Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

It's based on 3 days less than a week of sales.

Sonic Racing sold considerably well. I expect Lost World to get long term sales + a boost during the holiday. A lot of people are waiting to spend their money on Black Friday and Christmas. There's also the poor Wii U sales that will be definitely getting a boost in the future.

A lot of people are thinking Sonic is doomed, but it's way too early to call. I would at least wait for a month or two of data before projecting anything.

Oh, and digital downloads.

"But Generations sold 150k and Colors sold a bunch!"

Well one is the most hyped up Sonic title ever on an install base of 150m+ and the other was a really good exclusive that sold on one of the best selling platforms of all time. Both the Wii U and 3DS versions of Lost World have been smashed by critics so this may have reduced sales.

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2

Wonder why a Wii U game isn't selling so amazing so near to the holiday period with an upcoming 3D Mario title coming and Black Friday

gee I wonder

• Thumbs Up 8

Wii U game sells poorly! In other news, Mario saves Princess Peach!

Yeah, poor sales aren't really a shocker. I am surprised to see the 3DS version doing relatively poorly, but the Wii U version should surprise nobody. It was a different and kind of controversial game from the start, so being on failing a failing system on top of that just meant it was a recipe for poor sales. We're also looking at sales figures over a measly 5 days. It doesn't give much of an indication about things.

thats 4 days of sales, and black friday and christams are just around the corner, expect that to go up MAJORLY

The fact that Lost World got poor/mixed reviews probably didn't help it. Still I think people care way too much about stuff like this. 

Sonic has been an evergreen franchise. I doubt sales a year from now will look as bad. 

I agree that we shouldn't worry too much about sales until after Christmas, but I wonder if sales of the 3DS version did after all suffer due to the proximity of the game's release to Pokemon X and Y - which was likely the reason the game was delayed in North America.

Gotta be honest, though - if I was slightly less of a Sonic fan than I am, I don't think I'd have bought it either.

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: lol, didn't see this has already been discussed at length in the music thread

According to the soundtrack, certain tracks have different names to their corresponding levels. Kind wish they used these in-game.

Windy Hill/Silent Forest 3 = Careening Cavern

Desert Ruins 2 = Honeycomb Highway

Dessert Ruins 3 = Sugar Lane

Tropical Coast 2/4 = Juice Archipelago

Tropical Coast 3/Lave Mountain 2 = Sea Bottom Segue

Frozen Factory 2 = Snowball Waltz

Frozen Factory 3 (main stage) = Double Down

Frozen Factory 3 (pinball tables) = Tile the Machine

Silent Forest 2 = Midnight Owl

Silent Forest 2 (searchlight) Owl Lights

Sky Road 2 = Dragon Dance

Sky Road 4 = Thundercloud Acropolis

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 5

I don't particularly like it when Mario levels just have numbers rather than names, so...  It's true that Sonic has a long tradition of using just an overarching zone/"world" name which you visit subsections of, but once it gets to three or more subsections, all visited as separate locations on a world map or level list or what have you (it'd be a bit different if you encountered them in direct sequence), individual level names in addition would have satisfied me.  Just use them as subtitles.  "[bold, large font]Windy Hill 2: [smaller font]Careening Cavern."  You can pretend they're a description rather than a name if you like.

• 2 weeks later...

Just took a Deadly Six Personality Quiz…apparently I'm Master Zik.

Wait the Deadly Six aside from Zor have personalities? That's news to mehuh.png

Believe it or not, having one note personalities does not mean a complete lack of any whatsoever

• Thumbs Up 4

Believe it or not, having one note personalities does not mean a complete lack of any whatsoever

Zor has a one note personality. The others are just living stereotypes with the most lazy writing ever. In my opinion anyway.

One dimensional personalities means they have a personality, so your claim that they don't doesn't really make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty meh in my opinion. Was hoping for something more interesting or a bit more depth when I saw it on Facebook.

Nothing world breaking of course, by you gotta fall in love with some of that Badnik concept art.

post-112-0-64645600-1386360231_thumb.jpg

post-112-0-94333000-1386360239_thumb.jpg

Mama Caterkiller's got an interesting train thing going for her in the beta phase, and that Buzbomber's got some serious swagger.

The cuter looking badniks have really grown on me. I really did like the mechanical sheen on the Generations model, but these little guys are simply too charming to ignore.... except the chomper of course. That thing can go die in a fire.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to admit, I do like the way the Zetis' designs are executed as variations on a theme.  I find them really believeable as members of a single race.  The giant Caterkiller looks like it had an interesting cannon appendage in the concept art; that wasn't in the actual thing, was it?  Not in the 3DS version, I'm sure.

I always like concept art; it's a shame there's not more here.

11193952515_430fc1faa1.jpg

The main motif was an ogre, and each one was designed by following the keyword which we had for each of them. We think that you can see their characteristic just by looking at them.

The main motif was an ogre, and each one was designed by following the keyword which we had for each of them.

The main motif was an ogre

You don't think....?

shrek+silhouette.jpg

NAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! No way!

• Thumbs Up 3