Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Hoo****ingray. 

No demo release and US has to wait another week. That's just great.

Enjoy the game, at least for the people with EU Wii Us.

I agree, US people are so left out for this game :(

i made it to frozen factory before accidentally starting a new game ;_;

Shouldn't be too bad if you like the game, right?

right?

right?

RIGHT?!

I hate Tropical Coast Zone 4 so much uuggghhh

The only thing stopping me from tearing my hear out is the music

Yeah that first part isn't very fun at all when I was controlling the rocket wisp before but afterwards it kind of is.

God the gamefaqs board of this game never fails to emphasize how brain-dead the cynics are around there. Throwing the Sonic Cycle crap all over again.

God the gamefaqs board of this game never fails to emphasize how brain-dead the cynics are around there. Throwing the Sonic Cycle crap all over again.

I'd stay away from that place if I were you. It can give you cancer.

*goes to gamefaqs slw board out of curiosity*

The story!

The story!

I haven't even got to the end of it yet, but I want to find out how it ends. Not going to spoil anything, for those who haven't reached as far as the end of Sky Road, but whoa this is good. Obviously it's the 3DS version so some scenes might be cut out, but what I've seen so far is great.

As for the bosses on the 3DS version, they provide some challenge, but little niggles in the controls again stop them from being perfect.

The game itself is enjoyable though. Very enjoyable. At least there are no puzzles as bad as the 'ball puzzle' of 06. The puzzles in the 3DS version work perfect, even if it is a bit of a slog to try and find all of the enemies to destroy to progress.

The community is so terrible there......makes me glad i moved my interests in discussing about this game politely here.

I haven't went there in years, but I imagine that they're having a field day with these review scores.

The community is so terrible there......makes me glad i moved my interests in discussing about this game politely here.

Doesn't help that quite a few of the cynics decided to also move to SEGA Forums.

I'm thinking of taking a break from the SEGA Forums. Mr Franklin, and the members that came from GameFAQs are really pissing me off.

I've completed the Wii U version and I'll complete the 3DS version today hopefully.

Not to call anyone out, but it's been known that the SEGA forums are full of trolls. Same with GameFAQs. If you're getting annoyed, I would just avoid it.

I'm thinking of taking a break from the SEGA Forums. Mr Franklin, and the members that came from GameFAQs are really pissing me off.

Oohmph....yeah him and Shadiwulf are like a single entity in that forum. I stopped gong there for a while too.

holy shit the support rc vehicles play badly

is there anyway to play them on the gamepad or is it just that they're onyl level 1 and i need to upgrade them with the 3ds version or w/e

Speaking of places to talk to fans. Mii Verse Sonic section is quite an interesting community to talk and see short reviews for games ect. Pretty much I go on here and there for anything Sonic related these days.

One thing I do think is that the parkour system would benefit a lot more if it were in a more organic and less purposefully blocky environment. I look at gameplay footage and it seems that Sonic Team went out of their way to make just about every surface in the game unnaturally flat and jagged in order to emphasize the freedom and importance of the parkour mechanic. A "Hey, you can do this everywhere!" sort of thing.

I think this becomes overall lesser of an issue considering how most of the bigger levels get structured. The general build of a lot of each world's initial levels accommodates all design through a tube structure where parkouring has you jump and run between walls, as well as vaulting over specific paths in order to reach ramps and paths that can lead to entirely different paths or bonuses. The satisfaction, at least from where I'm sitting, comes mostly from taking what was usually set pieces in the previous three games and turning them into common game play mechanics in a more subdued and controlled environment. While there isn't really any "organic" surfaces, the wavy and cylindrical surface ends up accommodating some really good moments with enough movement and aerodynamic sensibilities that the surface shapes doesn't end up feeling like an issue once you actually get a hold of it. And usually, that surface still ends up being true to typical Sonic design because of the way curves and formations are exemplified.

The blocky envioronments are a big deal for me.  I don't care about exploring with my parkour abilities because what am I going to get for it.  A view of some more blocks, amazing.

I have never appreciated the breathtaking organically designed visuals of the last three games more than I have now.

Alternate paths are meant to be for environments exclusively? Shit. Time to sell 3D Land. It's just blocks.

In all seriousness if you're going to simplify Lost World's aesthetic direction to such a degree I can say the same thing about alternate paths in the other games essentially accounting to more corridors.

• Thumbs Up 4

can I just say I really hate the wing capsule. I've accidentally jumped into those things like ten times and had to restart the level because I don't want to skip a massive portion of it. Surely there was a better way they could have done that

I do kinda see where Chooch are Jezz are coming from in that, while Lost World's tubular(ugh) design does accommodate for the parkour system, it would probably benefit from a much more organic environment. 

okay wtf i cant beat zavok at all

i know you have to lock onto him more than once or else he won't go over, but whenever i do it he just knocks me back and i take damage. am i just waiting too long to attack and he regains his balance?

okay wtf i cant beat zavok at all

i know you have to lock onto him more than once or else he won't go over, but whenever i do it he just knocks me back and i take damage. am i just waiting too long to attack and he regains his balance?

Kick him to get his guard down. Then homing attack.

Once he's vulnerable on the edge you have to wait until the homing attack reticle charges up (goes white) and then homing attack him.

Kick him to get his guard down. Then homing attack.

Once he's vulnerable on the edge you have to wait until the homing attack reticle charges up (goes white) and then homing attack him.

He's about to topple over but when I homing attack him I'm just knocked back. I already knew to let the reticule lock on multiple times but it doesn't do anything

edit: okay so apparently I really didn't charge it up enough

Edited by Blitz 'n Burst

Haha, Yacker does the Colours loading screen dance if you wait on the map screen long enough! Nice touch.