Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Mostly I'm just happy about Penguinator because I wasn't sure if he'd be in the Wii U version despite him being in Lost World 3DS. I dunno why I doubted that, but hey. 8D

Oh and he is the best badnik in the show, there's that too!

Why is it that every time new screens come out of this game the argument of Lost World not having a detailed environment becomes more and more of a fallacy?

Because people seem to always bring it up every time a new screenshot is shown; seriously did we not just have a warning post about this a few pages back?

In related news; the penguinator is back.....oh crap, if he starts riding a motorcycle I'm done.

Maybe you deposit the animals as some kind of in game currency to unlock things,so ultimately there is something big unlocked as you add more Animals into it, and red rings could just be limited to art work and music tracks, whilst animals could be used to get new vehicle's/skins or items to aid you in the game.

But that would kind of make rings redundant...

Do... do you get to take your Wisp out for a walk on the 3DS or something?

Are Wisps the new Chao?

Or maybe I'm looking at that screenshopt the wrong way.

• Thumbs Up 4

slw-12.jpg

Wisp away...?

edit: also, it seems the animals cap at 999

I'm kinda curious about what "People Met" means... Does it mean Wisps, or animals or what? I remember them saying that there would be new characters the day this was revealed in the Nintendo Direct before E3, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Then again Aaron has repeatedly said that they would be focusing on the main cast of characters so...

I'm kinda curious about what "People Met" means... Does it mean Wisps, or animals or what? I remember them saying that there would be new characters the day this was revealed in the Nintendo Direct before E3, so maybe that has something to do with it? Then again Aaron has repeatedly said that they would be focusing on the main cast of characters so...
People met seems to be how many people who are on miiverse or streetpass that you've met throughout the lost hex hubworld just like NSMBU's hubworld

I'm kinda curious about what "People Met" means... Does it mean Wisps, or animals or what? I remember them saying that there would be new characters the day this was revealed in the Nintendo Direct before E3, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Then again Aaron has repeatedly said that they would be focusing on the main cast of characters so...

I'm pretty sure it's Miiverse

Part of me doesn't understand the rage at the fact that there's a canon ending to Shadow the Hedgehog -- sure, the multiple endings are thrown out the window canon-wise, but isn't that sort of needed after the fiasco of where Battle fit with say, Heroes and Shadow after Battle was released between the two? And even without those games in the picture, there's still some vague questions as to what's canon, and what's not. All SEGA's said is 'Don't think about it too much'... which I can't stop myself from doing. My bad!

The game runs on morality game-play and that goes on to effect what ending you get. Since there is only one real ending the entire morality concept is made pointless and you have to get every ending anyway in order to beat the game.

Edited by Chrononego

Alright, the Penguinator returns! It's good to see that badnik again.

EDIT: I wonder what this Wisp away thing is?

Edited by Flamerstreak

Alright, the Penguinator returns! It's good to see that badnik again.

EDIT: I wonder what this Wisp away thing is?

Probably means how long you've had the wisp in control for number of seconds and minutes

what.

You're pretty much saying that a game has to be completely linear and have no element of choice whatsoever unless it has a strong narrative. Why can't I choose which level to visit just because the game i'm playing doens't have a deep narrative? What about S3&K, where you need all the emeralds to fight the final boss? What about Wario Land, where the ending you get tells you how good you did? These should be scrapped because the plot isn't the focus? The plot isn't the focus in the first place, why does it suddenly matter now? Why should the gameplay suffer because of the plot? Why do you take issue with multiple endings in an excuse plot, yet have no issue with the excuse plot itself? The endings aren't focused on the plot, they're there for the gameplay. Nothing more. The plot is there to explain the setting not to give an amazing narrative. The endings are there for the sake of being there, the splitting pathways in the levels are the focus.

Um, no, no I'm not. I'm saying that I prefer a plotline to be linear, not the gameplay. I literally never said that the gameplay should be linear. The player can make choices in a game and still have a virtually linear plot.

There's a difference between 'true' endings and multiple endings. Unlocking everything to get the 'true' ending is completely different to a plot with multiple endings.

Edited by Lokust

I think the wisp away time could be how long it's been since you got a power up from a friend? Because above it is "wisp status" and it looks like the boxes you get the miiverse exclusive stuff on. My guess is that you can "send" your wisp away into miiverse to collect the items, maybe there is a part where you can choose to give people/ friends power ups? And then your wisp will come back with said power up and that'll be the "wisp away" time. Just speculation!!

On the subject of 3DS skins, was there ever any indication that this stuff would come to the US (or any 3DS bonuses, for that matter)?

I have a blue XL and that skin/decal would look perfect on it.

150px-HungryLuma.png

FEED ME YOUR CUTE ANIMALS

302px-Chao_Sonic_Channel_7.png

FEED ME YOUR CUTE ANIMALS

This also works too.

Did you just pull a batman returns reference

JQB7k.gif

• Thumbs Up 6