Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Springs, springs, springs, springs.. Windy Hill Act 1 doesn't look like fun to speed run at all.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 5

When you can essentially just run straight the whole level, I don't see why they bothered adding in most of those alternate paths. A lot of them are just really out of the way.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's the same idea as Green Hill (in particular Act 1). You can easily just go right and stay on the middle path the entire time, but the upper (and one lower path at the beginning) area has a bunch of extra Rings and stuff. If you just run through Windy Hill, you'll miss stuff like that. Plus there's more enemies and capsules on the other paths, thus more animals to rescue.

• Thumbs Up 1

When you can essentially just run straight the whole level, I don't see why they bothered adding in most of those alternate paths. A lot of them are just really out of the way.

You'll miss a lot of stuff if you just blast through the level like that...then again, it is a speedrun.

It says here that it's coming out in europe on the 17th instead of the 18th.

http://www.explosion.com/45610/sonic...n-screenshots/

Must be a typo.

Now that I think about it, considering their "communication issues" that persist even to this day, I wonder if SoA and SoE even know SEGA of Japan released a demo. tongue.png(It is up to the company whether a demo for third parties is released on the eShop, right? Not Nintendo themselves?)

Edited by Sonic Omochao

They need to release it now so I can test it out this is BS and unprofessional for a gaming company to only cater to one region. Not only that they cater to the region where sonic is less populated it just goes to show how much sega cares about its existing fans and trying to gain the Mario fans at Japan. This pisses me off because every game after Sonic Generations is probably going to make me feel they are only catering to the modern fans.

Oh well.

Wasted opportunity.

Now we've just got to watch these demo videos in jealousy or wonder of when we'll be getting it.

iizuka already said the next game wont play like lost world tho

or at least it wont have the parkour

Wait! Hold on, why would they ditch the parkour? I thought they were pushing that as Sonic's newest staple ability; something that was developed in response to complaints in the first place.

The way I remember that quote, he worded it in a way that, if the general response to the parkour was negative, they won't include it in the future, that's all. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been months. XP

But yeah, considering every preview of the game has at the very least liked the idea of it, and fans have been more than okay with it's inclusion, I think it's safe to say it'll return in future games.

The way I remember that quote, he worded it in a way that, if the general response to the parkour was negative, they won't include it in the future, that's all. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been months. XP

But yeah, considering every preview of the game has at the very least liked the idea of it, and fans have been more than okay with it's inclusion, I think it's safe to say it'll return in future games.

Oh. Yeah, that reminds me of the interview where Iizuka also stated that the Deadly Six might become recurring characters depending on their reception as well.

Oh. Yeah, that reminds me of the interview where Iizuka also stated that the Deadly Six might become recurring characters depending on their reception as well.

Hopefully no these characters are horrible.

Hopefully no these characters are horrible.

What's so bad about the Deadly Six? Sure they might not have a big backstory or has multiple personalities. But they look like great characters in their own right. And we all can agree that this franchise needs more villains. Maybe we can see some character development of these characters if they are going to come back fo future titles. Edited by SoniTH
  • Thumbs Up 8

As long as they aren't shoehorned into future games like the Wisps are in this one I would have no problem with that. It would be pretty awful if they just became recurring bosses or something