Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Well let's wait and see what they do this time around if they involve anyone else. We're trekking towards unknown(?) territory here, so it's too early to brush off the cast right now.

By all means speculate, but articulate yourself; I'll give two examples of what I'd like to see in regards to speculating about other characters using Shadow.

Bad reason:

"HE'S AWSOME AND COOL AND I LIKE HIM AND SEGA SHOULD PLEASE ME"  This reeks of fanboy entitlement, and gives no in game reason for Shadow's presence, or what his role in the story could possibly be.

Good reason:

"I think a good way to involve Shadow in this game would be have him investigating the planet as per orders from GUN. If these six guardians prove to be real and they have to fight them all then him and Sonic can clash over how to deal with the threat at hand, and constantly get in each other's way" This is articulate, and unbiased and gives Shadow a justifiable presence.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 6

Eh, for right now, I prefer the smartass version that says the writers did it and articulate how good/bad they did it from there when we get more info. tongue.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

I would imagine the writers would be told who to put in based on who the researchers and PR types advise would be popular enough to increase sales and recommendations and not unpopular enough to turn people away.  It'd then be up to the writers to justify their presence in the game, which on present evidence they would probably do with a single throwaway line (although we may hope for better storytelling than that).  But the bottom line is that the real reason any character will be in the game is because Sonic Team thought they would help sell it.  The actual logic of the game's premise is a secondary consideration.  Depending on how much they actually care about the plot, it's entirely possible that nearly any character could be justified, or rather rationalised, in appearing.  It's not that hard.

If its purely by popularity alone, then the only one I can truly see making an appearance in addition to Sonic, Tails, and Eggman is Knuckles. 

Which means that won't happen, and we'll probably get Shadow or Amy instead.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

For all the gameplay problems they had, the Storybook games are a great example of using multiple characters the right way.

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 8

For all the gameplay problems they had, the Storybook games are a great example of using multiple characters the right way.

Technically speaking, S3&K did it before.

By all means speculate, but articulate yourself; I'll give two examples of what I'd like to see in regards to speculating about other characters using Shadow.

Bad reason:

"HE'S AWSOME AND COOL AND I LIKE HIM AND SEGA SHOULD PLEASE ME"  This reeks of fanboy entitlement, and gives no in game reason for Shadow's presence, or what his role in the story could possibly be.

Good reason:

"I think a good way to involve Shadow in this game would be have him investigating the planet as per orders from GUN. If these six guardians prove to be real and they have to fight them all then him and Sonic can clash over how to deal with the threat at hand, and constantly get in each other's way" This is articulate, and unbiased and gives Shadow a justifiable presence.

I disagree. Sonic games aren't about story and this'll probably have no more story than Colors. I think putting a character in due to being liked and people wanting to see them again make sense to me.

I'd like to see Espio in the game. Because he's my favorite character. What's wrong with that?

So.... any news as to when will we get our teaser / trailer today?

We won't be getting anything today. Some folk were thinking that there might be some news in the issue of Famitsu that's out on the 24th, and somehow this all escalated into expecting a trailer today.

If today, then less than an hour.

Also Black Knight played well with the tropes and gave us some nice insight into Sonic's character. The gameplay mechanics may not have been to everyone's taste, but I thought they handled the story reasonably well. I also will never forget the pokecapn crew's reaction when Amy turns up.

This in theory should be on Monday. But the next time SoA notified that there will be May 29.

Also, the next update famitsu May 23. It is unknown what will be in this issue. 

Simply, famitsu on the official site promised more information about Sonic Lost World. :3

Can we get a source, please?

Yes, sources would be nice. 

Can't be piloting the hype train if the passengers don't even know the scheduled times for leaving. :v

I disagree. Sonic games aren't about story and this'll probably have no more story than Colors. I think putting a character in due to being liked and people wanting to see them again make sense to me.

I'd like to see Espio in the game. Because he's my favorite character. What's wrong with that?

You're missing the point. Its not about whether they show up again or not, its giving credible reason on why they should show up and what justifies it. "I like them" is not enough of a reason for wanting a character in a game, and its vague enough that the writers can do whatever the fuck they feel like with said character regardless if it made sense.

Heck, I'd take something as simple as: "They had a case to solve, and help Sonic out in the process" as long it made sense for the characters and their personalities.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu

We won't be getting anything today. Some folk were thinking that there might be some news in the issue of Famitsu that's out on the 24th, and somehow this all escalated into expecting a trailer today.

If today, then less than an hour.

Wow. how did that turn into "were getting a teaser today" Thats just sad, here I was all hyped, I thought it was official, oh well, we should still get info soon enough. and if all fails, we are sure to get info @ E3. 

Gosh talkin about E3, I was bummed that Nintendo wouldnt be having a conference, but still we will get info, Im stoked, new info on Sonic Lost World, Smash bros WiiU/3DS , Pokemon X Y (I think) is enough to get me hyped!! although we probably wont get much info on Smash bros, I hope its possible to show at least a tiny teaser. 

Anyways back on topic :  Im still very curious about just what that planet is, and how the "puzzles pieces of the world" or "connecting parts of the planet together"  theme might work, for all we know, it could be just like Unleashed, it has nothing to do gameplay wise, its just a story related thing, and you just see the cutscene of the jigsaw puzzles connecting , after a boss or something.

When did I say I wanted Knuckles or Amy in this game?

Give me one good reason why someone like Shadow would be on this new (?) planet.

I think Shadow from where I see is the main rival of the franchise. So it wouldn't be a strech to see him clash with Sonic for no reason other than fanservice.

There is no teaser only Zuul Woun!

You're missing the point. Its not about whether they show up again or not, its giving credible reason on why they should show up and what justifies it. "I like them" is not enough of a reason for wanting a character in a game, and its vague enough that the writers can do whatever the fuck they feel like with said character regardless if it made sense.

Heck, I'd take something as simple as: "They had a case to solve, and help Sonic out in the process" as long it made sense for the characters and their personalities.

But why does a fan need more reason than "I like them" to want see their favorite characters? Again, the story will most likely be bare-bones, so why do I have to include plot related reasons for wanting them to show up? Of course they'll give some reason for them being there, but those don't really matter to me during the time where I'm just hoping to see them.

Edited by MarcelloF

But why does a fan need more reason than "I like them" to want see their favorite characters?

You're free to want whatever you want, but that doesn't make it a reasonable request.

Again, the story will most likely be bare-bones, so why do I have to include plot related reasons for wanting them to show up?

"The story will already be shit, so why not make it more shit" isn't a compelling argument.

I found the source. An article on Famitsu's site:

Original Text:

ソニック ロスト ワールド』

Wii U・ニンテンドー3DS/2013年秋発売予定/価格未定

一枚だけ、イメージビジュアルが公開された『ソニック』シリーズ最新作。さまざまな要素は、今月中にも公開される予定とのこと。

Google Translate:

" Sonic Lost World " will be released fall / price undecided Wii U · Nintendo 3DS/2013 years only one piece, the published visual image " Sonic "The latest series. Various elements, and that will be published later this month as well.

Not sure if it sounds like LW will be in Famitsu or not. Probably not...

"The story will already be shit, so why not make it more shit" isn't a compelling argument.

Good thing that wasn't my argument.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 4

Honey the Cat should be in this game.

Why? Let Sonic Team figure it out.