Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I wouldn't object to a MarioXSonic Kart made by Nintendo in partnership with SEGA using their characters and tracks based around the Sonic world.

Urrrggghhh... Do waaaaaaant.

meanwhile I'll hope for the story crossover that is canon that won't ever happen.

Back to Lost World though. About the 3DS version, I've not heard much about the later levels.

How are they really?

Didn't we just get a Sonic racing game though? Seems a bit too soon. Anyway, I'm hoping for a direct sequel to Lost World that does address some valid complaints like the level design and better implemented tutorial while also expanding on the story and hopefully making up for Lost World's abrupt ending.

meanwhile I'll hope for the story crossover that is canon that won't ever happen.

Back to Lost World though. About the 3DS version, I've not heard much about the later levels.

How are they really?

The puzzley levels get a lot more puzzley, the parkour levels get a lot more parkoury, and the 2D levels... uhh, also get a lot more parkoury.

I can see a lot of people hating the puzzley levels with a seething passion, but if you enjoy them from the outset you'll prolly find the later ones inoffensive at the worst.  The only really tricky ones are Frozen Factory and Sky Road, the former due to a tedious mechanic where you're hounded by an interfering enemy who must be frequently stunned (sometimes in specific places) with three different attacks in a row (it can't hurt or kill you but it does screw up what you're doing if you don't get to it before it gets to your hard work), and the latter because of some bad camera work.

The only majorly negative thing to say about late game 3DS is that Lava Mountain has no levels, it's just a boss rush spread over 3 acts, with only very minor changes to the bosses themselves.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know what i wouldn't object to? Another Sega made F-Zero, if that means adding in Sonic characters to make the theme work then by god i'll take it.

The puzzley levels get a lot more puzzley, the parkour levels get a lot more parkoury, and the 2D levels... uhh, also get a lot more parkoury.

I can see a lot of people hating the puzzley levels with a seething passion, but if you enjoy them from the outset you'll prolly find the later ones inoffensive at the worst.  The only really tricky ones are Frozen Factory and Sky Road, the former due to a tedious mechanic where you're hounded by an interfering enemy who must be frequently stunned (sometimes in specific places) with three different attacks in a row (it can't hurt or kill you but it does screw up what you're doing if you don't get to it before it gets to your hard work), and the latter because of some bad camera work.

The only majorly negative thing to say about late game 3DS is that Lava Mountain has no levels, it's just a boss rush spread over 3 acts, with only very minor changes to the bosses themselves.

Nothing too bad then, would you say it's worth the asking price?

You know what i wouldn't object to? Another Sega made F-Zero, if that means adding in Sonic characters to make the theme work then by god i'll take it.

Nothing too bad then, would you say it's worth the asking price?

Absolutely, but I give all my praise for the game a disclaimer that my praise for it is utterly subjective, I can acknowledge plenty of stuff that will be polarising in the 3DS version.

But, me, personally, I find it ten times more fun than the Wii U one, even though when I do put the Wii U one on I do briefly admit to myself how much I miss the gorgeous HD graphics and draw distance.  I would still recommend people play the Wii U one too as the 3DS one is missing a few cut-scenes.

I just don't want to keep people from getting TOO excited based on my opinions.  I've been yammering on and on about how great it is, but remember that because I enjoy it, I am still playing it on a regular basis and discovering new content.  There are a few SSMBer's who despised it, and the only reason you're not hearing from them much is because they played it through, finished, posted their thoughts, and those thoughts have now been lost to the tide of people asking me questions about it and receiving my positive opinions about it back because I'm still playing it daily.

Though I will say this - if you loved the boost trilogy, you will probably prefer the 3DS one.  Sonic handles like he did in the boost trilogy, and it's generally a faster game than the Wii U one, excluding the puzzle levels, which have a more Werehoggy-pace to them.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Didn't we just get a Sonic racing game though? Seems a bit too soon. 

ASRT was in 2012, its prequel was in 2010. If one got announced within the next few months, it'd still have a 2014 release at the earliest. 

Just clearing that up.

Absolutely, but I give all my praise for the game a disclaimer that my praise for it is utterly subjective, I can acknowledge plenty of stuff that will be polarising in the 3DS version.

But, me, personally, I find it ten times more fun than the Wii U one, even though when I do put the Wii U one on I do briefly admit to myself how much I miss the gorgeous HD graphics and draw distance.  I would still recommend people play the Wii U one too as the 3DS one is missing a few cut-scenes.

I just don't want to keep people from getting TOO excited based on my opinions.  I've been yammering on and on about how great it is, but remember that because I enjoy it, I am still playing it on a regular basis and discovering new content.  There are a few SSMBer's who despised it, and the only reason you're not hearing from them much is because they played it through, finished, posted their thoughts, and those thoughts have now been lost to the tide of people asking me questions about it and receiving my positive opinions about it back because I'm still playing it daily.

Though I will say this - if you loved the boost trilogy, you will probably prefer the 3DS one.  Sonic handles like he did in the boost trilogy, and it's generally a faster game than the Wii U one, excluding the puzzle levels, which have a more Werehoggy-pace to them.

The only option to me currently is the 3DS version but honestly that's all i really needed to hear, i'll pick it up when i can and deliver my thoughts as i go, it sounds interesting enough from that description alone to warrant checking out.

Although i am excersing caution at the mention of Werehog pacing.

Although i am excersing caution at the mention of Werehog pacing.

Much like the Werehog, stages that take 20 minutes to beat the first time are easily speedrunnable in 5 if you learn the stage and use parkour trickery to bypass puzzles and enemies.

For example, on one stage, there are floating platforms all stacked up above one another, with four switches in a group below, each one moves a platform into a step formation when held down.  You have to roll up a snowball to be big enough to have all four switches pushed at once, then climb up.  The process takes around 30-40 seconds.

Or if you're clever... you can parkour up onto the non-moved platforms and get inbetween them, then parkour up a different wall there to skip the entire sequence in about 5-10 seconds.  There are opportunities like this all over the puzzle levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

I concur with that assessment.

The 3DS version can be a pain at times, but is indeed fun. Puzzle levels can get a bit wearisome, but if you know shortcuts, you can easily bypass some of the stuff you need to do.

The triple lock is also a big help too.

3DS hard mode isn't hard.

It just means less rings, but more lives.

If you know what you're doing, it's easy enough to just herd lives from it.

Yeah the more I play the less changes I see.  I'm wondering if I just imagined physical level changes early on when I was giving my first impressions of it.

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested - the new issue of ONM (#101) which I believe goes on general sale today (I got it a few days ago as I'm a subscriber) contains a Sonic Lost World poster as a free gift:

iqyhog.png

The issue itself also contains their reviews of the Wii U and 3DS versions.

Super Sonic ART!

sonici0.jpg

Now that is just sublime to look at. :)

Edited by Indighost Rush

Nice! When was the last time we had an official Super Sonic render?

Would've been cooler if his aura was more... lightning-y, but I'll take it.

Edited by TheSpookyMiester

Yeah from Dragon Coins, next time I'm get in high resolution...

3kkCC1y.jpg

oRkyvvO.jpg

Awwww, I really like these two renders. The Knuckles one reminds me of his Rivals art.

300px-KnucklesRivals.jpg

The Amy one is just plain awesome-- I like the finger wag shtick and that smile. This is definitely showing her cheerful side a lot more than the game is to me-- and the finger wag makes it look like she's trying to follow Sonic's scheme of things. So cute~

Also, is there any high-res versions of these yet?

Edited by Yandere Amy

The Knuckles render is old, the Amy render looks like an old one with new legs. Seems familiar, at the very least.

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested - the new issue of ONM (#101) which I believe goes on general sale today (I got it a few days ago as I'm a subscriber) contains a Sonic Lost World poster as a free gift:

iqyhog.png

The issue itself also contains their reviews of the Wii U and 3DS versions.

So wait, Sonic's violet here, or it's just your camera?

Edited by crystallize

Where are these renders coming from? They sure as hell aren't in the game (unless I've yet to unlock some kind of gallery, which would be nice and should've been included)

I'm a subscriber too, and had guessed at a Lost World poster being in the mag.

The poster is on the only part of this uni room I can actually hang posters. Oh well, it's a good one.

SuperSonic_Unleashed.png

I prefer the Lost World render of Super Sonic.

The ones before in Generations and Unleashed made Sonic look extremely angry. The one pictured in Lost World reminds me of a Classic take on Super Sonic. He seems so much more yellow and less gold. He also looks more determined than viciously angry.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 1