Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

On terrain and stuff...

There are only so many types of terrain in the world, unfortunately. After twenty years you kind of run out.

We haven't really though.  Every level genre has potential for surprising the player.  Take the typical opening stage tropical trope for example.  We've had too many Green Hills, Emerald Hills, Palmtree Panics, Emerald Coasts, and Seaside Hills.

What we need are more Mecha Green Hills, Angel Islands, and Tropical Resorts.

Imagine a Star Fox-eques Tornado minigame where you're shooting enemies and stuff.

As long as they don't make it as bland and confusingly unresponsive as Sky Chase in Sonic Adventure...

I like the idea of special stages though, especially if it focused on movement more than shooting stuff.

OH HEY.  What if the special stages or travelling used the Wii U gamepad sort of like Sonic Rush Adventure?  You plot a route for the Tornado on the Miles Electric, then control Sonic in a 3D, Sonic 2 Sky Chase/Sky Fortress Act 1 meets Sonic and the Secret Rings-esque linear obstacle course?  It would still test platforming gameplay while deviating enough from the standard gameplay to serve as a special stage etc.  Just an idea.

A big chance I won't get this on release, BUT, I am REALLY looking forward to the soundtrack which I will acquire. If Hunnid-P's leak about him working with Sega's composers for new music correlates to Lost Worlds, I will flip my shit in a very good way.

I too am super hoping that this might be a hint of not just the extended cast getting a roles again, but also ones big enough to justify having character themes (even if they're just used in cut-scenes).

1 Month?! I wish there was more people like you in this world, we'd all be better off.

Hehe, thanks. 

Me and my friends have a very good trusting. We borrow and lend consoles/games etc and we even go as far as to buy a game together if the money are not enough. 

I have a 3DS as well and my friend wanted to play Castlevania. I am not really into the series but i'd like to try it out. We payed it together.

BUT in lets not make this post totally something else from the thread.

Sonic Lost World. What do you guys think?

We might have a new dev for 3ds version? This time we might go 3D rather than just 2D?

^^and this comes from a person that doesn't have a problem wiht Dimps or the handheld games being 2D so far. I can understand people's complains though

• Thumbs Up 1

See the thing is if Nintendo is also involved with the 3DS version, would they want to outsource the game or would they rather have some form of control and input like the WII U version? Even if they do outsource I assume they'll be rather specific as to what they want.

See the thing is if Nintendo is also involved with the 3DS version, would they want to outsource the game or would they rather have some form of control and input like the WII U version? Even if they do outsource I assume they'll be rather specific as to what they want.

As far as we know, Nintendo's not actually involved in the development of the game at all. They're just publishing it in one region.

• Thumbs Up 1

In order for me to borrow a Wii U, I need to know someone who actually owns one. That's a pretty big problem, if like me, you live in the UK.

We might have a new dev for 3ds version? This time we might go 3D rather than just 2D?
Oh YES, PLEASE SEGA, we need a portable Sonic to have at least 99% 3D 3rd person perspective gameplay. I'm not pretending like I know how this stuff works, but if your portable devs were able to do it for that tech demo/cancelled game once shown at E3, Sonic DS, and the special stages of the Rush games, Colors DS and Generations 3DS, there shouldn't be any problem basing a whole game on that. Maybe it's because most portable systems like the 3DS aren't yet capable of procesing more than a small section of Sonic's "funkee action", and they can only put so much into them? (again, I don't really know how this stuff works)

Oh YES, PLEASE SEGA, we need a portable Sonic to have at least 99% 3D 3rd person perspective gameplay. I'm not pretending like I know how this stuff works, but if your portable devs were able to do it for that tech demo/cancelled game once shown at E3, Sonic DS, and the special stages of the Rush games, Colors DS and Generations 3DS, there shouldn't be any problem basing a whole game on that.

Maybe it's because most portable systems like the 3DS aren't yet capable of procesing more than a small section of Sonic's "funkee action", and they can only put so much into them? (again, I don't really know how this stuff works)

If Nintendo had Mario Galaxy running on the 3DS for testing purposes I don't see why we couldn't have a 3D game at the speed of Sonic Adventure 2 with the graphical level of at least Unleashed Wii running on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Nintendo had Mario Galaxy running on the 3DS for testing purposes I don't see why we couldn't have a 3D game at the speed of Sonic Adventure 2 with the graphical level of at least Unleashed Wii running on it.

Faster framerate?

The sad part is those graphics would look impressive on the 3DS about three years ago. Haha...

I really want a 3D sonic game on my 3DS (still hoping for a Sonic Adventure Collection). No doubt the 3DS could handle it and again it's not like they HAVE to use the Touch Screen, menus and stuff is fine but if they can't find a use don't use it, I hate when devs feel like to make the most out of the console they have to use all of said console's gimmicks :/

Not sure if it means anything, but that was a Dimps developed game. This one is actually being made by Sonic Team themselves, like 4 should've been. I expect it to have some sort of effort put into it or changes made. Didn't Iizuka say he wanted to try something new anyway?

(Also, if you're gonna reply to this with nothing but "lol Iizuka", then don't even bother.)

Edited by Longshoreman X

Oh YES, PLEASE SEGA, we need a portable Sonic to have at least 99% 3D 3rd person perspective gameplay. I'm not pretending like I know how this stuff works, but if your portable devs were able to do it for that tech demo/cancelled game once shown at E3, Sonic DS, and the special stages of the Rush games, Colors DS and Generations 3DS, there shouldn't be any problem basing a whole game on that.

Maybe it's because most portable systems like the 3DS aren't yet capable of procesing more than a small section of Sonic's "funkee action", and they can only put so much into them? (again, I don't really know how this stuff works)

The only reason it hasn't been done yet is because it requires effort. Only time will tell in this case if they're going to bother trying.

• Thumbs Up 4

Not sure if it means anything, but that was a Dimps developed game. This one is actually being made by Sonic Team themselves, like 4 should've been.

Sonic 4 still had (members of) Sonic Team calling the shots as executive producers/directors.

Not sure if it means anything, but that was a Dimps developed game. This one is actually being made by Sonic Team themselves, like 4 should've been. I expect it to have some sort of effort put into it or changes made. Didn't Iizuka say he wanted to try something new anyway?

(Also, if you're gonna reply to this with nothing but "lol Iizuka", then don't even bother.)

In the context of this just all being PR talk, it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference what the game was or who developed it. The point still stands that S4E2 wasn't what they claimed it was.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't think it's the same thing to be honest. When you think about it, Mario galaxy is easier to render on a 3DS because he doesnt need THAT much terrain to run around in.

Sonic, on the other hand, would be running through levels so quickly that the game would have to load more and more terrain as he progresses through the level. It's one thing to run around a little sandbox, but it's another to blaze through a very lengthy sandbox.

Edited by chirf

Yeah but Ocarina of time (original and 3DS) is so large that the only rendered stuff is the stuff you see infront if you, anything behind or beside you isn't there until you turn to see it

Due to the power of the 3DS being weaker, I have a feeling we may get a 2Dfare instead. Disappointing I know but what can we do?

Due to the power of the 3DS being weaker, I have a feeling we may get a 2Dfare instead. Disappointing I know but what can we do?

I'm thinking 2D gameplay in 3D environments. Similar to generations but of WAY higher quality.

How much better is the quality of the music on Wii U hardware compared to the Wii?

On that note, how much superior do you think the music/soundtrack for Sonic Lost World will sound on the Wii U compared to Sonic Colours music on the Wii?

How much better is the quality of the music on Wii U hardware compared to the Wii?

On that note, how much superior do you think the music/soundtrack for Sonic Lost World will sound on the Wii U compared to Sonic Colours music on the Wii?

I don't think it'll make that much of a difference.

Soundtrack? Let me know who's on the sound team and then I'll get back to you.

Oh and Cash Cash vocals plz

• Thumbs Up 3

Soundtrack? Let me know who's on the sound team and then I'll get back to you.

Oh and Cash Cash vocals plz

I hope we get to hear part of the possible Cash Cash theme in the teaser!

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 6

You know.. what if the 3DS version was 2.5D and instead played like Sonic 3? It wouldn't be boost and it would tie into the new gameplay that the Wii U version will bring. Seems easy.

If Cash Cash is doing the vocals, then I'll be glad that I'm missing out on Lost World. I seriously can't stand Reach for the Stars and Speak with Your Heart. I'd much rather they just give it an instrumental theme.

• Thumbs Up 3