Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

I'm unable to pick up the Wii U version at my nearest GameStop tomorrow due to classes and work sadly. Picking it up on Wednesday afternoon after work instead. I have the game paid in full via preorder.

Quick question: Is the game going to be available on the E-Shop for the 3DS at midnight tonight?

Edited by S Chrono

Hmmmm, tempted to check Wal*Mart again.. I'll check out another local store on the way to the in-laws tonight

I know their website isn't the most trustworthy up to date place, but according to it none of the walmarts in washington have this game on the 3ds.

Same story at the other Wal*Mart, tags are up but no boxes. Not going bother checking after midnight cus they always let me down with midnight releases.

I snagged the 3DS version! I'll upload my thoughts later...

Right now though, it's dinner time~ I don't want to play the game on an empty stomach!

Where'd ya find it? :D

Anyone still saying that this game is too slow?

Because I really don't think it's THAT slow.

Admittedley I can only talk about the 3DS version, but since both share the same controls, and I've seen playthroughs, the speed can't be that slow for the levels it's used in.

Fair enough, compare the speed side by side of this game and Generations and you will see that Gens is far by far, but isn't the speed really tailored for the level types that appear in the game?

Well, finally picked up Lost World from GameStop, but sadly it'll be awhile until I get home to play either versions. I did find it a bit interesting when I told the GameStop lady that I'm here to pick-up my Lost World order, she only asked if I was here to just get the Wii U version.

Hope everyone else who is picking up any versions of Lost World today enjoy the game!

After watching a cutscene compilation of this game, I have to say - I wouldn't mind this style returning. It's like the classic games if they'd had cutscenes. It's a shame that Knuckles was only in three cutscenes and only said two things.

Maybe the next game will give Knuckles a better role. And follow on from Lost World's story.

Let me just say, I havn't played yet but I am really liking the look of the game, both gameplay and the cutscenes, the parkour elements look fun and fitting of a Sonic game and Sonic's character.

Sonic undoubtedly has his wit back, he's a sassy little so-and-so and genuinely funny.

It's also breath of fresh air to see Eggman refuse to take any bullshit from villains that may upstage him.

Starting to warm up to snarkster Tails, especially as him and Sonic snark together or towards each other now.

(below, spoilered for large image) Sonic's face, Sonic's goddamned face, that expression is perfect, as is Roger's delivery, he honestly does really well as Sonic in this game, leaving my only VA-related issue in this game with Amy.

hisface_zps946de353.png

Edited by Amomynous

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?501979-What-should-be-kept-tweaked-removed-from-Lost-World

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?502379-Your-pros-and-cons-of-Sonic-Lost-World

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?502439-So-what-do-YOU-think-of-the-3DS-version

I'm not 1 to endorse the SEGA forums cesspool, but shouldn't we also C/P whatever feedback we have here to these feedback threads? as much as they are filled with youtube morons, they are still the official SEGA forums and if we want our feedback to count for anything I think these threads will be watched.

Minor nitpick on that exchange: Classic-style Badniks do appear in Adventure, and in fact make up the entirety of Eggman's forces, sans E-Series.

And Sonic Jump/Dash?

PS: Sorry for the long time...

Edited by rudolfhedgehog

In the 3DS version, so long as you can get all seven chaos emeralds before finishing the main game, it can be worth it for the extra benefits that Super brings to the fight.

In the WiiU version, you'll have a long grind ahead of you to get him, as it requires all red star rings for unlock. Red star rings in the 3DS version unlocks extra stages, so having super is better.

So I beat the game yesterday, and here are my final-ish thoughts, complied from some Twitter posts.

So I guess I should give my thoughts on Sonic Lost World.

Pros: gameplay is easy to get used to, some of the levels are pretty fun, good OST, cool-looking levels, funny cutscenes, good VA work

Cons: second half is really needlessly frustrating,

drama when Tails gets kidnapped instead of Sonic seems a bit forced,

Lava Mountain 1 is just a boss rush, Nights stage is also a boss rush, final boss is annoying, finale is underwhelming

I think that's all I can think of. Anyway, SLW is good, but not as good as it could be.

But if you've been wanting a harder Sonic game, the latter half of the game will drive you to madness with its soul-crushing difficulty

Whether any few that difficulty is fair or not, I'll leave that up to you to decide. Just know that these levels want your blood.
Hyperrealistic or otherwise.

No

Hm?

I would say he is. He's a good bit of fun, even if he isn't really faster nor can he jump higher. But he's invincible, magnetic (though a glitch stops that working sometimes) and his boost doesn't need charging like the spindash. Definitely enjoyable.