Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I don't think anybody's brought up the possibility of the animal friends being used for Chao Gardens. Personally I don't see it happening, but hey, it's a possibility, especially with lots of people wanting them to return.

I don't get why they haven't had an IOS Chao Garden game though - seriously SEGA, fans would throw their money at you. You could rule the world.

Chao Garden with touch controls? So much accidental Chao abuse....

Actually, Did SEGA or Sonic Team ever say what does the animals even do?

They were said to be used for Unlocking optional things or important(un-important)stuff.

The red rings are probably just going to be used for collectibles again, but I'm really curious about the animals. I did jokingly bring up the prospect of them being used to build the robots, but that obviously brings some... unfortunate implications.

Oh god, now I'm imagining a cutscene where Eggman is watching Tails building his mechs and comes out with "but where do the animals go?"

Collecting Every red ring in a stage Should unlock the music of that stage. Collecting all the red rings of the first level should unlock the sound test option along with the the 1st level's music.

On the topic of the demo, IIRC the Wii U's format hasn't been cracked yet, meaning no hacking. I may (which means I'm probably) wrong, but... yeah.

I don't think anybody's brought up the possibility of the animal friends being used for Chao Gardens. Personally I don't see it happening, but hey, it's a possibility, especially with lots of people wanting them to return.

I don't get why they haven't had an IOS Chao Garden game though - seriously SEGA, fans would throw their money at you. You could rule the world.

In all honesty, I think a chao garden as an optional thing in the game would be better (I still don't know whats the problem if it is put in) heck its what gives adventure 2 most of its replay value beyond just trying to increase your rank in the stages and I feel as though a completely seperate chao garden game would be pretty pointless because its only raising the chao while playing minigames to get money for them with no game outside of that to help facilitate it at all. But my point is that chao garden would lose some of the fun that it has if it was only chao garden.

Maybe the animals unlock optional levels that aren't relevant to the story but are there for missions or challenges also they will unlock the good ending if they are all collected

I don't know how animals unlocking bonus levels is a bad idea anyways.

I'm wondering about the red rings though. Hmm.

On the topic of the demo, IIRC the Wii U's format hasn't been cracked yet, meaning no hacking. I may (which means I'm probably) wrong, but... yeah.

Might be late, but whatever. Just to clear things up.

Wii U got hacked already, homebrew can be installed to the virtual Wii since launch day. And they already managed to crack the Wii U disc encryption, hell The Avengers Wii U game is already out for download. The only thing they're trying to do is to allow the Wii U to read those backup'd games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it would be cool to get optional stages via the animals, but the good ending shouldn't be unlocked by doing that (assuming there IS a good ending this time around). I think that a returning (and enhanced) Chao Garden would be interesting in SLW, or maybe some sort of secret Wisp or something I dunno.

There's no need for multiple endings in a Sonic game. Besides Sonic CD, there was either the complete/good ending or the incomplete/normal ending. Since nothing bad would happen if the requirement for the good ending was met.

Edited by Chrononego

I'd like to see the possible outcome of Sonic losing as an optional ending if you fail to save enough Animals, could of made for an interesting take on the infamous "Game Over, get all the Emeralds!" screen, or just more than one ending, would be really cool and would potentially throw us all a curve ball that we weren't expecting.

Since we are talking about multiple endings, I will say...

It would actually be very awesome if they bought those multiple endings kind of thing back in Sonic Lost World, for to me; they could add some kind of replay value in the game. I can see the multiple endings being affected by the number of animals you have to save, just like other people here on this topic have said.

Since we are talking about multiple endings, I will say...

It would actually be very awesome if they bought those multiple endings kind of thing back in Sonic Lost World, for to me; they could add some kind of replay value in the game. I can see the multiple endings being affected by the number of animals you have to save, just like other people here on this topic have said.

Get X animals. They prevent you form falling in the ending by catching you.

Get Less then X. Sonic falls on his face.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not really opposed to multiple emdings, but if they do decide to bring them back there should be some significant difference to them that makes them worth the extra effort.

Get X animals. They prevent you form falling in the ending by catching you.

Get Less then X. Sonic falls on his face.

Heh heh! I guess that could work! LOL

Though I have my bets that if multiple endings are in the game, they won't be something like that.

Is there any word of this coming to the UK or the States? Might just be the tipping point towards me upgrading to an XL.