Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Wait. Guys.

Remember the one art thing that Woun posted? The one with Tails carrying Sonic and flying. The one where Sonic had a good smile. Tails had an open mouth. 

Remember...?

I'm thinking if the background there could be one of the level's here ohmy.png

Would you care to show a link?

As long as old favorites are still there like Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Big, Rouge, Omega, Babylon Rogues etc. I'm OK with new friends. And I also don't want them to abandon the mythology they created. Death Egg arc, The Adventure arc etc.

If these new characters are one-offs and the main cast is left as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Rouge, Shadow, Cream, Silver and Blaze, I have a slight feeling that's more than alright.

Also, I wish character themes would return. That would be awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm still not sure about the facebook leak since I was up all night writing articles for my job and helping a friend through facebook on a video project.

Never did I see an update from Sega at all. I went to work to turn in my assignments around the time the Nintendo Direct started and came back when everyone was already hyped and Nintendo/Sega were announcing the news on their social sites.

I don't know, it just seems fishy to me. Not saying it didn't happen though.

Unless you've set it so you receive all updates from their page, Facebook will neglect showing you all their updates.

Would you care to show a link?

Trying my best to find it aaaaah.

EDIT: Thinking again, I think I'm prolly wrong, the background seems to be Slyvania Castle from my memory but I'm still trying.

EDIT 2: As expected, memory messed up Slyvania Castle and http://sonic-scene.ru/rus/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/channels3_background-862x1024.jpg

Yeaaah, sorry. :V

Edited by Faseeh

If these new characters are one-offs and the main cast is left as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Rouge, Shadow, Cream, Silver and Blaze, I have a slight feeling that's more than alright.

Also, I wish character themes would return. That would be awesome.

Yeah! Good old times when SonicTeam cared about ALL characters and even made theme songs for every one of them. Damn shame they stopped doing that since Unleashed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Its like history repeats itself; A problem was everyone demanding the characters to return regardless if it made sense, and even after that was proven to be a terrible idea(Generations) people STILL wanna try and shoehorn other characters.

God people, learn will you.

• Thumbs Up 8

To be honest. 

Ya know, it's actually. Generations could have done it well, it's whole story just seemed it like it was trimmed down by 90% and all that.

But yeah, I don't think *insert name* needs to be in every game.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair everyone (or, almost everyone) returning in Gens at least made some sense since the whole point was the 20th anniversary, even if they didn't do anything special with them they were mostly there for "hey, remember these people?!". Not that that's a good thing mind you, but I think it could have been pretty cool if there had been a more interesting plot for all those characters to play a part in.

In any case I don't expect too many characters in this game. Maybe some old faces, but hopefully they won't be shoehorned in and will actually contribute even if it isn't by being playable.

Its like history repeats itself; A problem was everyone demanding the characters to return regardless if it made sense, and even after that was proven to be a terrible idea(Generations) people STILL wanna try and shoehorn other characters.

God people, learn will you.

I was never under the impression that the fandom had a unified opinion on the matter.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody wants to shoehorn ALL characters into the new game but only a couple of the CLAZZIK characters like Tails or Amy for one game is LAME as fuck. Adding Knuckles or Metal Sonic is not enough either. There are still fans of characters like Shadow, Silver, Blaze or even Big. What's so hard about giving fans an opportunity to at least have their characters in the game?

Generations was perhaps one of the few examples that can get away with shoehorning characters due to it plot being about Sonic taking a trip through memory lane.

Considering how this plot is handled and how the characters are used, it could be done again. I'd rather it not, unless they can justify it however. Characters like Blaze and Silver aren't exactly the easiest to justify being involved here, for example.

I don't know guys...if one character needs more screen time is Knuckles. He is supposed to be in the Hero list and part of "Team Sonic".

Amy as well. On the other hand i think its better to keep Shadow as a rival than an ally. That way it has more chances appearing in more games and you can have a cool battle with him.

Now about the rest of the cast? Well i don't know...but seriously at this point i don't really care. 

Like how they got here or why they are in this dimension. Just go with the excuse we rewriting their existence or something and be done with. 

if that is one of their problems for not letting them get into a game and waiting for another time travel adventure to see them. 

Or i guess they could always come up with the Secret Rings/Black Knight logic. 

Edited by frokenok3

Nobody wants to shoehorn ALL characters into the new game but only a couple of the CLAZZIK characters like Tails or Amy for one game is LAME as fuck. Adding Knuckles or Metal Sonic is not enough either. There are still fans of characters like Shadow, Silver, Blaze or even Big. What's so hard about giving fans an opportunity to at least have their characters in the game?

Because its not about what fans want, its about what the writers want, and what makes sense in the context of the story.

• Thumbs Up 8

Regarding the whole wii-u thing I'll probably do what I did with colours and get the game before the console.

One line in Google translate:       isxFc.gif
Dammit Steve I literally rolled on the floor laughing...

Yeah, I see no reason why Shadow, Big, or Blaze should have any place in this game.

Going off topic just a bit. But would it be too early to create a 3DS thread for this game? Seeing that it was better when Generations discussion was split that way to.

I though Shadow was a mainstay with the main cast(Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Eggman)/ Along with Cream and Rouge.

Chances are it'll be the most popular characters from SEGA's cast in recent years, So you can pretty much guarantee Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy will be in the game if they're bring Sonic's friends back, even if they play a super tiny minor role like they've done in recent years (with the exception of Tails...Kinda)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Shadow sort of just, thrown in there for good measure since he's also a rather popular character in the franchise despite how controversial his appearances in some games are.

Not so sure about Rouge,Cream or the Chaotix... Blaze is pretty popular too so it's anyone's bet really, But I'd rather they keep the character roster small so SEGA won't have to shove them into some unfitting role for the sake of just being there.

Yeah, I see no reason why Shadow, Big, or Blaze should have any place in this game.

I see no reason why Knuckles and Amy should have any place in this game if you want to play that card. Never mind the fact that we don't know jack shit about the plot to know who should have a place anywhere aside from Sonic and Tails being involved in it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 7

I see no reason why Knuckles and Amy should have any place in this game if you want to play that card. Never mind the fact that we don't know jack shit about the plot to know who should have a place anywhere aside from Sonic and Tails being involved in it.

When did I say I wanted Knuckles or Amy in this game?

Give me one good reason why someone like Shadow would be on this new (?) planet.

Just making a preemptive guess.

Give me one good reason why someone like Shadow would be on this new (?) planet.

Because the writers would put him there if they chose to do so. And who would stop them if they were given permission?

Exactly what do you know about this new planet or the game for that matter that would prevent him from being involved? Last I checked, there was nothing that confirmed or denied any character except for Sonic and Tails being involved.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe GUN simply send Shadow to investigate, or even to take control of it. I doubt it but it's not that difficult to come up with a reason.

Edited by Pawn

Anything's possible at this stage when we lack information. I don't see how anything in this game would deny any character being involved in it considering how little we know about it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not saying nobody can't appear, but that if other characters do appear you can at least give a better reason than you just wanna see them because they're your favorite character. 

Its that type of reasoning why characters like Knuckles, Blaze & Silver are so fucked up writing wise, fans didn't give a damn if their appearances made sense or not.

• Thumbs Up 1