Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Now considering how the hype for this game seems to actually reaching the level of 06's hype, I can see why you're worried (I still can't believe how big a bullet I dodged!unsure.png

O.o......Umm....i don't think this game's hype is anywhere near 06's. And i sure as god don't think it well turn out like....that upon release.

• Thumbs Up 1

biggrin.png...............I'm so paranoid it hurts like hell. DX

In that case, steer clear of Gameinformer at all costs before you've obtained Lost World.

O.o......Umm....i don't think this game's hype is anywhere near 06's. And i sure as god don't think it well turn out like....that upon release.

Ehh, I was more referring to how big the excitement and how much positivity there's been preceding Lost World's release. Not too surprising considering that Lost World is Sonic's mainstream game debut for 8th gen home consoles.

As long as people aren't saying this thing is as bad as 06 or Black Knight, I honestly won't care what they say.

What if people say its as good as Sonic and the Black Knight?

That'd be one hell of a backhanded compliment.

• Thumbs Up 2

That could only be construed as a compliment if by 'good', they're referring to the characterization.

But then not many acknowledge how good it was in regards to that. So if it's said that LW is as good as BK in other areas, that's not something to be proud of.

I'd be worried about that, but there doesn't seem to be any stupid design choices or major bugs that make the game unworthy of the hype it's getting..

If we're referring to Story, Characterization, Music and overall presentation, then we're good. If everything else, then this game's fucked.

I'd be worried about that, but there doesn't seem to be any stupid design choices or major bugs that make the game unworthy of the hype it's getting..

Yep. Everything seems safe right now. If there was a hidden catch, I'm sure it would have been leaked by now.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've played Sonic & the Black Knight. It plays fine to me.

What's the problem with it?

Problem with Black Knight: It has "Motion Controls"...the way they work make the game-play amount to a "waggle fest" for most people and other people just don't like that it motion controls. Its pretty great.

Well.... just think about it. "If SLoW played like Sonic and the Black Knight..." and see how it goes from there.

Edited by Straw Hat

Well........mostly everything else besides the stuff Zavok mentioned, unfortunately. 

Edited by Narukami07

The one or two negative statements heard about it are worrisome due to not hearing any positive reviews from anyone yet.. then again, there may be some positive statements made by the Spanish leaking boat, but I dunno if they said anything explicitly about what they thought about it, quality-wise.

Another reason its worrisome is because we don't know how many people are going to like this that aren't Sonic fans. And either way it goes, if it ends up turning up mostly negative, it may ruin the chance for a lot of the good things we've seen from this game returning.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, it's physically rather tiring to play, with the lack of a real gesture. Just as the others said, it's more Waggle based, so it can be pretty tiring.

Combine this with the fact that enemies are rampant and can be in very uncomfortable places, and I'd imagine someone wouldn't really want to play the game much.

It's great that you don't find it taxing, but many people hate this game because of it...aside from the other noticeable reason.

Another reason its worrisome is because we don't know how many people are going to like this that aren't Sonic fans. And either way it goes, if it ends up turning up mostly negative, it may ruin the chance for a lot of the good things we've seen from this game returning.

Especially given the fact that the gameplay mechanics have been evolved with Lost World, compared to the boost trilogy where simply just running through enemies with the press of a button while drifting was enough for players to pick up. 

Especially given the fact that the gameplay mechanics have been evolved with Lost World, compared to the boost trilogy where simply just running through enemies with the press of a button while drifting was enough for players to pick up.

You see I'm kinda afraid that this game is gonna get blasted by critics who thought Sega was finally "getting it right" with the previous gameplay style, which is technically anything but correct (as much as I loved drifting). XD

Edited by Aspoopkara

It's getting kinda annoying how people starts freaking out anytime somebody say something remotely negative about the game.

Well, it's not remotely negative...it's purely negative. They're talking about it like it's a disaster, and that's what's worrying people.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see I'm kinda afraid that this game is gonna get blasted by critics who thought Sega was finally "getting it right" with the previous gameplay style, which is technically anything but correct (as much as I loved drifting). XD

Well, to be honest, Sega did have something good going on with the Generations formula, stale as it was becoming. Same thing with the Adventure gameplay style before it was replaced.

Nothing really to worry about in that respect. A lot of their concerns are fixed with the parkour mechanic and the camera, so they should be all set.

That's the gist of my concerns, really. See, I really like the whole parkour system that they got going for with this game. If this game winds up being considered a stinker, coupled with what Iizuka has already said on it, it might actually be scrapped altogether and that would make me a very sad panda. sad.png

Exactly. I don't know, it....just feels like if the new gameplay style were to be rejected upon reviews then it could prompt Sega to fall back on the boost trilogy's mechanics once again. Which btw i enjoyed back then, believe me. But having more control with Sonic coupled by platform oriented designs is what GOT ME excited about Lost World in the first place.

It would be such a shame if Sega were to throw away such potential out of fear of the Sonic franchise's reputation faltering again in the mainline series.

Edited by Narukami07

Its only a matter of time...

Although this game has a dedicated head-to-head multiplayer mode this time. Instead of just posting times, we may well just be taking it straight to each others throats in high stakes races to the death.

Buuuuuuut it's not online for Wii U, for 3ds yes, but for Wii U nope. unless i'm wrong and there is online on the Wii U version.

I wish I can host it but I'd be terrible at it.

Whose willing to do it?

Edited by jordine

May I remind you that this is just a random guy from NeoGAF we're talking about here? His reasons for not liking the game just seem to be opinions. He made no mention of glitches or broken gameplay.

I've talked to someone over at the N-Europe forums who got their hands on a review copy of the game. They said it's the best Sonic game since the classics, and that it's extremely fun to play. So really, I think this is just a matter of the guy at NeoGAF complaining for the sake of complaining, and his criticisms about the controls were immediately contradicted by the large amount of praise I've heard about the controls.

Edited by Wil348

4 days left for me! I'll be spending all weekend speed running. Also I just had a thought; Maybe NA is getting the demo this week to make up for the game's delay over there. That way they wouldn't be missing out too much :)

I don't think this will be badly received like Sonic 06 and even Sonic Unleashed was but still, expect 7's and 8's. It annoys me too because if critics can't accept change in Sonic's gameplay, we're going back to "boost to win" gameplay mechanics again.

Also, I don't listen to NeoGAF since imo, they seem really anti-Nintendo.