Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I just had a thought.

What if the entire point of SLW is to please the Nintendo fans?

Well considering IGN's reaction to the Yoshi DLC, that certainly appears to be an intent goal.

• Thumbs Up 2

I haven't played Lost World but, have heard it is not that great from a friend who owns the game on his Wii U. Do you guys think the game would have been better  if it was released on the Xbox One/PS4 instead of the Wii U ?

Would have got this game if it came out on PC or Xbox 360. Sadly I fear Sega will sell Sonic to Nintendo. I don't want it to happen but, I would not be surprised if it happened. I am not really into Nintendo consoles anymore to be honest. Every now and then will play on my Dsi mainly play Mario Kart, Sonic Rush, Sonic Chronicles, Rush Adventure and the Mega Collection. But, I wouldn't like it if Sonic, became a Nintendo exclusive.

Lost World would still have had the same reception had it been on the PS4/XB1. There wouldn't have been any criticisms of bad gyroscope controls, since there wouldn't have been any to incorporate on the consoles, but apart from that, it would still have been the same.

I really doubt SEGA would sell Sonic to Nintendo, as it's one of the IP's that get them money [though that seems to be failing them on the game side recently], and remember that it's one of the IP's they chose to continue working on after the big restructure. I agree they need to start releasing more Sonic on PC, as the modders prove that great talent lies in wait [and I so would like a City Escape on the Lost World engine].

As for the Nintendo exclusivity, my opinion is that it was part exclusive anyway, so it wouldn't be all that surprising to me to see it go full exclusive [as much as I wouldn't want that].

I haven't played Lost World but, have heard it is not that great from a friend who owns the game on his Wii U. Do you guys think the game would have been better  if it was released on the Xbox One/PS4 instead of the Wii U ?

Not if it was virtually the same as it is now.

Would have got this game if it came out on PC or Xbox 360. Sadly I fear Sega will sell Sonic to Nintendo. I don't want it to happen but, I would not be surprised if it happened. I am not really into Nintendo consoles anymore to be honest. Every now and then will play on my Dsi mainly play Mario Kart, Sonic Rush, Sonic Chronicles, Rush Adventure and the Mega Collection. But, I wouldn't like it if Sonic, became a Nintendo exclusive.

I'm sure Sonic will be on the PS4/Xbox One eventually. There's nothing wrong with Sonic being on Nintendo consoles, but I can't see him becoming Nintendo Exclusive period.

I have to say, upon getting Lost World on WiiU as well as the WiiU today, I found the game quite enjoyable. Certainly, after spending so long on the 3DS version it took me a while to get used to the different control layout [though admittedly not by much], but I soon got the hang of it, and have already started replaying stages even though I haven't completed the story yet.

Most of the time was spent playing via the Gamepad though, because I really wanted to see how it would handle. And in terms of story, I've almost finished Silent Forest, and that's in four and a half hours with replay time of levels as well.

I've spent about 30 minutes with the 3DS version, if that...and I've already come off it due to boredom. I mean, I don't think it's absolutely terrible by any means, it just never sucks me in, and I think the level design choice (a bit of which also applies for the Wii U version) plays a big part in that. I've been skipping the cutscenes since I know how it all goes, the compression on the 3DS is dire and I'd rather not watch them again since the scenes don't really entertain me. 

One very controversial opinion though; I think the Special Stages are pretty well done. The control scheme is very intuitive, the control is responsive and it's pretty easy to pick up even on your first go. I will say that it really isn't a Special Stage that works if you're actually out and about and using it as an on-the-go portable though. :V

So what do the RC omachaos do other than collecting rings? I only ended up using the first RC vehicle you get to unlock and it's not fun. Seems like too much work collecting so many animals just for vehicles.

Need any help hitting three enemies with the Black Bomb?

Go to Desert Ruins Zone 3. Those trio of wheeled enemies you see are immune to getting squished by the Black Bomb, so keep the bomb centred on the middle one and bam. That's mission complete.

I tried that out today. And it worked.

That would've been useful to know earlier. XP

I ended up managing it in Silent Forest Zone 1 with those bouncy mushroom jerks and a four-star Bomb.

There's more bomb missions than just defeat three enemies at once. The best place to complete them is undoubtedly Tropical Coast 1. You can gets huge numbers of Egg Pawns to generate out of the hatches that pop out of the ground, chase you and then kill them all in a blazing inferno.

There's more bomb missions than just defeat three enemies at once. The best place to complete them is undoubtedly Tropical Coast 1. You can gets huge numbers of Egg Pawns to generate out of the hatches that pop out of the ground, chase you and then kill them all in a blazing inferno.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the blog post on Sonic Channel that announced the Yoshi DLC, it looks like the Zelda DLC planned will be the last of the DLC stages made.

Deadly Six Edition has been replaced by the standard edition in Europe. Amazon UK says it came out January 7th. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Lost-World-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B00HQEOC8O/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&qid=1389829048&sr=8-47&keywords=wii+u

Amazon UK has run out of the Deadly Six Edition themselves, but still have it available via other sellers for higher prices, as expected.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Lost-World-Edition-Nintendo/dp/B00CMJ19M0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_vg_h__2

It's the same case on Amazon France. 

Standard:

http://www.amazon.fr/Nintendo-Sonic-Lost-World/dp/B00FVI9TS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389830410&sr=8-2&keywords=sonic+lost+world

Deadly Six Edition via other sellers at higher prices:

http://www.amazon.fr/Sonic-Lost-World-édition-effroyables/dp/B00EV1BIBO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1389830410&sr=8-3&keywords=sonic+lost+world

GAME UK appears to have run out of the Deadly Six Edition online and has replaced it with the standard game already.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/sonic-lost-world-228542?pageSize=20&searchTerm=sonic%20lost%20world

So it at least sold decently?

Btw, why do TSSZ hate this game with such a passion to the point where they try to slander it every time it gets into the news? They don't like the game, I get it, I heard it the first five times. Btw don't say because it's TSSZ....okay, maybe say that too, but you have to give me another reason as well.

My thoughts on the game in a nutshell; it was alright. Nothing awful, but nothing spectacular. Hoping for more from the next game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Finally got around to uploading these pics I took last week. GAME now has eShop cards for both the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game. 

wpp3640.jpg

mIxU5NO.jpg

So it at least sold decently?

Btw, why do TSSZ hate this game with such a passion to the point where they try to slander it every time it gets into the news? They don't like the game, I get it, I heard it the first five times. Btw don't say because it's TSSZ....okay, maybe say that too, but you have to give me another reason as well.

My thoughts on the game in a nutshell; it was alright. Nothing awful, but nothing spectacular. Hoping for more from the next game.

Worse is that Sigma guy, EVERY SINGLE POST about it doing poorly is another jab at how Sega should abandon the "sinking ship" and says "let this be a lesson", god that's irritating, he's usually the first person to comment as well. We get it, you hate Wii U, stop shoving it down our throats. Opinion is one thing, but god he just won't stop.

And thanks for the pics Shadz! biggrin.png

Worse is that Sigma guy, EVERY SINGLE POST about it doing poorly is another jab at how Sega should abandon the "sinking ship" and says "let this be a lesson", god that's irritating, he's usually the first person to comment as well. We get it, you hate Wii U, stop shoving it down our throats. Opinion is one thing, but god he just won't stop.

And thanks for the pics Shadz! :D

Reason why...

...TSSZ

• 2 months later...

FUCK YEAH It has 3d in it! That pissed me off about the Yoshi DLC (that it was all 2d). 

• Thumbs Up 2

zdlc03011395789310jpg-e31e29_610w.jpg

6420-n-n-n-nope.gif

That's it.

I'm done.

I quit.

Bye, SSMB, I'll see you in the afterlife.

amazing-gifs-pt4-dark-hole-cliff-jump.gi

whats the problem? seems awesome to me! cant wait to  play it

Learning the cuccos from the smash pic on Monday made the ending of the trailer funny.

If I didn't know about the cuccos, I'd be like "and to finish it off the trailer! We got chickens!

Well too bad I can't play it...

zdlc03011395789310jpg-e31e29_610w.jpg

Seriously though I'm getting Lost World JUST for this, now

^ I second that. Seriously though, Sonic looks ridiculous with that Link outfit. This is such a weird fusion, but I like it. Now Sonic Lost World is back on my list of what games to get once I buy a Wii U. Thanks, SEGA.