Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

It annoys me too because if critics can't accept change in Sonic's gameplay, we're going back to "boost to win" gameplay mechanics again.

Change is only a good thing when it improves gameplay, and whether or not it improves gameplay is completely subjective. Why is there such a negative reaction to anybody who doesn't like the direction this game takes the series in?

Honestly the change in Sonic's gameplay doesnt really matter, I mean all they did was take away Sonic's boost & replace it with the Spindash so it fits in withr Sonic's new gameplay skills. The parkour is pretty fun, being able to run up walls & access new areas is way funner (Yea I said funner) than boosting & smashing through shit, even though I loved the boost. 

AAANYWAY, we need to chill about the reviews for now, we only have 15 days till the game comes out(4 for Europe) & we'll get to enjoy the game & rate it for ourselves real soon.

I wouldn't really trust just one person on the GAF. I remember when someone on there said that you die if you went into the water in Windy Hill. Lol.

That comment on NEOGAF wasn't a reviewer it was more like a member expressing his opinion.
Exactly. And therefore we should treat it as such. Remember when Cobermani said that the 3DS version was really slippery and hard to control? Turned out that it was just him, since others claimed that the 3DS version feels natural.

Exactly. And therefore we should treat it as such. Remember when Cobermani said that the 3DS version was really slippery and hard to control? Turned out that it was just him, since others claimed that the 3DS version feels natural.

Another case would be that 4chan bullshit, he hated on the whole game & then said he was joking & only hated a couple things like the day later..

Fuck reviews .-.

Hopefully Sonic Team aren't so boneheaded about this.

I think Lost Worlds has its heart in the right places, but the execution looks far from perfect. From the Spanish gameplay I've seen so far, Sonic looks horribly jittery to control, and the level design in places doesn't look particularly exceptional so far. Some parts do look challenging though, and that's refreshing.

The parkour idea is a good one though. Sonic should be able to run along walls, but perhaps it shouldn't be automatic (while pressing the run button), because then you could go up a wall you didn't want to because you made contact with that surfaces hitbox. I certainly don't like the idea of Sonic being able to run at a wall and then suddenly and automatically run straight up it.

Eh, we'll see.

I was actually wondering a couple days ago, what if Sega combined the Boost formula with the Parkour formula & combined Boost environments with Parkour/Lost World Environments? 

So like they fix the boost to give a perfect sense of speed & then at the same time they gave us the right environment so that instead of smashing through everything, we could stop here & there, explore & parkour around?

• Thumbs Up 3

It seems the E shop is getting a live update on the 17th of October for Sonic Lost World does this mean people in europe can get the digital download of the game a day early before the retail version?http://www.explosion.com/45800/european-eshop-october-17th-detailed-sonic-lost-world/
Inb4 US eShop has to wait two weeks for the demo. I swear, if that happens, I'll bite someone's ear off.

And so the battle begins before the lines are even drawn.

I love this fanbase.

*sits back in recliner and raises martini glass*

• Thumbs Up 1

Still deciding whether to preorder or not.

Pokemon X and Y have only been released a few days and some store have already knocked prices down a few pennies. Yeah. Sure. Pennies. But in the world of university, all the money matters.

Why do I keep forgetting the American release date has been delayed? Sorry, you guys.

((Suggestion; I think this topic should be titled something along the lines of "Sonic Lost World General Thread", since the game's been announced months ago, and we're talking about general news and details of the game.))

• Thumbs Up 2

You can get it from Grainger Games for £30. I'd definitely pre order from there smile.png

Well, there's also Amazon and Argos which have it cheap.

I suppose I'll have to see near the end of the week, and if not, the weekend.

Still, looking forward to eventually playing it.

I see Lost Worlds getting similar scores overall to Colours and Generations (both average 78% on Metacritic).  However, even if this doesn't do as well critically as it should Sega should at least take the time to properly diagnose what was actually good about the game so that they can expand upon those ideas in the next game.  I predict universal praise of the parkour mechanics for example, or at the very least universal praise for the concept of the parkour mechanics in a Sonic game.

So you can get the deadly six edition of lost world on the eshop.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/55288/eshop-games-of-the-week-sonic-lost-world-urban-champion-and-more/

You can receive download codes for the additional level available in the Deadly Six Edition and five Black Bomb colour powers if you purchase Sonic Lost World from Nintendo eShop on your Wii U between 00:01 (UK time) on 18 October and 23:59 (UK time) on 27 October.

That's cool for you Europeans.