Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Welp just checked Amazon and now they are showing the Deadly Six edition, took em long enough

Di4bJQP.jpg

Guess that pretty much confirms any retailer having it now, after seeing it only on Gamestop's site I was a little worried.

I hope the german version get's this too

Just checked some retailer here. All of them just offer the "normal" version.

There is either a pic nor did they mention it in the description. mellow.png

Amazon DE just recently put it on their page.. They offer Mario Kart 8 and SSB for Wii U since E3 for preoder, but not Sonic Lost World.. Pretty late, don't you think Amazon? dry.png

I hope the german version get's this too

Just checked some retailer here. All of them just offer the "normal" version.

There is either a pic nor did they mention it in the description. mellow.png

Amazon DE just recently put it on their page.. They offer Mario Kart 8 and SSB for Wii U since E3 for preoder, but not Sonic Lost World.. Pretty late, don't you think Amazon? dry.png

Okay

Seriously guys

All the first copies are the bonus edition

As in, SEGA is sending all retailers the bonus edition and anybody who preorders the game will get the bonus edition because that's the only version you can get because that's the version retailers are getting. It's not something you order specifically, it will be sent to you if you preorder the game - hell, it can be sent to you after the game is out if they still have more copies in stock. It's a small present to the people who got the game as early as possible.

I'm sorry if I came off as a dick there, but seriously guys

Whether or not I pre-order it depends on if I have a Wii U before the game comes out.

Whether or not I pre-order it depends on if I have a Wii U before the game comes out.

If you really care about the bonus content, you could just order the game for when you do get a Wii U. You are gaining something, after all. It depends on whether you think it's actually worth it though.

It depends on whether you think it's actually worth it though.

want dem NiGHTs bosses, mang.

All the first shipments of Sonic Lost World will be the Deadly Six Edition. When ALL of those copies are sold out, the second shipment SEGA makes will be the normal version of the game.

All the first shipments of Sonic Lost World will be the Deadly Six Edition. When ALL of those copies are sold out, the second shipment SEGA makes will be the normal version of the game.

So its not even worth pre-ordering it. Let say no one in store A pre-orders. the game is release so that would mean that the Deadly six edition is still going to be in the store any ways 

Im gonna pre-order anyway because with my luck they will only have regular copies and that would suck, might as well pay 5 bucks for a sure thing.

So its not even worth pre-ordering it. Let say no one in store A pre-orders. the game is release so that would mean that the Deadly six edition is still going to be in the store any ways 

And then you wait for a while, and when you preorder it you get the normal version anyway

I think this was the case for All Stars Racing Transformed. It is worth pre-ordering it if you want it guaranteed though.

Okay

Seriously guys

All the first copies are the bonus edition

As in, SEGA is sending all retailers the bonus edition and anybody who preorders the game will get the bonus edition because that's the only version you can get because that's the version retailers are getting. It's not something you order specifically, it will be sent to you if you preorder the game - hell, it can be sent to you after the game is out if they still have more copies in stock. It's a small present to the people who got the game as early as possible.

I'm sorry if I came off as a dick there, but seriously guys

Well. It may be possible that germany doesn't get the same, and they produce a version separately. They haven't done that the first time. Personally I doubt it.. But who knows. It's germany.. You never know! lol

But if your scenario is the case I will save a lot of money. I have a retailer in my town who sells Nintendo games with a fantastic price. The most times they sell games 22% off discount on release day. ;) I don't know if Nintendo is behind this but other retailer use the recommended retail price. x3

• Thumbs Up 1

So Siliconera has posted how some of these Wisp powers will work with the Gamepad:

As previously revealed, Sonic will be able to run across walls and lock on multiple enemies with his homing attack. Sonic Team is also bringing back the Wisps from Sonic Colors to give Sonic special powers. Here, you can see some of the Color Powers coming to the Wii U version of the game, including the new Crimson and Magenta Wisps.

Crimson Eagle

As its name implies, the Crimson Wisp lets you transform into an eagle and fly around using the Wii U GamePad’s gyroscope function.

Magenta Rhythm

The Magenta Wisp activates a rhythm-action game in which you must tap music notes on the Game Pad. With each tap, you will jump to that music note, potentially leading you to a hidden area.

Orange Rocket

The Orange Wisp is making a return from Sonic Colors to let you transform into a rocket and burst into the sky. Using the Game Pad, you can view your surroundings to find shortcuts or hidden items.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/30/in-sonic-lost-world-you-can-turn-into-an-eagle-or-a-musical-note/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

Hopefully there are alternate ways of controlling them like the Laser Wisp.

• Thumbs Up 1

And to complain about gamepad integration, which was a given in the console that you bought, Wii U owners.

Edited by Auto

And to complain about gamepad integration, which was a given in the console that you bought, Wii U owners.

I think people aren't actually complaining about the implementation of the gamepad. They're just complaining about the way the gamepad is actually implemented.

Sheesh. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well that's useful information thanks but controlling that eagle will be a bitch to control also rhythm will be like guitar hero and the rocket wisp can only see things, btw is the rocket free to control or not

It's because it's a gimmicky console that requires motion to proceed

Some of the implementations are really lousy. Most notably the Asteroid power, rather than mapping it to the analog stick you move by tilting the gamepad in the direction you want to go? 

Edited by Balding Spider

Well that's useful information thanks but controlling that eagle will be a bitch to control also rhythm will be like guitar hero and the rocket wisp can only see things, btw is the rocket free to control or not

It's because it's a gimmicky console that requires motion to proceed

No. It's up to the developer if they want to use the stuff in the Gamepad. Nintendo never requires it.

Why wouldn't Nintendo want them to show off their gimmicky gamepad? Especially when Colors offered different controller setups?

• Thumbs Up 1

Problem is I think that this is suffering from "Secret Rings gimmick syndrome" where SEGA feel like they have to cram every gimmick in they can, rather than using them sparingly for different level gimmicks and such (for example maybe save the gyro controls exclusively for the snowball level)

Problem is I think that this is suffering from "Secret Rings gimmick syndrome" where SEGA feel like they have to cram every gimmick in they can, rather than using them sparingly for different level gimmicks and such (for example maybe save the gyro controls exclusively for the snowball level)

The guy showign off the level already said it was a bad idea because controlling it would be awful. Using it for a ten second power up that's more for reaching extra routes and speedrunning is one thing, but using it to navigate an incredibly tricky level that you can easily die in even with regular controls? That's a terrible idea. You'd be falling off edges constantly.

• Thumbs Up 1

So Siliconera has posted how some of these Wisp powers will work with the Gamepad:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/30/in-sonic-lost-world-you-can-turn-into-an-eagle-or-a-musical-note/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

Hopefully there are alternate ways of controlling them like the Laser Wisp.

Ugh, the gamepad mechanics with some of the Wisps are probably my only "ehhh......" about Lost World. 

Unless the control stick is still secretly usable. 

Edited by Narukami07