Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Didn't the idea there'd be news this monday came from the same posts that said the Sonic FB page had leaked, on the SSMB comments?

At this point, I say drop any/all expectations for news tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be enough reason to raise our expectations other than a hunch from unrelated sources.

The only thing keeping me sane is knowing that, regardless of what happens tomorrow, I at LEAST get to see the next gen conference for Xbox the day after tomorrow lol

Where the Monday rumor came from.

As far as I'm aware, someone on SSMB (I think it was Woun) said that Famitsu/some Japanese magazine would have something on it on Monday.

However I didn't think Famitsu released on Mondays, thought it was a midweek thing.

Oh, ok, thanks Hoggy. Hopefully we'll get something soon, maybe before the 29th. I'm anxious to see a trailer showing even the tiniest sneakpeek of the new gameplay formula.

I'm so making this high quality Lost World pic my desktop background biggrin.png

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

Where the Monday rumor came from.

As far as I'm aware, someone on SSMB (I think it was Woun) said that Famitsu/some Japanese magazine would have something on it on Monday.

However I didn't think Famitsu released on Mondays, thought it was a midweek thing.

Hmmm, interesting. I am not an expert in Famitsu, but something tells me it is not much of a Monday thing. Don't ask me why, I just think that.

Oh, ok, thanks Hoggy.

I'm so making this high quality Lost World pic my desktop background biggrin.png

Good luck with that, then.

Edited by Flamerstreak

Next issue of Famitsu is out on Thursday 23rd May.

So no idea what this monday rumor could be now.

Found it. This was the first time anyone mentioned Monday

And I ask, exactly what is there to support this?

I've been tempted to do that myself.

Edited by EuroMIX

I'm still not sure about the facebook leak since I was up all night writing articles for my job and helping a friend through facebook on a video project.

Never did I see an update from Sega at all. I went to work to turn in my assignments around the time the Nintendo Direct started and came back when everyone was already hyped and Nintendo/Sega were announcing the news on their social sites.

I don't know, it just seems fishy to me. Not saying it didn't happen though.

Edited by El Driver

The reason why I'm not discounting it as false is purely because of the timestamp.

The comments where made long before Nintendo direct started. And as far as we can tell, there where no media embargos on the news or any site that was reporting it before the nintendo direct went live.

So how did they find out not only that the game was a wii-u exclusive, but about the partnership?

That's the part that stumps me too. The only ideas I can think of are that they got extremely lucky, somehow knew about it but for some dumb reason decided to make up the facebook thing or somehow the timestamp is wrong.

But like I said, maybe it did happen and I just missed it completely. I think that's a fair thing to say.

The only reason why I think it sounds fishy is because I am thinking what I would do in that situation. I honestly would've saved the photos (and if the content wasn't there then go back to the previous page and take a snapshot) open a tab and report the news.

But, maybe this people didn't think that and well here we are. Though if it's true then maybe when they decide to officially put them up and it matches what was reported then we will know.

Edited by El Driver

Quick and dirty Google Translation that Steve beat me to reveals nothing we don't already know. xP

Quick and dirty Google Translation that Steve beat me to reveals nothing we don't already know. xP

I-It does? How so exactly? Because that was easily the most perplexing thing I've read in a while.

Edited by Soniman

Japanese and English...boy can they be awkward to translate. :lol:

I-It does? How so exactly? Because that was easily the most perplexing thing I've read in a while.

It basically says "The latest Sonic game has been revealed. It's called Sonic Lost World. It'll be released in the Fall on Wii U and 3DS. Stay tuned." It's not that difficult to decipher, or at least my translation isn't. xP

Just pretty curious that they'd wait until Monday to bring it up whenever the website has been up since several days ago. Its the only reason why I'm expecting there to be some truth behind Woun's statement of us getting a teaser/trailer reveal.

• Thumbs Up 1

It basically says "The latest Sonic game has been revealed. It's called Sonic Lost World. It'll be released in the Fall on Wii U and 3DS. Stay tuned." It's not that difficult to decipher, or at least my translation isn't. xP

Ah that makes sense, still odd that it took Japan this long to announce the game 3 days after the fact. 

And like Azu said, maybe we will indeed finally get a teaser now that Japan got it's announcement out of the way.

Edited by Soniman

Found it. This was the first time anyone mentioned Monday

And I ask, exactly what is there to support this?

This in theory should be on Monday. But the next time SoA notified that there will be May 29.

Also, the next update famitsu May 23. It is unknown what will be in this issue. 

Simply, famitsu on the official site promised more information about Sonic Lost World. :3 

The whole "Worry" part in the translation is merely something along the lines of "Don't worry, more information will be revealed soon"

I just heard on Nintendo news that appently Lost World will feature new gameplay and enemies

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun. In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

This was said by John Cheng.  I don't know about you guys but it sounds a little i bit like this might be a reboot.  New friends as well.  That can't be good for the fan base but I'm OK with it.

I just heard on Nintendo news that appently Lost World will feature new gameplay and enemies

"With 'Sonic Lost World,' we're going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun. In terms of Sonic and his friends, he'll have his same friends there, and I think there'll be some new ones as well. It's not a reiteration. It's going to be all new."

This was said by John Cheng.  I don't know about you guys but it sounds a little i bit like this might be a reboot.  New friends as well.  That can't be good for the fan base but I'm OK with it.

As long as old favorites are still there like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Big, Rouge, Omega, Babylon Rogues etc. I'm OK with new friends. And I also don't want them to abandon the mythology they created. Death Egg arc, The Adventure arc etc.

Edited by ArtFenix

As long as old favorites are still there like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Big, Rouge, Omega, Babylon Rouges etc. I'm OK with new friends. And I also don't want them to abandon the mythology they created. Death Egg arc, The Adventure arc etc.

I can agree with that.  Although I do think that the Babylon Rouges should only ever appear in the good old spin off series they "Sonic Riders" and sequels.  But I can sort of agree with.

Wait. Guys.

Remember the one art thing that Woun posted? The one with Tails carrying Sonic and flying. The one where Sonic had a good smile. Tails had an open mouth. 

Remember...?

I'm thinking if the background there could be one of the level's here :o