Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I'm sure by the time Sonic: Lost Worlds is released, Wii U will be a far more appealing purchase, considering a ton of games are all coming in the second half of this year. This partnership will never not be a good thing. SEGA gets bigger budgets to produce higher quality Sonic games on its most popular and reliable audience at Nintendo. I have high expectations for this.

Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 2

Eh.

Not liking the Mario Galaxy vibe from it. What's the deal with the hexagons? Liking the return of the old Tornado. Not liking the Nintendo exclusivity. Have zero interest in buying a WiiU and the 3DS version will more than likely be significantly crappier.

I'll reserve judgement. Afterall I didn't like the look of Sonic Colours when the first information debuted, but loved it once it was out.

What's stopping you from getting a Wii U other than sports team style fan allegiance ?

I already have a PS3? There's no more room for another console on my house? I have to spend my money in other things rather than a console system, that, by the way, did you saw that flag under my avatar? Yeah, you now know from where I'm from. Guess I don't need to explain. Besides, if I bought a Wii U, it will be just because of that game, since Nintendo games don't interest me at all, that's why I always got SEGA and Sony.

So you missed out on supporting Sonic where he was most prelevant? On Nintendo products through the GBA, Gamecube, DS, Wii and 3DS?

He's kinda been Nintendo's personal underdog for a long time running. Colours selling more on just the Wii than all four of the Generations versions together is living proof of that, and now he's actually being worked on personally by Nintendo along Sonic Team. It's not that much of a surprise, once you get past the oldschool rivalry shock.

I gave/give my support on the consoles I own. I never had interest in Nintendo consoles, but I always give my support to SEGA games on the ones I had.

Yeah, I am sad, really sad. This game better be fucking good.

YES

I bought a Wii U and already decided it would be my last console because I hate the direction of modern AAA gaming, and my biggest concern was being able to play Sonic games. This bodes well.

I also have a 3DS, and even if this next game is from Dimps I'll be happy. In my opinion Sonic Colors DS is the best handheld Sonic game (besides Sonic Pocket Adventure on Neo Geo Pocket Color, which is also a Dimps games) and I very much enjoyed the Advance and Rush games. Generations 3DS was a little bit of a disappointment and I wish it were longer, but I still like it a lot.

Don't get we wrong; I'd rather have a game akin to Sonic 1-3&K or CD but I still enjoy the Dimps gameplay and would rather have that than no 2D Sonic at all. The handheld Dimps games are ALL much better than their efforts with Sonic 4.

Iwata's exact words were "Today, I would like to announce that we have entered into a worldwide partnership with Sega on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise."  That sounds like he's referring to more than just the Winter Olympics and Lost Worlds, but it's actually pretty ambiguous.  If Sega's focussing entirely on Nintendo for the next big game, though, I hope this means that the 3DS version will be something to shout about, especially since the reviewers started noticing Dimps's drop in quality with Generations 3DS...

It's a really good move to do the exclusive thing and have Nintendo co-develop it, as it were, but fuck man I'm a bit annoyed as I don't and won't have that sort of money to spare on a Wii-U (or even space in the house to put it!). I'll probably wait a year or two. I should really spare the money on other, more important things before considering a Wii-U.

As for the screen itself... eh. It looks kind of odd and CDish but honestly it doesn't say much to me at this stage. More needs to be seen yet. So far it seems very generic ice level, fire level, desert level, green level stuff, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

I really hope it's good, though. Though if it is, watch everyone say Nintendo is the only reason it's good and that Sonic Team is still shit tongue.png

Edited by Semi-colon e

thank god I collect consoles...I have both Wii U and 3ds, so I will get both versions.

still kind of mixed feelings about the teaser picture it just doesnt seem....sonicy? o-O

• Thumbs Up 1

Super huge pic guys!

image_55547.jpg

RELEASE CONFIRMED IN FALL 2013!

Source? Edited by Blue Blood

Iwata's exact words were "Today, I would like to announce that we have entered into a worldwide partnership with Sega on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise."  That sounds like he's referring to more than just the Winter Olympics and Lost Worlds, but it's actually pretty ambiguous.  If Sega's focussing entirely on Nintendo for the next big game, though, I hope this means that the 3DS version will be something to shout about, especially since the reviewers started noticing Dimps's drop in quality with Generations 3DS...

Press release speaks a little more on it.

still kind of mixed feelings about the teaser picture it just doesnt seem....sonicy? o-O

Really? It has more Sonic 4/CD vibes to me.

Wii U exclusive....

Well that sucks. There better be a good reason to it. Like a special gimmick or control mechanic because otherwise I'll be pissed >:U

Edited by Lamor

Oh yeah and why the hell does it look more like a Mario game than a Sonic game?! >_<

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh yeah and why the hell does it look more like a Mario game than a Sonic game?! >_<

We've basically seen nothing of it yet. It is not really fair to make that judgement at this point. 

>Implying there's something wrong with looking like a Mario game.<

Looks cool so far, but not really going to get hyped until I see trailer or gameplay footage.

I'm not liking this big buddy buddy thing with Nintendo. It's almost as if Sonic is a Nintendo character, and part of their family, with new 3D Mario around the corner. I always liked it better when Sonic came around the time where there wasn't the big 3D Mario around at the time, giving Sonic the chance to stand out as the cutting edge 3D Plattformer. I just think of Sonic that way, tradionally, even back then.

Also does anyone else think this looks like a map for a MetriodVania style game?