Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

HOLY FAWKING SHIT WHY COULDN'T THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME'S LEVEL DESIGN LOOK LIKE THIS!??!?!?!

(At least the outside hyrule field). 

Agreed!

Looking at it again, the open area looks quite small. The main part is the tubular design

And its make me wonder why lost world was such a simple design. It still look good but this design would of been way better.

Looking at it again, the open area looks quite small. The main part is the tubular design

Note that that was accessible via bombing a rock blocking a path. There may or may not be more than one point B.

I doubt there's another area to it; we can see pretty much the entirety of the Hyrule field area, and I can't see any other suspicious places where the path might branch.

2wh1hxz.jpg

Sonic is trending higher than North Korea's nuclear missile launch.

What a time to be alive.

Looks like this DLC is a true BOMBshell hrffrgrtyhhgj

• Thumbs Up 1

So, it is more or less a massive hub world with checkpoints, enemies, etc.?

It's a small open area and then an inside-tube area. Nothing "massive".
  • Thumbs Up 2

I doubt there's another area to it; we can see pretty much the entirety of the Hyrule field area, and I can't see any other suspicious places where the path might branch.

IGN said they didn't show everything, so it's possible there is more, even if you can't see it.

As if I wasn't already jelly that I didn't have a Wii U.

The level design seems to be brimming with secrets. Not even those tube - like sections from Windy Hill's Careening Caverns seem to be limited! In addition to the fantastic looking fields and dungeon, spectacular remixes and ridiculous amounts of references?!

Sonic's "Link" outfit is also pretty sweet. I'm gonna have to draw that some time.

*goes into corner*

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A SEGA AND NINTENDO CROSSOVER LIKE THIS?!

I do hope that when you beat the DLC, you get the option to wear Link's clothes.

It's small but still cool if they did that.

• Thumbs Up 5

I do hope that when you beat the DLC, you get the option to wear Link's clothes.

It's small but still cool if they did that.

We don't even have the option to re-watch cutscenes yet, I think keeping your hopes up for an alternate costume is a bit of a lost cause :P

Still, it would be cool though! I'd sure like to run around in that green tunic in other levels. Kinda makes me wish the NiGHTS DLC was based on Bellbridge so we could have Sonic in his Link outfit flying around the clocktower and pretending he's Peter Pan.

• Thumbs Up 8

I wish there was a larger pic of this!

Sega press vault has updated, though no new content yet.

Odds are there will be that pic + unwatermarked images in there this time tomorrow. 

Sigh... if only we knew someone who had access to it... ... ... 

• Thumbs Up 1

This map looks so fun to run in until I remember how Sonic controlled in SLW. :\

Still really looking forward to playing it though. 

As interesting as this looks, I'm honestly kind of bummed that this is the only two Nintendo IP-based stages this game is going to get as far as I know.

I mean, Yoshi and Zelda are cool property's to feature in a Sonic game, but am I the only one who would have loved to see Sonic blast through the huge nature area's of Pikmin and face off against the gigantic beasts that block the road, or one based Mario in where he would dash around the area's from Sunshine and clear away the goo and slide down waterfalls and whatnot? (There is the Mario & Sonic subseries already for Sonic in the Mario universe, but it would have been nice to see a Mario property featured exclusively in a Sonic game. )

I don't know, I'm honestly a bit disappointed by this whole outcome, as impressive as it may look.

Wait, I just realized:

Capture18-550x307.png

640648-rob.jpg

*sigh*

So how long before Ken Penders tries to sue?

• Thumbs Up 8

Wait, I just realized:

Capture18-550x307.png

640648-rob.jpg

*sigh*

So how long before Ken Penders tries to sue?

Penders against the combined might of SEGA and Nintendo's lawyers?

He won't last a single Raditz.

This DLC looks pretty awesome! Not gonna lie.

But something about mixing elements from Twilight Princess (the Castle's appearance), Skyward Sword (Skyward Sword Link riding on his bird), and Ocarina of Time (the Cuccoos and Stalchildren) in one Zone just rubs me the wrong way. This zone also borrows some elements from another Zone, like the Gorons replacing the boulders in a very familiar cave-like place.