Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

About the Famitsu thing.

It was actually Woun who said that originally. In fact I'm quite sure he posted it in this topic, only things went so fast nobody took much notice of it...

Oh and... TSS commentators commenting on that Facebook leak.

Aparently, the reason why this wasn't picked up and was unoticed for so long is due to the facebook mobile site. Aparently the people who saw them spotted them when browsing facebook on their phones or other mobile devices, due to the way facebook displays the images/information in mobile mode, it showed the images clearly, but for desktop users, it was more hidden.

Anyway... some more details.

They had been in the photo gallery for 13 hours when I saw it on my phone, I assumed Sega wouldn’t care enough to take them down because they had had so much time to do so.

The planet picture and the Nintendo logo (2 of the 3 pictures) have already been officially posted, so I assume the other picture will be posted in a day or two.

Also, they were never officially called guardians, but had the caption, “six will rise from the lost planet, are they friends or foes? Find out more on the 29th!”

• Thumbs Up 7

That kind of gives me Dark Gaia vibes, with the whole "creatures hidden within the planet" motif.

Then again, judging from this planet there wouldn't much places to hide, lol.

Maybe the only thing inside the planet were those six guardian ... or not guardian ... people ... whatever they are.

They're probably huge!

About the Famitsu thing.

It was actually Woun who said that originally. In fact I'm quite sure he posted it in this topic, only things went so fast nobody took much notice of it...

Oh and... TSS commentators commenting on that Facebook leak.

Aparently, the reason why this wasn't picked up and was unoticed for so long is due to the facebook mobile site. Aparently the people who saw them spotted them when browsing facebook on their phones or other mobile devices, due to the way facebook displays the images/information in mobile mode, it showed the images clearly, but for desktop users, it was more hidden.

Anyway... some more details.

Here's the facebook page in mobile form:

https://m.facebook.com/Sonic

Sadly Google caches today only...

NOBODY CHECKED THE GOOGLE CACHE!?!

another lost chance.

I checked the Google cache.

... but not the mobile one. I'm sorry!

I can't believe we missed the chance, I would have at least expected Sonic Retro to dig up something.

NOBODY CHECKED THE GOOGLE CACHE!?!

another lost chance.

I would have done it if I knew what any of that was and if I wasn't so busy trying to explain to people why I think what they said was genuine due to the time stamps.

Also I tried checking the cache pages for the 'photos' and 'album' pages as well, the cache for those actually pre-dates the Lost World announcement, so no idea if theres anyway to get a specific day on those or....

SEGA has had enough of their fans leaking the crap out of their Sanic games. They're taking precautions now!

• Thumbs Up 4

I couldn't find anything searching Google either on the net the other day. If I'd have known it was a mobile thing, I'd have said something. Is there any way at all we can dig up that other image? Not that we'd see anything but outlines/silhouettes anyway.

I was skimming through TSSZ's twitter and just reading Tristan say how it's so risky for Sega to do this, when the numbers show even ASRT sold most on Wii U as a launch title than PS360. Nintendo platforms is Sega's safest bet BY FAR, you minimize production costs by not paying for different versions and you cater to the platforms that the game will do best at.

What made me sick was that rumor saying Excursion would be on ahem:

Wii U/PS3/360/PS4/720/PC/3DS/Vita

That's unbelievable overkill, you want Sega to spend so much and stretch their resources for all those platforms? I nearly vomited when that rumor popped up.

Luckily fate and Sega agreed with me and went Wii U and 3DS only, where Sonic Team goes full on with one version (Wii U), and Dimps the other (3DS), lowest cost, 100% singular focus for each team, maximum polish, and thus, and better game all around in the end.

I don't want Sega to be Ubisoft or Activision where they make a game for so many platforms and polish suffers because of it.

I couldn't find anything searching Google either on the net the other day. If I'd have known it was a mobile thing, I'd have said something. Is there any way at all we can dig up that other image? Not that we'd see anything but outlines/silhouettes anyway.

I find it kinda odd the original description that the 6 "things" are extra cartoony and like Rayman characters, when really, aren't Sonic and company kinda that already?

Plus if they're like mythical beings, wouldn't some old characters be Rayman-ish if as a silhouette anyway?

As long as there's no humans (even the "Pixar" ones) then I'm fine, if they won't be Anime-ish like they were in-game in SA1, then I don't want them. :( Always felt Sonic should be Anime in style, I mean Uekawa's art is so, it just fits more than being Disney-esc.

Always felt Sonic should be Anime in style, I mean Uekawa's art is so, it just fits more than being Disney-esc.

They did say that the more "hardcore" sonic fanbase was in america. But even by that logic I wish they chose anime instead. 

As an american fan, even I prefer the anime-esque over the pixar/disney theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heads up to those expecting news/media tomorrow!

It's all pure rumour right now. There is currently nothing suggesting that we'll get anything tomorrow. I don't know where this rumour came from, but I assume it's because TSSZ said they heard Famitsu has some news on the game this coming week or that we usually get press previews from an early demo shortly after a game's announcement. 

Does anyone know exactly where this rumor came from, anyway?

They did say that the more "hardcore" sonic fanbase was in america. But even by that logic I wish they chose anime instead. 

As an american fan, even I prefer the anime-esque over the pixar/disney theme.

You have to understand, though, that anime is still pretty niche in America, ESPECIALLY compared to Pixar.

Tristan's imagination.

Someone mentioned Monday is the best time for clarification or small news usually... something belong those lines. Apparently, that picked up.

Someone mentioned Monday is the best time for clarification or small news usually... something belong those lines. Apparently, that picked up.

So someone said that Monday would be the best time? That wouldn't mean that any news would happen that day.

Tristan's imagination.

LOL that's a possible reason there!

Edited by Flamerstreak

As far as the 3DS version, I actually hope it returns to a 2D Sonic Advance style of gameplay because I am getting a little tired of the boost formula for the handheld games, not that I don't love the Rush series, it's just I think the Advance style suits a 2D game better than the Rush style.

New Sonic game for a console (3DS) I'm getting soon? And the artwork looks awesome?

35b60u.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1