Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

I think one compromise would be, you have to search carefully to find hidden springs that work as a quick shortcut to somewhere (preferably places that are actually difficult or even impossible to reach for Sonic/whoever), that might be interesting--in fact, there's a few cases of this already in SLW, for what it's worth.

For some reason I'm imagining something like the bonus areas in Crash Bandicoot, haha.

Could someone explain to me why hidden springs were even included in the first place? The only purpose they seem to serve is to bait me into thinking that I'm about to get my parkour on until I'm automatically sprung through a portion of the level as if Lost World's rendition of the super guide was activated.

If I'm never going to be given a chance to try and parkour my way through a level on my own, then why not just make said springs visible in the first place? Was Sonic Team really that surprised at the amount of springs they had littered each level with that they had to make most of them invisible?