Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

When I get a 3DS, I'm going to get this game because of the Zelda and Yoshi DLC. Plus I don't think it is as bad as the critics make out it is.

Avoid the 3DS verison, it horrible.

Also like MK said, it only for Wii U.

When I get a 3DS, I'm going to get this game because of the Zelda and Yoshi DLC. Plus I don't think it is as bad as the critics make out it is.

The DLC is Wii U exclusive, also I've beaten the 3ds version and I personally think it's horrible. Wii U version is alright for me though.

Anyway I made a video as well

I'm ok with it.

So it wasn't the most amazing fantastic best thing ever that the whole game should have been like after all?

I'm shocked.

OK OK, I admit it wasn't as "amazing" then I thought it was but it a hell a lot better then the Yoshi DLC and plus, it free so I (or in this case, we) didn't lose anything.

OK OK, I admit it wasn't as "amazing" then I thought it was but it a hell a lot better then the Yoshi DLC and plus, it free so I (or in this case, we) didn't lose anything.

I know, lol. I'm just poking fun. :P

The DLC is exclusive to the Wii U version.

And the 3DS version is pretty horrible, in all honesty.

sad.png But, I could get a Wii U this year mainly because of Super Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Boom. So may just get Lost World for  the Wii U.

Was watching Cobermani456's playthrough of SLW on 3DS and the graphics could have been better and the gameplay too. But, in my opinion it is not terrible and I may skip getting the 3DS version.

sad.png But, I could get a Wii U this year mainly because of Super Smash Bros 4, Mario Kart 8 and Sonic Boom. So may just get Lost World for  the Wii U.

Was watching Cobermani456's playthrough of SLW on 3DS and the graphics could have been better and the gameplay too. But, in my opinion it is not terrible and I may skip getting the 3DS version.

If you get a Wii U later in the year anyway then yeah, I'd say pick up Lost World and try out the DLC, the game will probably be even cheaper to pick up by then anyway.

As for the 3DS version... it's deceiving. The first few levels are pretty impressive but everything from Desert Ruins onwards just goes steeply downhill, with poor level design, frustratingly long stages and an emphasis on rage-inducing puzzles.

What the heck?! I clearly downloaded the DLC on the eShop and it's not appearing??? This is so stupid!! I even downloaded the update required for the DLC!! AARRGH!!

Try beating windy hill act 1, although it should just pop up after you download it and then update it like it did for me.

Oh yeah, he rage quitted on Sky Road, but I don't blame him for it either. 

There's even the Triforce all over the floor!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! :lol:

I suppose they just wanted to keep all of the DLC together in one place, and Windy Hill is the best zone to put it in because... well, it's the first one you go to, meaning even if you've just bought the game and haven't made it through to Desert Ruins yet, you can still access all of the additional content.

Also, for people having problems getting the DLC to appear - restart your system and try again. Make sure the update installs and your game is Version 4.0.0 when you boot it up.

So it wasn't the most amazing fantastic best thing ever that the whole game should have been like after all?

I'm shocked.

The first part of the level in terms of how open it is compared to the other levels is a good start.

I’ve discovered an issue with the DLC. Because my score is maxed out at 99,999,999, the game isn’t counting points toward the 100,000 point requirement needed to make the level reappear. At least, that’s what I think is happening. I’ve played through several acts and it still won’t come back. I could try deleting and re-downloading the DLC to see if that works, but I don’t want to do that every single time I want to play the level. I can see this happening to more people as time passes, so this needs to be patched immediately if it is the case.

I’ve discovered an issue with the DLC. Because my score is maxed out at 99,999,999, the game isn’t counting points toward the 100,000 point requirement needed to make the level reappear. At least, that’s what I think is happening. I’ve played through several acts and it still won’t come back. I could try deleting and re-downloading the DLC to see if that works, but I don’t want to do that every single time I want to play the level. I can see this happening to more people as time passes, so this needs to be patched immediately if it is the case.

EDIT: Reported it to Aaron Webber, he's passed it on to the team.

Can I just say, I wish the WHOLE game was like the first portion of the DLC? Not even remotely joking.

I loved Lost World, but honestly, the levels were way too linear. It's just going straight, and the "multiple pathways" only required you to go left to right. This DLC (the part where you're outside anyways) outright PROVES that the current control scheme works really damn well with open levels (kinda like SA1). There's actual multiple paths, albeit to a lesser extent I guess, but still, they're there! The place felt really open to me first time playing it, and it's just SO much better than every level in Lost World, and that's coming from someone who really loved this game.

Can I just say, I wish the WHOLE game was like the first portion of the DLC? Not even remotely joking.

I loved Lost World, but honestly, the levels were way too linear. It's just going straight, and the "multiple pathways" only required you to go left to right. This DLC (the part where you're outside anyways) outright PROVES that the current control scheme works really damn well with open levels (kinda like SA1). There's actual multiple paths, albeit to a lesser extent I guess, but still, they're there! The place felt really open to me first time playing it, and it's just SO much better than every level in Lost World, and that's coming from someone who really loved this game.

Agreed. This was exactly what I said when I booted it up.

I love the DLC. Link popping in everywhere really made it for me. Good fun it was, are people upset about some good free content?

Although canonically, it makes no sense. Skyward Sword Link on his loftwing in medieval Hyrule with OoT Gorons doesn't blend with the story well. I'm not seriously holding it against it, just observing.

Is there a dedicated topic for this?

I love the DLC. Link popping in everywhere really made it for me. Good fun it was, are people upset about some good free content?

Although canonically, it makes no sense. Skyward Sword Link on his loftwing in medieval Hyrule with OoT Gorons doesn't blend with the story well. I'm not seriously holding it against it, just observing.

Is there a dedicated topic for this?

Its just a non-canon cameo, like when Link appeared in Soul Calibur II. Just a fun guest appearance is all.

Well, I just played it. I agree with all of you in that the first half of this DLC is how the rest of Lost World should have been. I know that it was a short ride, but I had a blast just dicking around in Hyrule field doing nothing of importance. It was great. I really wish that the game had an overworld that was designed like this level where you can just run around at a decent speed using the game as a playground, hopefully Boom will fulfill that for us. It definitely would have made Lost World more bearable.

That being said, it's really lame that the level goes away after you beat it. Dammit SEGA, I don't want to get more points, I just want to run in Hyrule.

Just got done playing the Zelda DLC.

It was actually really fun and super neat, but man does playing it in SLW's engine really make it a buzzkill. I just really dislike how this game controls and everything even though the concepts are great, seriously Spindashing and parkour in a Sonic game together, why is this the most conflicting thing on the planet urhufhufhudfhdufhudhghfjghfj ugh.

Love the homages at least! :V