Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

In context, he's basically saying that it (likely, anyway) won't share the same gameplay format as the previous games.

God I hope so.

But, I do have an idea for something they can do:

Play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles:

Sonic would retain the same gameplay, but without any 2D bits.

Tails would be slower pace (no boost), but can fly around ala SA1.

Knuckles would play like the Werehog but not as combat heavy, encouraging exploration via gliding and climbing.

That way I can handle Sonic being boost-heavy, but other characters and their slower gameplay would round it out nicely.

I seriously wouldn't mind a 2.5-d game with some actual thought and consideration put into it (ala Kirby's Return to Dreamland or DK Country Returns), as opposed to the garbage Sonic 4 episodes.  A bouncy, good-graphicked, happy-go-lucky 2-D Sonic platformer would be fun.

Plus, you know, no boost.

The only thing i wish from the game is to be able to run around the levels like in the adventure games, and actually be able to jump on things and explore the areas without focusing on BOOST HERE BOOST THERE BOOST EVERYWHERE.

If it's 2.5D, I wont care. as long as they get the 3d part right. The main 3d parts you got in unleashed/generations was just narrow pathways... not much room to run around and actually feel like your sonic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing i wish from the game is to be able to run around the levels like in the adventure games, and actually be able to jump on things and explore the areas without focusing on BOOST HERE BOOST THERE BOOST EVERYWHERE.

If it's 2.5D, I wont care. as long as they get the 3d part right. The main 3d parts you got in unleashed/generations was just narrow pathways... not much room to run around and actually feel like your sonic. 

Not all of the paths in the Act 2 Stages in Generations were narrow pathways.

Unless you're talking about the 3DS version.

Edited by Son1ctrainer
  • Thumbs Up 1

It just shows you how different opinions can be. The gaming press and general public seem to love the 2D bits, and its certainly helped fix the general bad vibe of the series, with many saying the have got the formula right.

Yet the fans (not all of them mind you but a large portion of vocal ones) seem to want to scrap the 2D and don't like like it.

Strange isn't it?

It just shows you how different opinions can be. The gaming press and general public seem to love the 2D bits, and its certainly helped fix the general bad vibe of the series, with many saying the have got the formula right.

Yet the fans (not all of them mind you but a large portion of vocal ones) seem to want to scrap the 2D and don't like like it.

Strange isn't it?

Let's face it, the press are hesitant on change, they've hated 3D Sonic games since the beginning.

Also why do you think COD games are still getting 10/10 and it's the same damn thing, EA Sports games as well, just mostly roster updates.

Let's face it, the press are hesitant on change, they've hated 3D Sonic games since the beginning.

Also why do you think COD games are still getting 10/10 and it's the same damn thing, EA Sports games as well, just mostly roster updates.

as the old saying goes if it ain't broke milk till it becomes tired and repetitive

Since everyone seems to want justification for a good plot and character inclusions, mind if I go off on a wild tangent for the story?

Sonic and Tails travel to this world where a tribe of angry bees attack them. In comes the Chaotix to stop those bees and then they find out that they are being controlled. Playing as both Sonic and Espio [to go undercover] we then explore the island and find a new antagonist [since who said the new character had to be an ally] who has been rebuilding the world in Sonic's world using some weird teleport device, and also wants to control all the animals on the lost world so he can take over Sonic's.

Now who says that isn't justified?

Everyone's hesitant to change. People like what they grew up with. Notice how every person thinks of their childhood as the "good old days" and more of then not hates what kids these days are watching or playing. My parents can't enjoy anything beyond Pac Man or pong, I can't enjoy half the shows that pass for cartoons these days, the list goes on. Nostalgia makes one's eyes so rose tinted it's not funny.

The reviewers grew up with Genesis Sonic, and that is where their bias lies. The newer fans were brought in with the Adventure titles, so that is where their bias lies.

The latter are pretty good at buying all Sonic titles by merit of being Sonic titles, and the former will slam on anything that doesn't try and bring back the classic feel. I think it's obvious who SEGA will listen to, as one has a much lower opportunity cost.

Tragic yes, but hey, that's just how it is. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, I'm a "classic" fan myself, like you said I grew up with it. But i own every Sonic game there is, i really enjoyed some of the 3D outings even with that bias in place. But even Sega themselves calls the Mega Drive era the "golden era" so there's more to it than bias.

I would love it if Sega kept their promise on a proper 2D game to rival Sonic 3K. So if this game turns out to be the 2.5D one that has been mentioned it would really peak my interest. But on the other hand if its 3D it wouldn't bother me, especially if it is handled well like Colours and Generations etc. It is possible to be bias towards what you grew up with and still enjoy the new or depending when you joined the franchise, older stuff.

People in general tho like has been said don't like change, especially if there seems to be no need for it. Like changing what made it popular in the first place. Happens to games with reimaginings and reboots and movie versions of older licenses a lot, but that's another yarn altogether.

I almost fell to my knees when I learned this game was coming out as a WiiU exclusive. I hadn't planned on purchasing the console, and even though the Nintendo and SEGA partnership has been prodding me to do so, I will still resist. A library as inexcusably pathetic as that of the WiiU is just embarrassing. I'm not condemning the console yet, but things aren't looking so swell.

Guess I'll just play Sonic Generations for the next three years. 

The reviewers grew up with Genesis Sonic, and that is where their bias lies. The newer fans were brought in with the Adventure titles, so that is where their bias lies.

"Sonic has been down in the dumps for the past 17/13 years"~ Typical introduction sentence of almost every review of Sonic Generations

I almost fell to my knees when I learned this game was coming out as a WiiU exclusive. I hadn't planned on purchasing the console, and even though the Nintendo and SEGA partnership has been prodding me to do so, I will still resist. A library as inexcusably pathetic as that of the WiiU is just embarrassing. I'm not condemning the console yet, but things aren't looking so swell.   Guess I'll just play Sonic Generations for the next three years.
Do you have a 3DS? Edited by Auto

Do you have a 3DS?

Cause if you do, you'll be able to enjoy another Dimperific game! Hooray! That's what we're all here for, right? The 3DS version!
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well shit, at least it's something to own if you don't own a Wii U and want your Sonic fill.

Edited by Auto

Cause if you do, you'll be able to enjoy another Dimperific game! Hooray! That's what we're all here for, right? The 3DS version!

Now lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We don't even know who develops the 3DS version. I won't deny chances are that Dimps are behind it but lets wait, see & then judge. 

• Thumbs Up 3

It is a crying shame, I mean you look at Super Mario 3D Land or Kingdom Hearts 3D. Hell even New Super Mario Bros 2. Then look at Sonic Generations 3DS and go what the hell happened? It almost looks like it could have been on the normal DS apart from a few nice looking backgrounds.

It was so damn short too, again if 3D Land could do a whole set of worlds and then a whole set of secret worlds on top of that, why was Sonic 3DS so short and lackluster >.<

Was there any need for that? Auto is just thinking about others who don't have the luxury of owning a Wii U, jesus christ.

Was there any need for that? Auto is just thinking about others who don't have the luxury of owning a Wii U, jesus christ.

It was a joke not directed at Auto but at the likelihood of the 3DS version being crap. It's undoubtedly going to be the version that far less people are interested in regardless of the platforms they do or do not own.

Edited by Blue Blood

Now lets not get ahead of ourselves.

We don't even know who develops the 3DS version. I won't deny chances are that Dimps are behind it but lets wait, see & then judge. 

I agree with you. Dimps may or may not be working on this game, even though it may be likely. If they do, we can hope they can make the 3DS version better than what Dimps has done with some past games, even though plenty of people would call that a rather fat chance, if you know what I mean.

I agree with you. Dimps may or may not be working on this game, even though it may be likely. If they do, we can hope they can make the 3DS version better than what Dimps has done with some past games, even though plenty of people would call that a rather fat chance, if you know what I mean.

Its not like i don't understand where people come from...anyone can see that they "lost" their touch. Putting it in a nice way...even though i enjoyed Colours DS and Gen 3DS cause i am an easy to please person(most of the time) i can see clearly that this is not a game that can please many people in anyway.