Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

You don't think....?

shrek+silhouette.jpg

NAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! No way!

I'm ogrewhelmed by that revelation. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Ogre is probably what they translated Oni to, since clearly American kids don't know what Japanese demons are.

ps that was sarcasm

The giant Caterkiller looks like it had an interesting cannon appendage in the concept art; that wasn't in the actual thing, was it?  Not in the 3DS version, I'm sure.

I think that looks more like a button (to stomp/bounce on) more than a cannon. It was probably a weakspot that they decided to scrap in the design phase.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy crap! I did not expect anything to be patched with the lives, yet alone the Wisps! Nice going, SEGA!

Wow, WOW.

That patch single handedly fixed TWO major issues with SLW in one fell swoop. That being the Wisps and the lives.

Awesome, radical, to bad this wasnt a thing from the beginning.

Wow, WOW.

That patch single handedly fixed TWO major issues with SLW in one fell swoop. That being the Wisps and the lives.

Awesome, radical, to bad this wasnt a thing from the beginning.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It doesn't fix the issue of deaths being cheap or the Wisps feeling forced and unnecessary.
  • Thumbs Up 2

I never imagined Sonic Team would ever be so... so modern as to actually patch stuff like this in response to feedback!  Fucking, awesome.

• Thumbs Up 9

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It doesn't fix the issue of deaths being cheap or the Wisps feeling forced and unnecessary.

Tbh this will actually do a lot for me having the will to replay Tropical Coast 2/4 with their massive rocket usage.

Shame they didn't do anything regarding Rhythm.

Tbh this will actually do a lot for me having the will to replay Tropical Coast 2/4 with their massive rocket usage.

Shame they didn't do anything regarding Rhythm.

They couldn't do anything with Rhythm short of removing it.

Shame they didn't remove Rhythm.

Also the SEGA Blog post about this has suddenly disappeared, and I've not been able to download the patch yet. Too soon?

They couldn't do anything with Rhythm short of removing it.

Shame they didn't remove Rhythm.

The irony is that they COULD do that and nothing would be lost. Like literraly fuck all.

The irony is that they COULD do that and nothing would be lost. Like literraly fuck all.

Fortunately it only appears in two levels. One where it's completely avoidable, and another when you think it's mandatory, but other routes and/or spindashing across gaps works fine.

Thank You SEGA, seriously I liked the game a great deal and this just made it all the nicer, all those rings that were rewarded for exploration now have a purpose, and the new wisp controls are a very nice upgrade!

Hang on though. What does it mean that the DLC can be replayed after getting 100,000 points? Is that now a requirement rather than going back to it at will?

Very nice early Christmas gift overall!

Fortunately it only appears in two levels. One where it's completely avoidable, and another when you think it's mandatory, but other routes and/or spindashing across gaps works fine.

No, you can Parkour up the walls and I think there's a spring.

No, you can Parkour up the walls and I think there's a spring.

That's what I said. SF2 makes you think it's necessary, but there are other ways of going about it.

Love this update! I already enjoyed the game, so this just makes it better!

Although they could have made the Rhythm wisp just some sort of QTE or buttom prompt thing or something. Eh, it's not mandatory like you guys have pointed out, so I'm okay with that I guess.

Hang on though. What does it mean that the DLC can be replayed after getting 100,000 points? Is that now a requirement rather than going back to it at will?

I think it was always a requirement - the stage disappears like the circuses after playing it.  Now they've simply added a message that spells this out to the player.

It'll proably be released on thursday like all updates

Ah. Yeah, the Blog says "will be available". I wish they could be more specific.