Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I think that Lost World could be putting us on for something bigger next year. Maybe Lost World is what Colours was to Generations.

Also the credits were very short in the livestream, meaning that some of Sonic Team had no involvement in this. Maybe the 3rd Nintendo exclusive will improve on this gameplay?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a little update about how the wisps work in this game... Drill and Lazer works with both motion control and traditional control, while the Eagle, Rhythm and Asteroid requires motion control in order to operate those powers.

What about hover.

Just a little update about how the wisps work in this game... Drill and Lazer works with both motion control and traditional control, while the Eagle, Rhythm and Asteroid requires motion control in order to operate those powers.

So basically, the returning ones from Colours still retain their old control schemes whilst the new ones require motion control.

At least that's something, I guess.

Nintendo interview with David Corless about Sonic Lost World. NiGHTS appears in the DLC biggrin.png
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/October/Learn-more-about-Sonic-Lost-World-with-our-exclusive-interview-819921.html

Weekly Download News: No sign of a demo.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/October/Weekly-download-news-820027.html

Download versions of packaged software
  • Sonic Lost World (Wii U, Nintendo 3DS)

Maybe they didn't mention the demos because they're along side the games?

NoE: What about a first-person shooter?

DC: What, Call of Sonic? The Deadly Edition? (laughs) No

(laughs) No

(laughs) No

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, I've played a good chunk of the game. I'm now entering Frozen Factory, and here are my impressions so far.

Pros:

• CGI is back, so yes!
  • The game looks gorgeous. There are some jaggies here and there but that is to be expected, this isn't a PC game.
  • The levels are very diverse and each introduce some new gimmicks. They actually have some substance and tons of open space to explore in the 3D levels.
  • The controls for Sonic are excellent (in my opinion. Control is a very complex subject as it can differ from person to person). The control scheme is also very good.
  • The Parkour, although it takes a while to get used to, is awesome once you are used to it.
  • The Spindash is a beast but most levels don't really encourage you to use it. Well, when you have the skill you can utterly demolish stages with it.
  • The story is great. The Deadly Six are also pretty good characters. All the characters have some great dialogue.
  • The soundtrack has some amazing tunes, but once again this can differ from person to person.
  • With the exception of Zazz, the Deadly Six showdowns are actually pretty good. I still haven't fought Zeena, Zor and Zavok but I'll assume that the challenge will get higher with them.
  • There are actually hidden levels in each zone, so hooray.
  • The grinding in this game is amazeballs. It's just flippin' great! Best part about this game IMO.
  • The improved combat system really gives depth when fighting enemies. It's actually tactical...never thought I'd say that about the combat system in a Sonic game before.
  • You unlock the last stage of each zone with the animals, but it's nowhere near as stupid as in Sonic Unleashed so that's good.

The Cons:

• The 2D stages are fun, but are definitely the weaker parts of the game. I'd say that 3D > Auto-run > 2D.
  • The game seems like it's going to be insanely short. I've played it for about 3 hours now and I'm already in Frozen Factory.
  • The Wisps, they really are broken. The Laser is just LOL, you can change direction fine with the touch screen but it will not launch when you flick it no matter how hard you try (you can launch it by pressing A, so hooray). The Drill works fine in 2D with the touch screen but it's just a mess in 3D, I just can't figure out how it works. The Asteroid feels like it has some high input lag when you use the gyro. I can't figure out how to make the Eagle ascend and descend, I keep on raising and lowering the GamePad but it only moves left and right for some reason. The only one which works intuitively so far is the Rocket.
  • The mini games seem useless because you can collect so many animals in the normal stages to begin with.
  • There's only one save file.
  • The game doesn't explain how you unlock secret stages. I assume you unlock it by collecting Red Rings but I have no idea to be honest.
  • The game is pretty slow sometimes. I personally don't mind too much but some of you might.
  • The Deadly Six showdowns are too easy. They are good, but they don't last long. Then again you fight them at the end of a level, they are not individual bosses like in previous games so I can't really call this a con.
  • Knuckles is just there...he hardly has any lines so far.
Edited by KrazyBean

Will this game be a 7 or an 8.10 in your opinion, KrazyBean?

I'd say an 8 so far. It's a really great game, but there are some glaring flaws that are preventing it from being an amazing game. Maybe things will get better from Frozen Factory onwards. Maybe the wisps controls are actually fine and I'm the one doing it wrong. I'll need some more time with the game.

UPDATE: The Laser Wisp works perfectly fine. It wasn't working before because, it was my fault. How it works is that you aim by swiping your finger left or right and THEN you touch and hold Sonic before you swipe the screen. I was just randomly swiping the screen, that's why it wasn't working. Now lets see if I can figure out the Drill in 3D and the Eagle.

Edited by KrazyBean

Wow, Amy is concerned about the animals....She actually talked to Sonic without becoming a brainless fangirl.....

This is all that I wanted from this game. I am satisfied now.

Another update. The Eagle works fine also...you can't fly up with it, you just have to dash continuously to go far. This game is an 8.5 for me now. The wisps weren't working for me due to human error, not because they're broken.

Now time to test the Drill in 3D.

I don't know I it was already confirmed... But on the back if the box it says it's comparable with the Pro controller, is this new news??

I don't know I it was already confirmed... But on the back if the box it says it's comparable with the Pro controller, is this new news??

2 Player Exclusive

2 Player Exclusive

Ahh i forgot about that, probably because I won't be playing 2 player

Back from visiting my Mom and bro. *Looks at updated eShop on 3DS and Wii U* NO DEMO?! WHAT IS YOUR LOGIC, SEGA AND NINTENDO?!

Just started playing SLW for the first time. The first cutscene looks glorious.

Now for Windy Hill Act 1.

Edited by -Bender-

I don't see much reason to release a demo in territories that are gearing up to go out and buy this in relative droves anyway, especially not when a demo comes with potential drawbacks at impacting sales due to middling first impressions, sales that are already probably going to be impacted by the poor sales performance of the console it's on. As much as has been shown and outright leaked, and how much this game has been hyped, I don't know why you would need a demo to solidify your purchasing decision, especially when we're approaching release very rapidly.

As much as has been shown and outright leaked, and how much this game has been hyped, I don't know why you would need a demo to solidify your purchasing decision, especially when we're approaching release very rapidly.

Well as for me, I'd like a demo to atleast get the feel of the game for myself considering how many conflicting impressions of the game there are for SLW, like the controls, per say.

Also, I can see the anciousness escalating for US fans considering how not only is pretty much every place but the US has ranged from experiencing the game early via demo to actually purchasing it early one way or another while the US can't even get an explaination for the 1 week delay on top of not getting a demo to atleast accommodate for that.

Edited by StriCNYN3

Why is it Nintendo's fault that SEGA didn't release a demo?

Nintendo is publishing here in Europe, so I expect it's their decision, too.

Pro-tip for those with the Wii U version!

Pressing the R button activates Wisp powers. I can see this coming in very useful, as it saves you having to reach down to the touch screen to tap the Wisp icon there instead.

• Thumbs Up 2

^Is that for all or just the one's the can use traditional controls? tongue.png

It's just for activating them, not for actually using them.

In fairness, I only tested it out using the Rocket Wisp (I thought "one of these damn buttons must work for this!"), but I'm sure it'd work for them all. And then you'd have to resort to the control stick or GamePad accordingly, depending on what Wisp you're using.

AWESOME! One of my local GAME's is opening an hour early at 8am tomorrow for Skylanders, so hopefully I can get Sonic Lost World early.

https://twitter.com/GAMEMerryHillLL/status/390826372941496320

So what if I'll stand out like a sore thumb among the little Skylanders fans and their parents... GIVE ME MY HEDGEHOG IN A LOST WORLD!

• Thumbs Up 1