Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Anything that could have helped nip the Mario comparisons in the bud would have been a good thing in my book.

It is interesting to see why they changed the levels so much... I guess they wanted to simplify them for whatever reason? To keep a high framerate maybe?

At the same time, the pessimist in me makes me wonder if they did it so they could lower artistic expectations for Sonic games and thus save money down the road on graphics.

Aside from Silent Forest 1 which didn't seem to lose much, I admit, I kinda wish the final thing had looked more like all this concept art. I do really like how Lost World looks as it is, but there's so many neat little details in the concept art. Windy Hill Zone 3 in particular looks amazing to me.

Lava Mountain looks basically the same, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I.....dont really think levels like Silent Forest really lost much when transitiong to the game itself. Im not a real big color buff though so I suppose im just not seeing it.

What happened to all of the blue glowing effects created by the shaded trees? The falling light particles? The distinctly orange outlines of the leaves and the distinct red colors of the ground? The overall thickness of the jungle by itself (by that I mean the lack of green gaps of "space" outside the trees)? The way everything starts to...fade from a distance? (Although this could be more of a drawing distance thing done by the artist so he doesn't have to cram everything in that small space.)

At least that's the differences I'm seeing when comparing the two pictures. Not giant changes as you said, but I still think the final version looks more...toned down in comparison.

Hmmmmm

11194010176_b060f931c7.jpg

Sonic+CD+-+Opening.flv_snapshot_00.01_%2

It's not the same, but golly how it reminded me of it.

We all know that it would take Lost World Sonic 10 times as long to appear on-screen. :P

• Thumbs Up 6

Not to link the website who shall not be named, but I can't really find a report on it elsewhere - Lost World sales are up considerably after Black Friday.

Lost World’s 3DS version saw the biggest boost, no doubt due to a wider audience with the console.  Globally, VGChartz estimates that more than 31,000 units of Lost World 3DS were sold the week ending November 30th, an increase of more than two-thirds week-to-week and an all-time high in weekly sales for this edition.  The lion’s share of that increase came in North America, with VGChartz estimating a sales increase of more than 166 percent for the week, to more than 18,000 estimated sold.  In Europe, sales actually declined more than seven percent.  In the UK specifically, the decline was more than 17 percent, according to VGChartz.

The Wii U version, which has suffered, got a much needed boost of nearly double the previous week’s global total to nearly 14,000 sold, according to VGChartz.  It’s the highest weekly total for Lost World on Wii U since the US launch at the end of October.  In the US, sales jumped more than 150 percent, but were still in the four figure range; VGChartz estimates just under 9,000 units were sold there.  In Europe, sales increased 27 percent to just over 3,000 units estimated sold, and in the UK specifically, the increase was more than 42 percent.

We stress these estimates are unofficial, but the bottom line is this: There is still life left in Sonic Lost World. VGChartz estimates global sales of both versions have combined to sell some 230,000 units, so half a million isn’t out of the realm of possibility by the end of the year.  We will continue to keep you informed all the way through the end of Holiday shopping.  Sega Sammy will release official numbers toward the end of January.

So er yeah. Good news.

Wonder why a Wii U game isn't selling so amazing so near to the holiday period with an upcoming 3D Mario title coming and Black Friday

gee I wonder

What happened to all of the blue glowing effects created by the shaded trees? The falling light particles? The distinctly orange outlines of the leaves and the distinct red colors of the ground? The overall thickness of the jungle by itself (by that I mean the lack of green gaps of "space" outside the trees)? The way everything starts to...fade from a distance? (Although this could be more of a drawing distance thing done by the artist so he doesn't have to cram everything in that small space.)

At least that's the differences I'm seeing when comparing the two pictures. Not giant changes as you said, but I still think the final version looks more...toned down in comparison.

You're going to get the same thing in the concept art for practically anything, I'd think.

You're going to get the same thing in the concept art for practically anything, I'd think.

Fair point.

Hoshino San just posted this.

1484180_593257530742344_819486250_n.jpg

caption was this. Sonic Lost World Launch! - At the dining bar darts Bee Kawasaki shop.

I think google should have put 'Lunch' instead of Launch on that one.

• Thumbs Up 8

Hoshino San just posted this.

1484180_593257530742344_819486250_n.jpg

caption was this. Sonic Lost World Launch! - At the dining bar darts Bee Kawasaki shop.

I think google should have put 'Lunch' instead of Launch on that one.

I want one.

Obviously it's the Sonic and Mario crossover we've all been wanting.

Released as DLC for free.

Can't say fairer than that.

I'm going to assume the second one is Mario-themed.

It'd be crazy not to be.

...Assuming it is, can we expect a Sonic-themed DLC for 3D World?

Well, Iwata really was a tease with that second DLC reveal.

Just looked on the Sonic Stadium main page to see the news of the first DLC and the second. The way in which it was revealed is genius. Makes you really wonder why the promo image of Lost World was shown for about a minute when he was talking about it.

Still, week left until Christmas and then I'll be stuck into the WiiU version of Lost World. In fact, I'll probably be half way through it by now.

Well, Iwata really was a tease with that second DLC reveal.

Just looked on the Sonic Stadium main page to see the news of the first DLC and the second. The way in which it was revealed is genius. Makes you really wonder why the promo image of Lost World was shown for about a minute when he was talking about it.

Still, week left until Christmas and then I'll be stuck into the WiiU version of Lost World. In fact, I'll probably be half way through it by now.

"You should LINK your WiiU to the E-shop." I wondered why the splash was there, then I heard that and instantly saw the giveaway.