Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Pretty sure Wii U games download updates automatically.  You'll be notified when you launch the game.

They do, but IIRC you can prompt the system to check for patches and whatnot via download management on the Home menu.

Whaaat. Well thanks SEGA! Dayum, if only they were this competent when Sonic 06 came out. >>

So improved Wisp controls and 100 rings = a life is a blessing from above for this game. So glad they implemented these as it makes the game much more fun to play. If only it was there from the start!

Glad to see 100 rings = 1 life and the wisps can controlled with analog stick! This should help improve many people experiences by a bit.

And blah, wasn't here in the beginning, but at least SEGA did eventually do something right (that probably shocked many). :V

Way to listen to the fans Sega, now next time don't be dumbasses and actually keep that feature in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I expected the lives but wisps too, geez I never knew thy would do that, good job sega.

tumblr_inline_mqt943Atv11qz4rgp.gif

Okay, color me positively shocked in awe and joy! Sonic Team's actually putting update mechanisms to use and calculating in feedback! I'm impressed.

The endless possibilities  of what else they could possibly do, now seem all the more liable as this shows they're willing to put effort rather than just ditch it and hope for the best with the next game.

Come to think of it, the notion of Lost World being an experiment makes all the more sense, especially considering that it is on systems with notable update systems. Possible expansion of the game and story anyone?

Where Was This When the Game First Launched?

It was to be sent to the "Sonic Team Ran Out of Time" Vortex of Banishment but got saved such a cruel fate by the update system.tongue.png

All joking aside, thank the heavens for competent thinking on their part.

Glad to see 100 rings = 1 life and the wisps can controlled with analog stick!

Thank fuck, right? Any more escapades with titling the gamepad everywhere was gonna make me stop playing as much.

This patch actually has made the game more fun to me. No kidding!

I actually feel madly relieved that I can do whatever I want and not care so much if I die, since I can just use my lives however I want to without fearing game over'ing all the way back to the beginning. Makes me feel much more comfortable with the game than I did before.

Game's still got flaws (lots of em), but I feel somewhat better about them now. The gesture that Sega went out of their way to fix these things, by the way, is great. :J

• Thumbs Up 2

It's great that you can now earn an extra life when you collect 100 rings. We should now be able to do a complete playthrough and collect all red star rings without getting a game over. Makes the game a lot more fun.

Hopefully Sonic Team have learned from this and will allow you gain an extra life by collecting a 100 rings in all future 3d games.

It's great that you can now earn an extra life when you collect 100 rings. We should now be able to do a complete playthrough and collect all red star rings without getting a game over. Makes the game a lot more fun.

Hopefully Sonic Team have learned from this and will allow you gain an extra life by collecting a 100 rings in all future 3d games.

Honestly now, 100 rings = extra life is not a necessity in every Sonic game. Take Unleashed for example. You can easily be in excess of 100 rings well before reaching even the first checkpoint in many stages. And should get hit, you don't even lose all your rings. Extra lives are also littered around the stages. It wasn't necessary there, and only resulted in trivialising the system by handing out free lives for practically nothing. Lost World is wholly different case wherein it does become vital to balancing the difficulty of the levels, and to actually provide you with an incentive to collect rings.

I'm all for developers taking the time to add any kind of balance to life systems in game. Lost World just got it very wrong.

Well, what with me getting a WiiU and Lost World WiiU for Christmas, I'm glad of this.

The one thing I was fearing was control of the Wisps being bad. It would be a habit from the 3DS version that I'll most likely still be using them.

They could have just removed the lives system in the first place with all the extra lives being handed out.tongue.png

But this is still a nice update and it's cool that SEGA and Sonic Team listened to the game's feedback.

Looking at some of those designs, I really wish they had kept some of that in the game as opposed to making them a bit more basic.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now if only the level design was open like that. Would've been cool to parkour and dash up those rocky structures, just like the CD opening. Add a lot more obstacles of course.

Also, dat Classic Gens Sonic.

Looks extremely good, like a fiery prison. 

11194106773_e707076a48_o.jpg

Edit

"It may be hard to recognize, but we thought it’s funny if water was coming out from the eyes and nose of Moai in the background, so we did that." 

Actually the last time I played Silent Forest Zone 4, I actually did notice the water coming out. It looked quite nice in my opinion.

11193997834_52c43fbd29_o.jpg

thumb_sonic-lost-world-soluce-sonic-lost

silent-forest-18.jpg

I.....dont really think levels like Silent Forest really lost much when transitiong to the game itself. Im not a real big color buff though so I suppose im just not seeing it.

• Thumbs Up 3