Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

You also actually twirled on ice in the Zeena boss, whenever you jumped. It was a bit odd to see Sonic doing ballet. The red guy, Zavok I think, had a huge dragon with like a lot of lasers and all. Zazz's boss happened in the day and in the night so maybe it happens throughout a day lol.

Edited by Faseeh

The Boss Battles. For all of the Deadly Six. Zazz and Zomom appear to be 2D primarily, alot like the Colors Bosses. Zik and Zeena are more arena oriented bosses, with some similarities to Mario Galaxy for Zeena. Zor is alot like a Sonic Rush Boss Battle, and also has some other 2D elements. Zavok is a combination of most of the above.

Zor's felt a lot like the ghost pendulum boss battle in sonic rush adventure and Zavok's sky boss battle is a lot like the egg snake in cosmic angel act 2 boss in sonic advance except with Zavok on it.

SRAGhostPendulum.PNG

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

WittyUsername posted a recording of the trailer in the status updates, all credit to him for capturing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP8X7VUoRns

EDIT: Ninja'd! Damn you Jetronic :P

Sonic ice-skating and pirouetting on a circular, miniature planet made of ice. Now where have I seen that before?

Either way, it looks nice. I'm glad we're getting bosses that aren't just on-rails chases.

Say whatever you want, but this is not Sonic.

From the gameplay perspective this looks like fun but visually that's definitely not Sonic. It's anything but Sonic. Only the Zavok battle distantly reminds me of Sonic. Guess it's because of machinery stuff and a bit more darker tone.

Edited by ArtFenix

There are four bosses Zavok, Zeena, Zazz & Zor who use robotic machinery while Zik uses fruit & water, god knows why? and Zomom uses physical attacks..

Edited by DarkShadowMaster

Explain how this is not Sonic.

Zazz = Blaze + Hydrocity boss

Zomom = Mecha Sonic

Zik = Rush's Egg Dung Beetle + Orbiting, inflatable Eggmobile clones boss

Zor = Sonic Rivals bosses

Zavok = Egg Viper + Sonic Rush final boss

Zeena is the only one who doesn't resemble any past bosses, though that's only because it wasn't possible with the level design in past games.

From the gameplay perspective this looks like fun but visually that's definitely not Sonic.

...indeed.

Anyway I like how Zik is referred to as "Master Zik." Just helps reinforce his similarities to Master Shifu from KFP.

Also interested in Zavok's boss. It looks like it takes place in the general Windy Valley location at first, but then in some scenes it looks like it takes place in the mountain/lava location (guessing this locale because of the dark clouds). And speaking of the machinery, I guess it's safe to assume the machinery used for their boss battles are some mechs Eggman supplied to them with before they turned against him? If they were able to take control of his badniks and Egg Pawns, what's not to say they took control of his general mechs as well (and probably modified them to match their Zeti designs)?

I'm going to assume for the moment that Zavok is fought more than once, and he'll be using mechs that Eggman was going to pilot himself up until the betrayal. He seems to be behind the one in WIndy Hill mind you, but Eggman might be involved in that one as well. Hard to tell at this point.

Edited by ElementofChaos

I can't see the trailer right now. Did they use music from the game, or did they reuse Cinema yet again/use another bland drum 'n' bass tune?

I can't see the trailer right now. Did they use music from the game, or did they reuse Cinema yet again/use another bland drum 'n' bass tune?

More likely the game since they played it during the sonic boom trailer.

Actually, I think the reason why Zavok's boss appears to be in multiple locations is because sections of the lost hex are broken off and are making up the level in the clouds. Look at the section at 1:24, the level section is taken directly from Silent Forest act 2, yet it's way up in the clouds now. Also note the broken hex peices in the background of the fights.

As for where he's fighting, in the comic book adaption's Lost Hex art, there's a seventh world right next to the volcanic world that is made out of differently colored clouds, so I'm going to assume that that world shall be his main zone.

Actually, I think the reason why Zavok's boss appears to be in multiple locations is because sections of the lost hex are broken off and are making up the level in the clouds. Look at the section at 1:24, the level section is taken directly from Silent Forest act 2, yet it's way up in the clouds now. Also note the broken hex peices in the background of the fights.

As for where he's fighting, in the comic book adaption's Lost Hex art, there's a seventh world right next to the volcanic world that is made out of differently colored clouds, so I'm going to assume that that world shall be his main zone.

Then that must mean eggman's in control of the volcano zone

Sonic Lost World TGS show at September 21st (11:00~11:45JP Time)

tt_3_2.png

Stuff in TGS:

FIJTdpz.jpg

Sonic 1UP

MUhoXSZ.jpg

Sonic Lost World stickers

Source.

Edited by Woun

Sonic Lost World TGS show at September 21st (11:00~11:45JP Time)

tt_3_2.png

Stuff in TGS:

FIJTdpz.jpg

Sonic 1UP

MUhoXSZ.jpg

Sonic Lost World stickers

Source.

Hopefully they'll show demos of Silent Forest and more of Windy Hill on the 3DS version and perhaps Frozen Factory while the Wii U stages will be the same as PAX 2013

you guys know Zomzom+Wiseman has a Skydiving section, right? They aren't reskins.

Zomom has a boss sequence on the pixilated head that appeared in Desert Ruins act two, which at some point will fall towards the desert, which in turn creates sky diving.

tumblr_lyvuezfx1U1r6kdyoo1_500.jpg

Edited by The Deleter

They look good, but it just doesn't feel like Sonic without mechs.  The Zomom battle especially gave me this unreal sense that I was looking at another game entirely, whereas Zor and Zavok felt about right.

As for Amy and Knuckles, I'm starting to think that they're only going to be in in the most peripheral manner imaginable.

Looks good but, Zeena especially, it looks way too much like Mario Galaxy to me. Must be the planetoid shape of the levels. And it just doesn't feel right to fight non-robotic enemies in a Sonic game. Then again, I liked the Storybook series where the robotic enemies were countable on one hand. I still remain skeptical about Lost World, that's all.

On a positive note, though, I liked Sonic skating on ice and I'm still curious about the characters appearing, hoping that they won't be flat stereotypes. However, what I'm losing faith in is the importance of Amy and Knuckles to the plot.

Edited by Duck Avenger Nald
  • Thumbs Up 1