Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Minor nitpick on that exchange: Classic-style Badniks do appear in Adventure, and in fact make up the entirety of Eggman's forces, sans E-Series.

And Sonic Jump/Dash?

PS: Sorry for the long time...

Edited by rudolfhedgehog

In the 3DS version, so long as you can get all seven chaos emeralds before finishing the main game, it can be worth it for the extra benefits that Super brings to the fight.

In the WiiU version, you'll have a long grind ahead of you to get him, as it requires all red star rings for unlock. Red star rings in the 3DS version unlocks extra stages, so having super is better.

So I beat the game yesterday, and here are my final-ish thoughts, complied from some Twitter posts.

So I guess I should give my thoughts on Sonic Lost World.

Pros: gameplay is easy to get used to, some of the levels are pretty fun, good OST, cool-looking levels, funny cutscenes, good VA work

Cons: second half is really needlessly frustrating,

drama when Tails gets kidnapped instead of Sonic seems a bit forced,

Lava Mountain 1 is just a boss rush, Nights stage is also a boss rush, final boss is annoying, finale is underwhelming

I think that's all I can think of. Anyway, SLW is good, but not as good as it could be.

But if you've been wanting a harder Sonic game, the latter half of the game will drive you to madness with its soul-crushing difficulty

Whether any few that difficulty is fair or not, I'll leave that up to you to decide. Just know that these levels want your blood.
Hyperrealistic or otherwise.

No

Hm?

I would say he is. He's a good bit of fun, even if he isn't really faster nor can he jump higher. But he's invincible, magnetic (though a glitch stops that working sometimes) and his boost doesn't need charging like the spindash. Definitely enjoyable.

Is Super Sonic worth unlocking?

Yes. He's a HELL of a lot better in this game than in Generations (normal Generations, not modded Generations) I'll say that much.

Whoever though 2 ring depletion per second was a good Idea maybe because you got super sonic without any effort since it's there after you clear gens story which is like an hour and a half.

I'm still slightly annoyed that Super Sonic gets killed by the instant death traps in Lava Mountain Act 2.

He does?! Wow...fail!

• Thumbs Up 2

Super Sonic drowns and can get crushed. How is this any different?

Super Sonic managed to destroy Eggman's entire fleet in Sonic Unleashed...a couple of bombs shouldn't kill him.

• Thumbs Up 2

Super Sonic managed to destroy Eggman's entire fleet in Sonic Unleashed...a couple of bombs shouldn't kill him.

Cutscene power to the max man.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thaaat one cutscene also shows him flying. How come he doesn't fly in gameplay too? :v 

Thaaat one cutscene also shows him flying. How come he doesn't fly in gameplay too? :v 

Generations did it. And it was awesome. In theory.

Then someone in Sonic Team figured the thing you get for beating the game (and thus can't even help you complete said game in any way) should be nerfed, and made the Ring loss faster. In a game that had noticeably less Rings to collect compared to Unleashed and Colours. Brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 4

Generations did it. And it was awesome. In theory.

Then someone in Sonic Team figured the thing you get for beating the game (and thus can't even help you complete said game in any way) should be nerfed, and made the Ring loss faster. In a game that had noticeably less Rings to collect compared to Unleashed and Colours. Brilliant.

oh man. I unlocked Super Sonic with a room full of people in college. I pressed X. "OMG IS THIS ***** FLYING??!" Most hyped...5 seconds ever.

God why does Sonic Team make so many dumb decisions like this?

So if the VGChartz figure is anywhere close to accurate, then the game sold somewhere in the ballpark of 45-50k across both platforms, which is...better, I guess.

Also the European chart from them has SLW Wii U rank so low that's it's probably below 5k, saying as the last figure visible without a pro account is leaps ahead at a whopping 6.5k.

Yeah, if any of this is close, it's sad 

So if the VGChartz figure is anywhere close to accurate, then the game sold somewhere in the ballpark of 45-50k across both platforms, which is...better, I guess.

Also the European chart from them has SLW Wii U rank so low that's it's probably below 5k, saying as the last figure visible without a pro account is leaps ahead at a whopping 6.5k.

Yeah, if any of this is close, it's sad

I am definitely glad that VGChartz is unreliable. This game sounds like it sold bad, but I don't think it's quite THAT bad... when we consider Transformed sold 1 million copies, it really looks very sad, as it shows Sonic can still land lots of sales in the modern era (rather than suffering from a perpetual decline from Genesis-era sales).

As Transformed was multiplatform, however, that has me pondering how that could influence their marketing decisions. While it saves money to go with only one or two platforms instead of all of them, does it save enough to make up for the huge cut in customers?

Edited by Ogilvie

Super Sonic drowns and can get crushed. How is this any different?

Well, the argument that there shouldn't be any Insta-kills at all (aside from crushers) in a Sonic game still applies.....

• Thumbs Up 4

Jeez, does the boosting sound effect (more specifically, the very beginning of the boost SFX looped over and over again) play the entire time in the 3DS version's mach speed areas?? That's really annoying.

Also I find it funny how the best way to farm lives in both versions is in a level with that exact music. tongue.png

RE: insta-death obstacles. I didn't really see the point in them, hope it isn't a recurring thing. I do kind of like that they brought back death by being crushed, though.

Edited by ElementofChaos

This game sounds like it sold bad, but I don't think it's quite THAT bad...

You guys are right. It didn't sell that bad... it sold considerably worse.

30,000 units accross both the 3DS and Wii U version. This is for N/A so you have the EU versions to add on top of that. Though considering the estimations on the EU, we're not looking at 40k+ at all.

http://nintendoeverything.com/october-2013-npd-sonic-lost-world-sells-under-30000-copies-on-wii-u3ds-in-first-week/

Information is correct to November 2nd.