Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Heh! I never could take that Jim Sterling guys so seriously. In fact, I would say that the video game reviewing business would be better off without a guy like Jim. He's just not worth trusting or even listen to when it comes to reviews on some games.

Heh! I never could take that Jim Sterling guys so seriously. In fact, I would say that the video game reviewing business would be better off without a guy like Jim. He's just not worth trusting or even listen to when it comes to reviews on some games.

Doesn't help that most of the people on the site he works for are absolute sheep.

I think that Jim Sterling is a man.......with opinions. Opinions that might differ from yours. If he doesn't like something you like, then so be it. We're all different people.

I actually like Jimquisition

The only reviews that I tend to ignore are the ones that start with "Sonic has been on a downward spiral as of late". Ignoring the last 4 years. If they start out like that, I won't even read them.

• Thumbs Up 5

The one guy who played the game has an opinion.

Everyone who hasn't played the game rejects it because it's not a positive one.

Huh...?

Gotta love how the internet works.

Huh...?

Well, I didn't say anything about his thoughts, nor am I really inclined to care, one way or the other. I've already said that, since this game is almost certainly gonna be divisive, I'm gonna wait until I actually try the game out myself before I start giving a hoot.

Huh...?

-inb4 overly defensive statement, picks apart your post, remarks how you said everybody when not literally everybody was saying it, etc.-

• Thumbs Up 2

Huh...?

It doesn't even seem particularly negative, which makes all this backlash even more ridiculous. The way I'm reading it, he liked it, but it has problems (and they may be subjective, who knows?).

Doesn't help that most of the people on the site he works for are absolute sheep.

Heh! That doesn't bother me. I could deal with Jim if I could, even with his sheep trying to defend him. They wouldn't stop me.

Heh! That doesn't bother me. I could deal with Jim if I could, even with his sheep trying to defend him. They wouldn't stop me.

9w0y.png

Calm down, tough guy. It's a video game and this is the internet.

• Thumbs Up 7

It doesn't even seem particularly negative, which makes all this backlash even more ridiculous. The way I'm reading it, he liked it, but it has problems (and they may be subjective, who knows?).

The insinuation that he's somehow a huge asshole for having an opinion on a game he played while we're allowed to sit here and gush freely is ridiculous.

\

Especially since people are using his score of Colors to justify it. Oh no, he doesn't like a game you like. How terrible.

• Thumbs Up 5

We can prolly kick it down a notch now, kthanks. The guy hasn't even posted a score yet and we're already going slightly crazy lawl

• Thumbs Up 1

Except from what I read no one was really all that out of hand witht their comments, people are just overracting to people less than favorable opinons about Jim and make it sound like we fucking attacked the guy :/

Except from what I read no one was really all that out of hand witht their comments, people are just overracting to people less than favorable opinons about Jim and make it sound like we fucking attacked the guy :/

You shouldn't be viewing him any less for having a negative opinion on a game you like or a game you haven't played to begin with.

Edited by Fierce Deity
  • Thumbs Up 1

So... how about that Sonic Lost World? That's certainly a better topic to converse about than complaining and being pointlessly condescending over opinions for the umpteenth time, am I right?

• Thumbs Up 8

You shouldn't be viewing him any less for having a negative opinion on a game you like or a game you haven't played to begin with.

Im just basing his views on his past reviews which I tended to disagree with, don't really care about the guy as a person, im just looking at his reviewing chops, and absed on his track record, I personally don't believe the probalems he'll have with the game won't apply to my experience very much or not a problem at all, just like with Sonic Colors.

Of crourse, this is conjecture since he hasn't written a review yet, so maybe he will have legit complaints that would bring down the game, but im not hlodling my breath,.

Lol Jim Sterling.... He's one guy, why does everyone flip their shit when he says something is shit?

Jim's opinions on Sonic Colours wasn't what pissed me off so much as his making fun of people who liked Colours and chastising the fanbase for thinking it was Sonic's return to form and ignoring the true masterpiece, Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1. "How have they pulled the wool over our eyes again," "I guess the core Sonic fanbase just don't like 2D platformers," "I wasn't aware you could enjoy platforming so floaty," etc.

• Thumbs Up 6

Lol he deleted the tweet, seems even Mr Sterling can't handle the wrath of the Sonic fanbase.

No doubt he'll use it as ammo in his eventual SLW review *shrug* Double edged sword.

Wait, he deleted it?

Last I checked the most recent response to it was like, an hour ago and most of said responses were people agreeing that 3D Sonics are never good etc. etc. (if anything that was what made me roll my eyes, not the original tweet). Not sure why he'd delete when there were only like one or two people responding negatively.

Edited by Sonic Omochao

Wait, he deleted it?

bezJsex.png

Gone~

And now it's gone, we should really get back on topic...So...

So how about dat Sanic Lost World? Not long now oooooh~

Edited by Zeena

9w0y.png

Calm down, tough guy. It's a video game and this is the internet.

I was calm all along, genius. I wasn't trying to be a tough guy, but I do apologize if I seemed to come off as otherwise.

Wait, he deleted it?

Theres an embargo. He realised that his tweet was potentially breaking it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lol he deleted the tweet, seems even Mr Sterling can't handle the wrath of the Sonic fanbase.

No doubt he'll use it as ammo in his eventual SLW review *shrug* Double edged sword.

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/387735228133167104

It sounds like he deleted it because the game was embargoed and he didn't realize it.  

edit:  Beat me to it hogfather

by the by, what is the point of a reviews embargo?  Are they worried  about the bad press or what?

Edited by Radrappy