Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JpmuVt7cS4

Awesome speedrun of Windy Hill 3DS. The spin dash works like in the Wii U (keeps going after a jump), slightly improved Sonic model, and the speed shoe theme is now the Super Sonic theme from Colors!

EDIT: It's actually a Reach for the Stars instrumental.

>they got rid of Sonic Heroes jingle

brb sobbing

Honestly, Sonic Heroes is kinda bland compared to Reach for the Stars. It's like lollipops to Skittles.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, I played the Frozen Factory Zone 1 of the 3DS version at Sonic Boom and it was pretty fun. I think the Lightning Wisp was already mentioned and maybe the snowboarding sections, but I'm a little surprised no one mentioned this: the speed shoes music has been replaced with Reach For The Stars. Interesting.

Them replacing the speed shoes theme was pretty old news...

No one's uploaded a recording of it at that time, though, that's why it's exciting now.

Wait, I've just noticed that the 3DS version has a countdown timer now. Joy.

Edited by Necro
  • Thumbs Up 1

Windy Hill Wii U speed run looks unbelievably boring.

3DS one looks a lot better though but still meh...Maybe other levels will be better.

Windy Hill Wii U speed run looks unbelievably boring.

3DS one looks a lot better though but still meh...Maybe other levels will be better.

I'd blame it more on the guy not doing anything but running, really. I'm sure you could go faster than that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JpmuVt7cS4

Awesome speedrun of Windy Hill 3DS. The spin dash works like in the Wii U (keeps going after a jump), slightly improved Sonic model, and the speed shoe theme is now the Super Sonic theme from Colors!

EDIT: It's actually a Reach for the Stars instrumental.

Excellent! Reach For the Stars is my favorite Sonic theme yet!biggrin.png

So, based on the HUD in the Wii U time attack mode video:

1. There's no time limit (of course, it'd be really redundant since this is the mode where you've gotta go fast). Guess that means you can use this mode to wander around levels for as long as you want, hilariously enough. tongue.png
  2. Nothing in the HUD for collecting animals, so I assume you can't rescue them when doing a speedrun? I wonder if no animals pop out of badniks in this mode or if they just don't count.
  3. No Red Rings, either.
  4. No lives count in this mode, now that I think about it, but it's probably for the best. On a related note, I assume if you die you go to the last checkpoint and the time goes back to what it was when you went through it, but we have no way of knowing just yet.
Edited by Sonic Omochao

I'd blame it more on the guy not doing anything but running, really. I'm sure you could go faster than that.

It's not about the running. He outright didn't explore the levels platforming parts...but it was a "speedrun" after all.

'Carry across your demo save to the full game'?

We can really do that with the WiiU version?

That totally means skipping out on the first level and first two cutscenes. Who'd want to do that?

Awesome stuff. Still can't stand Amy's current English voice, though.

Edited by Dark Tomoki
  • Thumbs Up 3

That totally means skipping out on the first level and first two cutscenes. Who'd want to do that?

Someone who played the demo to death and already watched those two cutscenes?

• Thumbs Up 2

I would atleast, after seeing the first level prob atleast a few dozen times through previews and demos, I'd want to get to the new stuff as soon as possible.

Considering you can save your time from your speedrun, as far as I'm seeing, it'd mean you won't have to redo it and you would hold a relatively high spot on the leaderboards(?) from the get-go of the game releasing. That's a pretty big thing with a competitive speedrunning series like Sonic.

It'd also just be two cutscenes you've already seen, so what's the point in seeing them again when you want to get on with the game?

...welp.

Cindy Robinson, you have disappointed me again.

I seriously had faith this time. I thought she was gonna be at least 06!Ortiz level; maybe even Douillard, but no. Is it just me, or does she actually sound like a mix of Minnie Mouse and a 60-year-old woman now!?

• Thumbs Up 8

Someone uploaded a video of the demo with english settings. So here's the cutscene of Knux and Amy with their english voices!

Also, I'm pretty sure that's a new trailer near the end there.

http://youtu.be/208k8nMRLtw

And it begins.

While I'm still a bit on the fence with Amy's voice, there is definitely much more character to be found in these two cut-scenes than I found present in Generations' entirety! With how Lost World is shaping up, just imagine the stories we could have gotten if the writers had truly gotten this much freedom pertaining to Colors and Generations!

Now if they can just find a way to keep Knux and Amy involved, active and get them pulled into the action and not glued to the cheer-leading box. Endless possibilities there are!

• Thumbs Up 3

...welp.

Cindy Robinson, you have disappointed me again.

I seriously had faith this time. I thought she was gonna be at least 06!Ortiz level; maybe even Douillard, but no. Is it just me, or does she actually sound like a mix of Minnie Mouse and a 60-year-old woman now!?

And this is one of the reasons why I prefer to play Sonic games with the Japanese voices enabled. Everyone else actually sounds okay, though. Too bad the 3DS version (which is what I'm getting since I'm too poor to buy a Wii U) probably won't have the option to change the voices.

Edited by Dark Tomoki

I love Travis (better than Dan Green IMO), but omg Cindy why haven't you improved yet? >< By now her voice should be so much better. The Minnie Mouse voice is ridiculous! Even Lisa Ortiz was better than her! T~T

Anyway, forgot to comment on the cutscene when it was first revealed. I think it's great! So much character, and so much KnuxAmy goodness there. XP Also, I thought the part where Knux is carried off by animals was really cute and it does not make him look stupid at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

There's nothing wrong with Cindy's acting. She's not bad, she's just different. Also, you expected Ortiz level? Lisa Ortiz is a terrible actress just like every 4kids actor thats not Mike Pollock. Cindy at least actually...you know....acts.

Although i still think they should have just cast Laura Bailley as Amy instead of Omochao. She would make a great Amy.