Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

What's so bad about the Deadly Six? Sure they might not have a big backstory or has multiple personalities. But they look like great characters in their own right. And we all can agree that this franchise needs more villains. Maybe we can see some character development of these characters if they are going to come back fo future titles.

They don't look like they belong in sonic at all. These characters look like horrible skylander fan characters I am serious. This is just a bad idea for them to return. I also don't like how the wisp are just there and its not explained why they are on the planet or anything. Just like it doesn't explain how knuckles and amy are on planet hex. Its just a bunch of chef shit.

Edited by Sonic 1

They don't look like they belong in sonic at all. These characters look like horrible skylander fan characters I am serious. This is just a bad idea for them to return. I also don't like how the wisp are just there and its not explained why they are on the planet or anything. Just like it doesn't explain how knuckles and amy are on planet hex. Its just a bunch of chef shit.

Oh, mario you're back we missed you...

Weird shit has pretty much always shown up in Sonic, from Perfect Chaos, Biolizard, Dark Gaia, Black Doom (although most think he is stupid), Mephiles (this guy also), and a lot more. They're all potentially something that "doesn't fit in Sonic", but some of them end up working rather well depending on how they are used. The Deadly Six IMO won't be any different in that regard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Weird shit has pretty much always shown up in Sonic, from Perfect Chaos, Biolizard, Dark Gaia, Black Doom (although most think he is stupid), Mephiles (this guy also), and a lot more. They're all potentially something that "doesn't fit in Sonic", but some of them end up working rather well depending on how they are used. The Deadly Six IMO won't be any different in that regard.

All those games don't even appeal to me because they don't contain the true essence of Sonic. Which is what the deadly six is displaying.

All those games don't even appeal to me because they don't contain the true essence of Sonic. Which is what the deadly six is displaying.

What's the true essence of Sonic anyways? As far as I can tell, Sonic has always been all over the place.

I think you forgot that this title is called "Lost World". You can't honestly expect every character to look like Sonic himself. This isn't the first time there was enemies that didn't look like they belong  in a Sonic game. Remember the Iblis enemies from 06, they sure don't look like Motobugs or Egg Pawns now do they? We barely know much about the story but it does seem like it's not going to tell us why the Wisps are in the Lost Hex but who knows maybe the Wisps migrated to Earth and decided to stay there for whatever reason. Amy and Knuckles are not in Lost Hex they're at Earth and yes, it does look like the location they're at does look it's from Lost Hex but they're not in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think you forgot that this title is called "Lost World". You can't honestly expect every character to look like Sonic himself. This isn't the first time there was enemies that didn't look like they belong  in a Sonic game. Remember the Iblis enemies from 06, they sure don't look like Motobugs or Egg Pawns now do they? We barely know much about the story but it does seem like it's not going to tell us why the Wisps are in the Lost Hex but who knows maybe the Wisps migrated to Earth and decided to stay there for whatever reason. Amy and Knuckles are not in Lost Hex they're at Earth and yes, it does look like the location they're at does look it's from Lost Hex but they're not in it. So what is sonic on then when your playing through the stages. You see lost hex a big roaming world to run around but your jumping on platforms in the air above lost hex. I rather go play down there than to run with this limited space bouncing off springs in the air going to the next area.

...but Sonic Adventure was effectively the classic games in 3D (though admittedly with less physics stuffery and voice acting).

They don't look like they belong in sonic at all. These characters look like horrible skylander fan characters I am serious. This is just a bad idea for them to return. I also don't like how the wisp are just there and its not explained why they are on the planet or anything. Just like it doesn't explain how knuckles and amy are on planet hex. Its just a bunch of chef shit

But the game hasn't even came out yet. So no one except for the people with leaked copies and reviewers know about the story. Also, the game is called "Lost World" so you can expect for stuff to be completely different with the direction they are going with.

But isn't the true essence of Sonic is that he goes fast. If that's the case then Adventure to Unleashed do contain the essence of Sonic. He's just a guy that goes fast and loves adventure, that is the essence of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

...but Sonic Adventure was effectively the classic games in 3D (though admittedly with less physics stuffery and voice acting).

We need to get back on topic but sonic adventure is the most overated sub series to sonic ever. Most people who like it praise the sonic and shadow levels. the mech levels are boring and clunky. The treasure  hunting stages are annoying glitchy and sometimes don't even spawn at some points. The chao garden is not optional because if I want to play green hill zone in 3d at sa2 I have to complete everything in order to get that stage. The sonic levels are glitchy when you explore in sa1 and also in sa2 sonic and shadow levels are linear limiting exploration. There is nothing classic about these games at all no matter what you think. The spindash in sa1 is the most classic thing but even that has its fair share of over the top crap.

So admittly the vast majority only praise like 30-40 percent of this game while the other half is just chores. That's if they like chao garden if they don't the percent is lower. Theres the truth behind the adventure games.

Edited by Sonic 1

Whatever he's on, I want some too! XD

But seriously, I do agree on you about the floating platforms. It kinda does limit on what you can do in the level but it makes up for much objects you can interact with with the Parkour, which is simply awesome and this is the first time Sonic Team did this so give them a break, man. 

If I had a dollar for every time an argument broke out in here I would be rich, but seriously guys the game comes out this month, in Europe less than 10 days, chill..

What belongs in Sonic and what doesn't belong in Sonic anyway? It just sounds more like "It's different, I don't like it so it doesn't belong nowhere in a Sonic game".

The way I remember that quote, he worded it in a way that, if the general response to the parkour was negative, they won't include it in the future, that's all. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's been months. XP

But yeah, considering every preview of the game has at the very least liked the idea of it, and fans have been more than okay with it's inclusion, I think it's safe to say it'll return in future games.

Yeah, it's safe to say that its gonna stick around. I mean, a major complaint that people had with the recent games was that people couldn't keep their flow, and run into walls. Since the parkour fixes this for the most part, that amounts for a lot of happy players.

We need to get back on topic but sonic adventure is the most overated sub series to sonic ever. Most people who like it praise the sonic and shadow levels. the mech levels are boring and clunky. The treasure  hunting stages are annoying glitchy and sometimes don't even spawn at some points. The chao garden is not optional because if I want to play green hill zone in 3d at sa2 I have to complete everything in order to get that stage. The sonic levels are glitchy when you explore in sa1 and also in sa2 sonic and shadow levels are linear limiting exploration. There is nothing classic about these games at all no matter what you think. The spindash in sa1 is the most classic thing but even that has its fair share of over the top crap.

So admittly the vast majority only praise like 30-40 percent of this game while the other half is just chores. That's if they like chao garden if they don't the percent is lower. Theres the truth behind the adventure games.

Well, the only thing that was 100% trash is Big. Everyone isn't objectively bad. You are seriously just making crap up. The emerald shards always spawn in game unless you do some hacking using cheat engine or modifying the code. Also, the you describe glitches makes the game seem worse than Sonic '06

Edited by Mr. 0

I forgot, wasn't there mention of an 8th zone making its way into Lost World somewhere?

God, if there was an 8th zone, then I would love for it to have a space trope just for the hell of it, I mean damn that would be awesome.

But somehow I doubt there's such a thing as an 8th zone.

I forgot, wasn't there mention of an 8th zone making its way into Lost World somewhere?

Ah! Now I remember, it was a confirmation in Spanish I heard!

Aaron showing off the mad skillz as usual.

That was some great gameplay and the polish is showing.