Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Crush 40 ftw!

By the way, is it confirmed that there will be more info on the game tomorrow?

Crush 40 ftw!

By the way, is it confirmed that there will be more info on the game tomorrow?

There's no actual confirmation about anything. May 29th seems like a solid date considering the leaks. Where did the Monday rumour come from though?

Cash Cash are ok, but they can't sing. Just compare the vocals on Super Sonic Racing to the original. It's terribly sang, great instrumentation though. If they play level music, I'll be happy but please don't sing guys. 

Anyhow, will keep popping in on Monday to check up on it :-p

I think this is finally going to have Crush 40 doing the main theme again, consider:

Black Knight was the last in 2009.

Colors in 2010 was by Cash Cash, because...

Gens was the main focus of Crush 40, but bizarrely had no theme song like the others, they focused on stage songs and other remixes.

Two years after, this is the next original Sonic game after Colors (Gens was Rehash: The Game no offense, which as said had no theme song), so what else could Crush 40 and the sound team be doing aside from helping out with Sochi Olympics? Also note they were able to do London Olympics and Gens at the same time, obviously Gens was the main focus.

All this applies to Jun Senoue exactly as well, he was Sound Director for Black Knight, was a no-show for Colors, then was (I think) Sound Director for Gens two years later in 2011.

AGAIN, two years since with no big project in between.

So to me Jun is SD again with Crush 40 for the theme, it's too perfectly aligned with some assistance with music for Sochi Olympics.

Did I forget to mention Winter Olympics was in 2009 as well? XD

Edited by Hero of Legend
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Cash Cash is doing the vocals, then I'll be glad that I'm missing out on Lost World. I seriously can't stand Reach for the Stars and Speak with Your Heart. I'd much rather they just give it an instrumental theme.

At the same time though, in my opinion those are the only blips in an otherwise phenomenal soundtrack.  And it's not even like you hear them often.  You literally only hear Speak with your Heart once during the credits, and the main theme of the game (i.e. the world map theme you hear all the time) is an awesome instrumental track.

Cash Cash are ok, but they can't sing. Just compare the vocals on Super Sonic Racing to the original. It's terribly sang, great instrumentation though. If they play level music, I'll be happy but please don't sing guys. 

How can you even tell? It's drowned in Vocoder.

Also, their song "Michael Jackson" has no trace of autotune or vocoding from what I can hear and it's much better than that live performance of Reach for the Stars or whatever they did a while back.

Was it because they were too easy, or because finding all 10 Chao in each zone was a pain in the ass? Or both?

Bit of both actually, but it was also just tedious as hell with how you manoeuvred the plane as well as moving Sonic on the Tornado's wing, it just felt incredibly clunky, but having to go get another key from an act if you fail a special stage was pretty annoying too. 

WHAT?! I loved them. I hated the ones in the previous two Advances, though.

There is no doubt about it being leagues better than Advance 1 & 2's special stages, but it was still pretty bad in the long run.

All this applies to Jun Senoue exactly as well, he was Sound Director for Black Knight, was a no-show for Colors, then was (I think) Sound Director for Gens two years later in 2011.

AGAIN, two years since with no big project in between.

He was also the sound director on Colors, wouldn't surprise me if he is for Lost World as well.

Edited by Mykonos

I thought Tomoya Ohtani was the Sound Director for Colors?

I thought Tomoya Ohtani was the Sound Director for Colors?

Yeah, you're right about this. Jun had no part in Colours.

Both are wrong, Kenichi Tokoi was Sound Director for Colors.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, you're right about this. Jun had no part in Colours.

I recall that he answered on Twitter once that he was designated to find musical artists or something similar to that. Maybe that's related to how Cash-Cash got involved, I don't know.

Edited by Super Spindash

I just want something upbeat and hype to fit the trailer. The last game to do that was Unleashed with Endless Possibility.

I really don't like Cash Cash's vocals tho, not counting the autotune their songs are just...too high pitched.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, count me as someone else who doesn't really care for Cash Cash's vocals. Their remixes on the other hand....*glances at Big Arm*

*faints*

But I won't care either way if they'll do music for Lost World.

EDIT: Well, okay, I can listen to Reach For the Stars anytime whereas I can't sit through Speak with You Heart for at least 2 minutes.

Edited by DarkLight

I liked Reach for the Stars autotune aside.

I'd be fine with a Cash Cash remix of a song from the game in the soundtrack, or even to do a character theme if we do go back to those.

Also, I do not see Hunnid-P working on Sochi Olympics, you have to consider one thing:

The series is probably more family oriented than even Sonic himself is, and because it's part Mario, Nintendo would surely not allow rap in a Mario game, I don't know what kind of music was in DDR Mario Mix, but difference being that was a music game.

Donkey Konga 2 had certain lyrics which made it the only T rated DK game and non-Smash Mario series game to date.

Something tells me Nintendo doesn't want to touch any kind of rap with a 10-foot pole.

Sega on the other hand would more than love another rap selection in a Sonic game, they did it in SA1 and 2, they'd do it again here.

I mean SA2 has references to whores and called Rouge sexy.

Edited by Hero of Legend

I think Crush 40 and Cash Cash should work together for the main theme. I think it would be interesting for the 2 styles to combine.

I think Crush 40 and Cash Cash should work together for the main theme. I think it would be interesting for the 2 styles to combine.

Looking at how that turned out for the Sonic Boom remake, that might just work.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't think it's the same thing to be honest. When you think about it, Mario galaxy is easier to render on a 3DS because he doesnt need THAT much terrain to run around in.

Sonic, on the other hand, would be running through levels so quickly that the game would have to load more and more terrain as he progresses through the level. It's one thing to run around a little sandbox, but it's another to blaze through a very lengthy sandbox.

I know, I was just using it as a guesstimate.  3DS can run Mario Galaxy.  Wii can run Mario Galaxy.  Wii can run Sonic Unleashed Wii.  3DS can run Sonic Unleashed Wii.  3D Sonic could be possible, etc.

Then I imagined in a pessimistic manner rather than optimistic, which is why I figured a speed like SA2 might be more doable than a speed like Unleashed Wii.

Remember as well that Generations 3DS was blatantly rushed.  With more time, and the understanding of the 3DS they gained from working on Generations, they will probably be better and understanding how to utilise the hardware's resources into making long, streaming 3D levels.  I mean even the Dreamcast was able to render Green Forest in 2 Player Mode on SA2!

They'd have to completely forgo 3D altogether, and focus all of the 3DS's resources to rendering the stages.

I don't particularly care if the 3DS version is 2D or 3D. Sure 3D would be cool, but I do like my 2D Sonic games too. Just so long as it's leagues better than Colours DS and Gens 3DS I'll be happy. 

They could probably do a 3d Sonic Game at the Adventure game's pace on the 3ds, since the 3ds is roughly as powerful as a Dreamcast in which both the Adventure games were on. 

As long as the 3DS version is actually good, I couldn't care less if the gameplay's side-scrolling or free-roaming.

• Thumbs Up 7