Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

In one part of the comic it has sonic telling eggman to let the animals go and then it shifts into days ago which means eggman must have been at lost hex a while ago before sonic knew where he was taking the animals

I think threatening to kill the person that saved you from enslavement just catapults you into "Asshole" territory. xD

For the record, I call my dog an asshole daily- among many other insults- because he is unnecessarily territorial and aggressive wherever he goes, and he has no sense of manners when it comes to coexisting with other living beings aside from the ones he knows. Doesn't matter that he isn't sapient (the Six are, so they're really assholes in my book); my dog sucks in a few ways, and I let him know constantly.

Well its not like the Zeti were after Sonic and Tails deliberately in the first place though. Zavok told his brother to attack EGGMAN not everyone who they think didn't belong there.

Tails may have been hit on accident, but would give reason for Sonic to be mad at the Zetai including that the robots they control to still have animals inside them.

Eggman uses this as an opportunity for Sonic to assist him in getting the Zeti back in control and then Eggy uses them to betray Sonic which is obviously going to happen at some point.

Sonic did run off with Eggman...it could all be a misunderstanding. As I said Zavok doesn't seem the reasonable type...instead he rather just get rid of the problem when he sees it. Also, Sonic helping Eggman...the guy that got them in control in the first place doesn't put him in a good light either.

Edited by Voyant

when sonic comes to stop them in the cg cutscene, they're terrorising a bunch of little animals for shits and giggles. don't seem all that kind to me

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

That doesn't really make them any less of a bunch of dicks. :V

EDIT: GOddamn it Blitz

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

First we need to know if Lost Hex is just an empty planet as it looks like, there MUST be some reason Eggman went there, some reason other than just turning everything into a robotic distopia. Heck, in Colors it looked like he was just conquering worlds and destroying their natural habitats for the lolz, but in the end he had a plan, use the Wisps as energy for a mind control Cannon. For all we know, the Deadly Six are assholes and extreme because there's something very dangerous and powerful on Lost Hex and they don't want it to fall on the wrong hands... Knuckles tried to kill Sonic a lot of times on Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but he isn't a full time asshole, since he had a very good reason to do so, he wanted to protect the Master Emerald, maybe the Deadly Six have something like that too, something powerful they dont it to fall in the wrong hands.

The difference with Colors was that an underhanded plot was implied by the very act of Eggman trying to make amends through creating an amusement park. We know that he doesn't care about atoning to humanity for anything he's done, so the mere act of him doing so implies something insidious is going on. Here, there isn't that kind of subtext. He's going to the planet with the specific intent of using it in some evil manner; whether or not that's taking it over or using a hidden power source is irrelevant. His intentions to do bad are blatant. 

Furthermore, he enslaves the Six and actually harms them in the process, so we can assume that the Deadly Six do have a reason to oppose Eggman; however, they have no reason to oppose Sonic like they did, at least not a reason born of benevolence. And this isn't equivalent to Knuckles either; Knuckles has always wisened up when Eggman betrayed him, and in these specific conflicts Knuckles didn't know anyone's alignment at all. Here, the very act of Sonic knocking the shell away proves that the two have an antagonistic relationship with one another, and if Knuckles was in the Six's position in that cutscene he would've never proceeded to attack Sonic as well for rescuing him.

Why? Because he's not an asshole. =P

Well its not like the Zeti were after Sonic and Tails deliberately in the first place though. Zavok told his brother to attack EGGMAN not everyone who they think didn't belong there.

But he quite clearly says "Any intruders of Lost Hex will find the same thing. Trouble".  Implying both that Lost World is their territory and that they'll go after anything that tries to intrude.

when sonic comes to stop them in the cg cutscene, they're terrorising a bunch of little animals for shits and giggles. don't seem all that kind to me

Or they were commanded by Eggman to gather up animals for more bots? That scene did happen in Windy Hill.

But he quite clearly says "Any intruders of Lost Hex will find the same thing. Trouble".  Implying both that Lost World is their territory and that they'll go after anything that tries to intrude.

They maybe dicks, but they still had a good reason. If someone just walked into my door at my house that I didn't know i would get pretty fucking mad.

Edited by Voyant

And the deadly Six may just very well be Ungrateful Bastards...which is fine by me. They are demons after all.

That may be the case, but they--according to screenshots of post-Desert Ruins stages--keep using the animal-powered robots, so they clearly don't really care about them. So yeah. Jerkasses. :V

So whether the Deadly Six are good or bad hasn't been decided...but for once we all agree on one thing.

They are a bunch of assholes.

I think this is the one thing in Lost World everyone can agree with so far XD.

Edited by Voyant

They maybe dicks, but they still had a good reason. If someone just walked into my door at my house that I didn't know i would get pretty fucking mad.

I'm not sure your house is equivalent to, well, Earth. Literally, these guys are claiming the entire planet for themselves. If anything, they're more like xenophobic deportation officers than a man merely defending his home. A (sane) man defending his home doesn't get homicidal when an unrecognizable car rolls down his street.

I'm not sure your house is equivalent to, well, Earth. Literally, these guys are claiming the entire planet for themselves. If anything, they're more like xenophobic deportation officers than a man merely defending his home. A (sane) man defending his home doesn't get homicidal when an unrecognizable car rolls down his street.

Supposedly though the planet is actually a floating continent..they are not actually talking about the Earth Sonic lives on, but a piece of land like Angel Island that floats in the skies. 

I'm pretty damn sure that if Aliens actually landed on Earth and it is a publicly known thing the military of every part of the globe and everyone with a gun would be trying to fuck it up first chance they get. So I guess most humans aren't sane 8p.

Edited by Voyant

most of the argument here is "eggman is a dick so the six must be good guys"

just because one person is a dick to another dosn't mean the other can't be a dick as well. victims can still be assholes, and the situation with sonic just screams ungrateful bastard - the "they might think he's with eggman" argument doesn't work because he's probably already told them to attack him anyway, along with him clearly trolling eggman in front of them

Supposedly though the planet is actually a floating continent..they are not actually talking about the Earth Sonic lives on, but a piece of land like Angel Island that floats in the skies. 

I'm preety damn sure that if Aliens actually landed on Earth and it is a publicly known thing the military of every part of the globe and everyone with a gun would be trying to fuck it up fist chance they get. So I guess most humans aren't sane 8p.

I don't think any normal man defending his home claims an entire continent for himself either, neither do I think an alien landing would automatically facilitate immediate military force, especially if it was something benign. xP

So whether the Deadly Six are good or bad hasn't been decided...but for once we all agree on one thing.

They are a bunch of assholes.

I think this is the one thing in Lost World everyone can agree with so far XD.

Well they're going against Sonic, so that kinda automatically puts them in the "evil" role until we get the full story.

Heh. So the Deadly Six are vicious conquerors that don't want people on their land. Even if they save your life, if they see one foot that isn't their own on their planet, its gonna lay down and die.

Yep. Assholes.

I don't think any normal man defending his home claims an entire continent for himself either, neither do I think an alien landing would automatically facilitate immediate military force, especially if it was something benign. xP

For a we know Lost Hex may be the size of Little Planet...which proportionately was around the same size of Angel Island from what I believe. We have seen organisms in Lost Hex that are obviously not part of Eggman's Robots so they aren't the only inhabitants of the the world they are "defending".

most of the argument here is "eggman is a dick so the six must be good guys"

just because one person is a dick to another dosn't mean the other can't be a dick as well. victims can still be assholes, and the situation with sonic just screams ungrateful bastard - the "they might think he's with eggman" argument doesn't work because he's probably already told them to attack him anyway, along with him clearly trolling eggman in front of them

This is Sonic dude...Sonic raerly does anything without thinking it through...that cutscene being clear evidence when he kicked the...

tumblr_mr1hvsf2QJ1s5fa43o1_500.png.

out of Eggman's hands...for all we know Sonic probably just thought they were Eggman's robots when he first met them and had all intent to get rid of them in an aggressive manner.

Well they're going against Sonic, so that kinda automatically puts them in the "evil" role until we get the full story.

So far everyone assumed that, but thanks to the comic preview it seems that they inhabited Lost World from the get go (they weren't some magical locked beings on the planet) and they DON'T LIKE IT when people invade their home. So they wen't from being evil....to just being dicks.

Edited by Voyant

So far everyone assumed that, but thanks to the comic preview it seems that they inhabited Lost World from the get go (they weren't some magical locked beings on the planet) and they DON'T LIKE IT when people invade their home. So they wen't from being evil....to just being dicks.

Is there really a difference between being a dick and being evil?

You can be a dick without being evil, but you can't be evil without being a dick, I guess?

You can be a dick without being evil, but you can't be evil without being a dick, I guess?

I feel a trope war coming on....

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty much first it shows Sonic and Tails chasing Eggman in the Tornado before flashing back to Eggman first finding Lost Hex days before. After searching for a bit Eggman finds Zavok who says "Any intruders of Lost Hex find the same thing, Trouble" After which Eggman states that he was looking for the Zeti all along. Zavok then taunts him saying "What name shall I put on your tombstone?" Then Eggman orders the buzzbombers he has to fire at Zavok. There's a bit more to it but that's a summary.

Edited by LordMetallix

shadow is a dick, but he's not evil

Yea, but he also has redeeming qualities that don't make him a complete dick. The Deadly Six so far don't really have any redeeming qualities, and from their dialogue probably don't have any.

um.....I got nothing