorry for double posting).

I don't know how 'bad' it can be on the sites you been on, but for the most part it's pretty enjoyable to read other's thoughts about the game here. And that's mostly on the Wii U version, since 3DS version news is sputtering every now and then.

Edited by TheChaosBlue

...wow. Just wow.

I will give them kudos. They were sure to actually use oni faces for the Deadly Six, so they're taking Hoshino's remarks to heart. As drug-induced as this image may come off as is, and as clusterfuck-ridden as it is, they earn my respect for using the Word of God to help design it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Back to more official matters, here is a preview of the Archie comic adaptation. At least from this, we can say beyond a reasonable doubt that the individual names of the Deadly Six are legit.

Also, keep in mind that this is going to be a full-length adaptation instead of the five-page blurbs of adaptations past.

Edit: Aw, shucks, I was too slow again... sad.png

Edited by Komodin

Back to more official matters, here is a preview of the Archie comic adaptation. At least from this, we can say beyond a reasonable doubt that the individual names of the Deadly Six are legit.

Also, keep in mind that this is going to be a full-length adaptation instead of the five-page blurbs of adaptations past.

Edit: Aw, shucks, I was too slow again... sad.png

That was an awesome introduction hope the dialogue is exactly like that in the game, zavok's quotes are entertaining

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

I'm kinda nervous from the looks of things. This seems to say that the Deadly Six aren't really evil, and that they might turn good at the end. Which would be a crying shame, as this series has a heavily imbalanced recurring hero to villain ratio as is.