Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Well, that was okay. If you watched the trailer, you've essentially played the level and seen all there is to see.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the level (except how ungodly bad the SLW controls are for the Hyrule Field part and the lack of manual camera cotrol) and it's certainly the best of the three DLC Zones without question, but it doesn't offer much at all. It's incredibly short and shallow, basically. The Hyrule Field part sort of shows how better to do Sonic levels regarding space for movement in all directions and the ability to explore, but like I say it's very, very short and wholly minimal. If SEGA made a full sized level that was like the Hyrule Field area, then it'd still really suck. There's not enough too it.

This level grinds me in the sense it shows that Sonic Team were perfectly capable of going back to adventure roots and open levels and possibly have camera control back but they did'nt. They did'nt play it safe by going back to the boost formula. (which I'm actually grateful for..but for my point) They went completely in all sorts of random tangent and slapped it off as a gold disc..*sigh*  I like Sonic Lost World but I'm tired of saying this game has potential with regards to them..I wanna say their game unleashed its potential and then some..in the future y'know..

I know a lot of us have some hopes in this regard to Sonic Boom but I've more or less agree with Dio about Boom...we'll have to see at E3 but not expecting the Sonic-style gameplay but just maybe a fun game..

I have to say tho' I'm glad this DLC is completely 3D and how it throws in Zelda mechanics into Sonic gameplay as fun 'speriment.

Well I played it...wow. It would sound a bit generic Sonic fan or "haterish" to say this, but I wish the other levels in the game looked this good.

From the press vault.

9ddLKAg.jpg

There's also a 150MB photoshop version of that on there but... yeah I'm not downloading that.

I thought the Hyrule field part was really good. In fact, I would really like to see that kind of exploration in future Sonic games. Maybe a few open areas in the vein of Hyrule Field tied together by straightforward sections. You have the best of both worlds there.

Overall, I really like the stage, but Sonic's controls were just plain awkward. The jump is horrible, And I actually thought of something; the tube stages may use visual tricks to make you think that you are going faster. Reason I'm speculating this is because he seems slower in the Zelda stage than in the tube ones. He even seems faster in the tube section of the Zelda one.

• Thumbs Up 2

Played it. It was pretty fun, for something that was free. Having open space is something that compliments this game's controls a lot better than some of the other levels, although having some kind of direction would be nice. In any case, it was definitely better than the Yoshi level, and I enjoyed the references as huge Zelda fan.

Speaking of which, there's one set of blocks you can wall-run on to get Rupees. The symbol on them is kinda strange. It looks like a double-sided wrench in between two diamonds.

ZJmPMop.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is meant to be the Gerudo symbol, which actually looks like this.

X3ESG6L.png

It's on a bunch of blocks and switches, and even the Mirror Shield in Ocarina of Time. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to represent the faces of the Gerudo people. The top part is the jewel on their heads, the middle part is their large eyes, and the bottom is their prominent noses.

Gerudo_Guard_%28Majora%27s_Mask%29.png

I guess whoever did the art for this wasn't seeing it. :V

When I get a 3DS, I'm going to get this game because of the Zelda and Yoshi DLC. Plus I don't think it is as bad as the critics make out it is.

When I get a 3DS, I'm going to get this game because of the Zelda and Yoshi DLC. Plus I don't think it is as bad as the critics make out it is.

The DLC is exclusive to the Wii U version.

And the 3DS version is pretty horrible, in all honesty.

• Thumbs Up 4

Avoid the 3DS verison, it horrible.

Also like MK said, it only for Wii U.

The DLC is Wii U exclusive, also I've beaten the 3ds version and I personally think it's horrible. Wii U version is alright for me though.

Anyway I made a video as well

I'm ok with it.

• Thumbs Up 2

So it wasn't the most amazing fantastic best thing ever that the whole game should have been like after all?

I'm shocked.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it wasn't the most amazing fantastic best thing ever that the whole game should have been like after all?

I'm shocked.

OK OK, I admit it wasn't as "amazing" then I thought it was but it a hell a lot better then the Yoshi DLC and plus, it free so I (or in this case, we) didn't lose anything.

OK OK, I admit it wasn't as "amazing" then I thought it was but it a hell a lot better then the Yoshi DLC and plus, it free so I (or in this case, we) didn't lose anything.

I know, lol. I'm just poking fun. :P

The DLC is exclusive to the Wii U version.

And the 3DS version is pretty horrible, in all honesty.

sad.png But, I could get a Wii U this year mainly because of Super Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Boom. So may just get Lost World for  the Wii U.

Was watching Cobermani456's playthrough of SLW on 3DS and the graphics could have been better and the gameplay too. But, in my opinion it is not terrible and I may skip getting the 3DS version.

What the heck?! I clearly downloaded the DLC on the eShop and it's not appearing??? This is so stupid!! I even downloaded the update required for the DLC!! AARRGH!!

sad.png But, I could get a Wii U this year mainly because of Super Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Boom. So may just get Lost World for  the Wii U.

Was watching Cobermani456's playthrough of SLW on 3DS and the graphics could have been better and the gameplay too. But, in my opinion it is not terrible and I may skip getting the 3DS version.

If you get a Wii U later in the year anyway then yeah, I'd say pick up Lost World and try out the DLC, the game will probably be even cheaper to pick up by then anyway.

As for the 3DS version... it's deceiving. The first few levels are pretty impressive but everything from Desert Ruins onwards just goes steeply downhill, with poor level design, frustratingly long stages and an emphasis on rage-inducing puzzles.

From the press vault.

There's also a 150MB photoshop version of that on there but... yeah I'm not downloading that.

Thanks, now I can update my videos thumbnail.

What the heck?! I clearly downloaded the DLC on the eShop and it's not appearing??? This is so stupid!! I even downloaded the update required for the DLC!! AARRGH!!

Try beating windy hill act 1, although it should just pop up after you download it and then update it like it did for me.

Oh yeah, he rage quitted on Sky Road, but I don't blame him for it either. 

There's even the Triforce all over the floor!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! :lol:

I suppose they just wanted to keep all of the DLC together in one place, and Windy Hill is the best zone to put it in because... well, it's the first one you go to, meaning even if you've just bought the game and haven't made it through to Desert Ruins yet, you can still access all of the additional content.

Also, for people having problems getting the DLC to appear - restart your system and try again. Make sure the update installs and your game is Version 4.0.0 when you boot it up.

I'm shocked.

The first part of the level in terms of how open it is compared to the other levels is a good start.

I’ve discovered an issue with the DLC. Because my score is maxed out at 99,999,999, the game isn’t counting points toward the 100,000 point requirement needed to make the level reappear. At least, that’s what I think is happening. I’ve played through several acts and it still won’t come back. I could try deleting and re-downloading the DLC to see if that works, but I don’t want to do that every single time I want to play the level. I can see this happening to more people as time passes, so this needs to be patched immediately if it is the case.

I’ve discovered an issue with the DLC. Because my score is maxed out at 99,999,999, the game isn’t counting points toward the 100,000 point requirement needed to make the level reappear. At least, that’s what I think is happening. I’ve played through several acts and it still won’t come back. I could try deleting and re-downloading the DLC to see if that works, but I don’t want to do that every single time I want to play the level. I can see this happening to more people as time passes, so this needs to be patched immediately if it is the case.

EDIT: Reported it to Aaron Webber, he's passed it on to the team.