Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Fantastic news, I can't wait to hear it....

But wait, so they didn't do the orchestral version of Colors' theme??

No. Colours' main theme was performed by Amsterdam's Philharmonic Orchestra.

I think you're thinking of Unleashed. Colors was the Amsterdam Symphony Orchestra or whatever they're called.

ninja'd

Edited by Dizcrybe

Sonic Lost World's main theme to be played by the Japanese Philharmonic Orchestra at the Katsushika Symphony Hills Mozart Hall on October 11th. - http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/event/130910/index.html

The game's main theme is "Wonder World" which will be played alongside Unleashed's main theme "The World Adventure"

Tomoya Ohtani is also making a guest appearance at this little event.

That is cool, actually. Can't wait to hear it.

Sonic Lost World's main theme to be played by the Japanese Philharmonic Orchestra at the Katsushika Symphony Hills Mozart Hall on October 11th. - http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/event/130910/index.html

The game's main theme is "Wonder World" which will be played alongside Unleashed's main theme "The World Adventure"

Tomoya Ohtani is also making a guest appearance at this little event.

Gleeeee! I'm positively ecstatic there's a theme at least!

This will be akin to The World Adventure I presume, rather than Endless Possibilities, if that makes sense. I'm still hoping for a vocal theme regardless. I need a new set of lyrics to get stuck in my head!

I guess it's nice to have things confirmed, but does this really tell us anything we didn't already know? It was pretty clear that there was going to be an orchestral theme from the results screens, and as far as I can tell this doesn't confirm a vocal theme at all.

It'd certainly be kind of interesting to have another The World Adventure/Endless Possibilities scenario instead of just a vocal theme and a dozen instrumental variations on it. Either way, if there are vocal songs involved in any capacity, I hope we also get a dumb end credits song. I'm not too keen on Dear My Friend, but Speak With Your Heart is super rad and I'd love another one of those. Maybe a song from the perspective of/actually sung by the Deadly Six~?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really looking forward to hearing the theme song, I have no idea if it will top Colors' orchestral theme though. Don't let me down, Mr. Ohtani :).

Does anyone think we're not getting a vocal song at this point? I'd love to see this game get one, but usually when a 3D Sonic title is announced, you hear the vocal song in the trailers (Unleashed, Black Knight, Colors, etc.) A lot of people don't like Cash Cash's vocal contributions to the Sonic series, but I was expecting them to show up for this game, I'm incredibly fond of their work in Colors.

Why exactly would we not have a main theme? Just where does this type of thinking come from?

"Generations was lacking in a few aspects so now every game after it is going to lack in those aspects" has been the general excuse for skepticism when it comes to this game for some reason. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Why exactly would we not have a main theme? Just where does this type of thinking come from?

It came from Sonic Generations not having one.

Its not about not having a main theme, its about not having a VOCAL main theme, the game will be released in a month, and none of the trailers showed the theme, no event had it being played, no information or clue that it even exists, and at this point, it might as well not exist. All Sonic games had their vocal theme revealed well before their release, and the only one who didn't, Generations, kept using random music or soundtracks from the levels on the trailers, which is also what they're doing for Lost World's trailers, so yeah, kinda hard to belive there's a main vocal theme.

• Thumbs Up 2

"Wonder World" is going to be the orchestra theme song you'll hear during various parts of the game: title screen, ranking screen at the end of levels, probably the occasional leitmotif during cutscenes, etc. If there's a vocal theme (unless Wonder World is just the instrumental of it???), we still have no clue about it's existence.

Not having a Vocal theme doesn't really go into what I was saying. That's actually something to think about. I just mean why would "people" think that just because Gens. didn't have a main theme this game wouldn't have one. Generations couldn't really have proper main theme to reflect on the series 1990(1) through 2011. This game is entirely different from that game, so this game obviously would have a main theme. Thinking logically and not just assuming.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5g5JLCKdpU#

A little preview of the main theme.

Edited by KaBlamJamDan

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5g5JLCKdpU#

A little preview of the main theme.

The first 15 seconds sound a lot like Windy Hill act 1, honestly. I like what I hear, I can't wait to hear the full version!