Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

This....has made things much more interesting.....

So the floating continent of Lost Hex is a place that nobody is a allowed to go too in the first place. Could this mean the the Deadly Six aren't bad to start with?

If that's the case then why is Sonic trying to stop them? Did Eggman lie to him?

I'm kinda nervous from the looks of things. This seems to say that the Deadly Six aren't really evil, and that they might turn good at the end. Which would be a crying shame, as this series has a heavily imbalanced recurring hero to villain ratio as is.

I could totally deal with it if all this time Sonic has been doing more bad than good...and actually assisting Eggman than actually saving the day. It would be a great twist and would somewhat satisfy my need for a decent narrative in the games again.

But who knows? Maybe the Deadly Six being there is a bad thing in the first place!

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

This....has made things much more interesting.....   So the floating continent of Lost Hex is a place that nobody is a allowed to go too in the first place. Could this mean the the Deadly Six aren't bad to start with?   If that's the case then why is Sonic trying to stop them? Did Eggman lie to him?     I could totally deal with it if all this time Sonic has been doing more bad than good...and actually assiting Eggman than actually saving the day. It would be a great twist.
"Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you just accept that? Lie down and die!!!" Just with that alone, I highly doubt the Zeti are just "defenders" of Lost Hex. They seem more like conquerors.

I'm kinda nervous from the looks of things. This seems to say that the Deadly Six aren't really evil, and that they might turn good at the end. Which would be a crying shame, as this series has a heavily imbalanced recurring hero to villain ratio as is.

At the same time, these guys are territorial.  Lost Hex is their home, and regardless of whether you're good or bad they're gonna kick your ass if you trespass anyway.  At least that's the impression that I'm getting.  They're not good or evil in a black and white kind of sense.  They're hunters essentially.  

I'm probably getting ahead of myself just from this one issue though.

Guess the whole ''Zavok protecting Lost Hex from Eggman'' really implies that in the end, the Deadly Six are good guys protecting Lost Hex, and Sonic just got in the middle of their war against Eggman.

And seeing how extreme Zavok takes someone going there, they probably don't care if Sonic is against Eggman too, they'll kill him anyways for getting on their planet.

I don't know how you're reading this, but Zavok's dialogue says to me "No-one's supposed to come to Lost Hex... BECAUSE WE FUCKING MURDER ALL WHO DARE HAHAHAHAHAHA".

So hes a bit aggressive? Perhaps them being there is good for Lost Hex?

What I found even more interesting though is that Lost ex was fucked up BEFORE Eggman even got there anyway...so maybe it being a jumbled up mess is a natural thing or have the Deadly Six been doing all kinds of bad things there in the first place?

If Sonic's goal is to rescue the animals, then as long as the Six are using Eggman's badniks, Sonic's got beef with them.

I could see the Deadly Six being intruders themselves, actually. And now they've taken over they're very serious about not letting anyone else dethrone them.

EDIT:

If Sonic's goal is to rescue the animals, then as long as the Six are using Eggman's badniks, Sonic's got beef with them.

Also, this. Even if they ARE in the right for rebelling against Eggman, I think the fact they're willingly using robots powered by innocent animals kind of makes them assholes in their own right, whether they're truly "evil" or not.
Edited by ElementofChaos
  • Thumbs Up 1

"Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you just accept that? Lie down and die!!!" Just with that alone, I highly doubt the Zeti are just "defenders" of Lost Hex. They seem more like conquerors.

You don't have to be nice or sound like a  good guy to defend something...

Most Bouncers are like that 8p.

Zavok does sound pretty unreasonable. I'm sure Sonic will try  to explain things to him, but he either doesn't care or hes like "I am in control of them now so you can go fuck off."

Edited by Voyant

From what I can tell, this is going to be a preview that shows what happens before the intro of the game. As evidenced by the "Sonic's world now" which has the Tornado chasing Eggman which results in (I guess) the Tornado getting damaged as seen in the Gamescom trailer. I'm really interested in what else happens before Lost World actually starts. And GOD I hope that they don't do the whole turn good from bad thing because that's GETTING REALLY OLD.

Edited by LordMetallix

remember when everyone assumed they were "guardians" of some sort? I guess that sort of turned out true after all

and in an amazing twist, they're actually legitimately evil

I'm with Harlock and Silent on this; the Deadly Six are still pretty much just out-and-out assholes. Assuming Sonic has chased Eggman to their planet, and also that they don't want anyone there even for protection's sake (which I doubt; we've seen no other life on the planet, and they go after the defenseless Small Animals for Pete's sake), it would be dickery of the highest proportions to have gone after Sonic as well after he saved them from the initial aggressor in that cut scene. Seriously, these guys are cunts.

There got to me more to this though that what is being led on assholes or not. Its their homeworld they have a right to be pissed if people invade it...good intentions or not.

From what I can tell, this is going to be a preview that shows what happens before the intro of the game. As evidenced by the "Sonic's world now" which has the Tornado chasing Eggman which results in (I guess) the Tornado getting damaged as seen in the Gamescom trailer. I'm really interested in what else happens before Lost World actually starts. And GOD I hope that they don't do the whole turn good from bad thing because that's GETTING REALLY OLD.

Well considering that Sonic and Eggman shouldn't be there in the first place...I don't see this being a problem this time. Its not like the Zeti is something Sonic can destroy like a robot....he not going to KILL them...and kicking them off their own homeworld would be pretty bad of Sonic himself.

remember when everyone assumed they were "guardians" of some sort? I guess that sort of turned out true after all

and in an amazing twist, they're actually legitimately evil.

Has it been stated by any sources that they are actually evil though? I mean just cause they are cunts doesn't mean their bad per-say...perhaps their just territorial.

Edited by Voyant

Why would there have to be more than what we see at face value? Maybe they really are just assholes.

Hahaha, I love Cubot and Orbot's meta shot at Sonic Team for using "familiar terrain" for Windy Hill. XD

Is it really a meta shot at them, though, considering that they have to get official word from Sega in order to actually use the line in question? It could actually be a carried-over joke from the game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Why would there have to be more than what we see at face value? Maybe they really are just assholes.

Yeah but that doesn't mean they are bad persay. Dogs/Wolves are pretty territorial and can get real mean when people invade their space; good intentions or not. You should know that out of all people. 8p

If that's the case then all Dogs are A-Holes by nature XD.

Edited by Voyant

Well considering that Sonic and Eggman shouldn't be there in the first place...I don't see this being a problem this time. Its not like the Zeti is something Sonic can destroy  like a robot....he not going to KILL them...

Probably not, no. Although, he did kill the Iblis enemies without hesitation...I guess they weren't exactly sentient though, so I guess there's a big difference there.

Is it really a meta shot at them, though, considering that they have to get official word from Sega in order to actually use the line in question? It could actually be a carried-over joke from the game.

You're probably right, but in any case, it read as an affectionate little jab more than anything. But yes, SEGA probably approved it. This story calling itself a "prequel" tells me it's meant to be just that, a prequel that features events not seen in-game. I might be wrong about that, just guessing at this point.

Although, if Sonic Team did poke fun at themselves a bit, I'd be more than amused.

Edited by ElementofChaos

Yeah but that doesn't mean they are bad persay. Dogs/Wolves are pretty territorial and can get real mean when people invade their space good intentions or not. You should know that out of all people. 8p

If thats the case then all Dogs are Asswholes by nature XD.

I think threatening to kill the person that saved you from enslavement just catapults you into "Asshole" territory. xD

And for the record, I call my dog an asshole daily- among many other insults- because he is unnecessarily territorial and aggressive wherever he goes, and he has no sense of manners when it comes to coexisting with other living beings aside from the ones he knows. Doesn't matter that he isn't sapient (the Six are, so they're really assholes in my book); my dog sucks in a few ways, and I let him know constantly.

I'm gonna take a guess that those 6 zetis are the last of their kind, so maybe something happened before on lost hex.... and also give us a reason why they are assholes.

First we need to know if Lost Hex is just an empty planet as it looks like, there MUST be some reason Eggman went there, some reason other than just turning everything into a robotic distopia. Heck, in Colors it looked like he was just conquering worlds and destroying their natural habitats for the lolz, but in the end he had a plan, use the Wisps as energy for a mind control Cannon. For all we know, the Deadly Six are assholes and extreme because there's something very dangerous and powerful on Lost Hex and they don't want it to fall on the wrong hands... Knuckles tried to kill Sonic a lot of times on Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but he isn't a full time asshole, since he had a very good reason to do so, he wanted to protect the Master Emerald, maybe the Deadly Six have something like that too, something powerful they dont it to fall in the wrong hands.

First we need to know if Lost Hex is just an empty planet as it looks like, there MUST be some reason Eggman went there, some reason other than just turning everything into a robotic distopia. Heck, in Colors it looked like he was just conquering worlds and destroying their natural habitats for the lolz, but in the end he had a plan, use the Wisps as energy for a mind control Cannon. For all we know, the Deadly Six are assholes and extreme because there's something very dangerous and powerful on Lost Hex and they don't want it to fall on the wrong hands... Knuckles tried to kill Sonic a lot of times on Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but he isn't a full time asshole, since he had a very good reason to do so, he wanted to protect the Master Emerald, maybe the Deadly Six have something like that too, something powerful they dont it to fall in the wrong hands.

He enslaved the Deadly Six because of their power, and was going to use it to take over. Really nothing  complicated about this.

I really don't know why people are trying to read more into this than there really is; Lost Hex is the home of the Deadly Six, and they don't want anyone trespassing. And just because Sonic free'd them from Eggman's control doesn't change that. That, or they could be aware of the fact that Sonic is helping Eggman get that conch back to control them and they just don't want to be under Eggman's control again and taking extreme measures in preventing that.