Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I don't want to beelittle the fun we're having or anything but c'mon, this kind of beehaviour is beeneath our level of maturity here as SSMBee.

I should really bee in bed... ._.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh pish, posh, honey pot!

I wholly welcome our unbeelieveable Bee overlords.

What the hell am I saying? I hate Charmy -___- 

Well shoot.

I'm actually incredibly surprised SEGA have announced the game like this, don't they normally throw us a logo, some finalized art and a small snippet of info, then a trailer, then start dishing out some of the concept art they use to keep us interested? Kinda like how they handled unleashed when they showed us this

sonic-unleashed-20081016111846043-260859

It was this scene, but the drawn concept version of it, I can't find it right now though.

Edited by Super Soniko

Oh come on Bee-otches, stop making bad puns!

​EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the mod posts until now. 

Edited by Generations (Chaos Warp)

I know its not likely to happen. But fitting the lost theme it would be rather shocking or major fan service if one of the lost characters was either behind what's going on (besides Eggman or with him) or was on the new world/got repurposed that they are from there.

Perhaps one of the "guardians" is a repurposed lost character. Since its pretty darn obvious that when they say "will they be friend or foe" that at least one of them will come over to Sonic's side or end up helping out. I could almost imagine Mighty being turned into a "guardian" type character as an example.

I know, not likely, just trying to stir some other wacky ideas or debate.

That feel when I don't even realistically expect awesome scenes like this anymore.

I mean, what we have now is decent too, but, that cutscene tho.

Hopefully Lost World and later titles get equally beautiful and badass GCI scenes. The teaser picture alone looks outstanding.

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 2

Get back on topic you guys. I expect a full written apiology for this from each of you.

We better bee getting back on topic now.

that'd be cool if lost world had similar production values of Unleashed with the CGi cutscenes. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

I think SEGA really go out of their way to bring CGI of Sonic Unleashed's Calibur to their games when they are confident in creating a major fuss over a big main title Sonic game, after the reception Unleashed got due to the Werehog, SEGA have been treading lightly in the story department and merely been sticking to in-game cutscenes, it's probably because the CGI Scenes probably cost a lot of money and use a lot of resources, and when you think about it, Unleashed was a huge grossing game, taking parts in events and having it's own mini side movie, Colours just didn't get that exposure.

SEGA hyped Unleashed up as if it was Sonic Adventure BIG and put a lot of detail and love into it's crafting, I think they're honestly scared to splash so much out on another game and be met with the same reception Unleashed got, or worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unleashedconcept56.png

Is this the concept art you wanted?

I really want Sega to go all out for this game, I know they've been treading carefully since Unleashed wasn't as acclaimed as they'd hope, but now they seem to have learned their lesson and won't add a dumbass gimmick this time...sort of. I just a supremely badass cutscene again.

And a trailer like this:

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah that's the image I was looking for, and I liked the trailer too especially since it splits into several smaller screens all with it's own action that constantly keeps you looking around and getting hyped for what you are seeing. A trailer that you repeat over and over is something that SEGA wants to release, although I will admit I was severely hyped when the teaser trailer for Colours was released, since they added a catchy song (believed to be the main theme, which is always fun to discuss) and the CG was great, and it seriously looked like a blast.

If you think about it, the CG stuff was reserved for the intro movie before the title screen in Colours, and we didn't see any at all in Generations....Because it was cut out to advertise the game in Japanese trailers!

That feel when I don't even realistically expect awesome scenes like this anymore.

Yeah...good times. That opening cutscene was pretty long too...

*cries* Why can't they do this anymore~? ;__;

• Thumbs Up 4

That cutting they did with the Generations CGI was so odd. The scenes looked fantastic and run together as has been done here and elsewhere it makes a pretty cool if a bit short intro or demo loop cinematic showing what the games about. Why oh why wasn't it in the actual game?! Especially after Sega paid for it and someone went to the trouble of making it!

Seriously the detail, love, and awesomeness the SEGA CGI cutscenes have is just out of this world. It doesn't pale in comparison to any other.

I'd put it in the top 3 along with Square Enix and another company that i can't remember the name now.

But yeah! It'd be seriously nice to see again something like Unleashed stuff. You never know...maybe they are ready to go all out and create something fantastic cause its one console and most of the resources will go there...

Here is an awesome idea/scenario/scene/you get the point, i just came up with just now after remembering Unleashed...

How about a fantastic CGI intro to the game where we see Sonic and Tails with the Tornado and all of a sudden a stormy weather comes and our heroes getting into something and when they start to getting back to their senses all of a sudden the clouds clearing little by little and revealing the Lost World. 

Main Title shows "Sonic lost World" and we go into in-game cutscene. 

NOW Imagine how beautiful that would be.

Edited by frokenok3

I also just wanna be super hyped for a game again. Sega did a great job with Unleashed in that department, especially after the disaster that was '06. Here they were with a new great looking gameplay style that looked like Rush and SA2 had a baby, and then came the "High Europe" trailer. gawd, I still remember thinking to myself "he's baaaaack- he's baaaack" when I saw that for the first time and how fast he was moving and all the buildings when he grinded down the clock tower and hjnssyghvbn. Personally, I think was more hyped for Unleashed before it's release than for any other main series game, what a summer that was. Heroes probably came close in terms of hype though.

(I had a PS2 instead of a 'Cube as a kid and Heroes was gonna be my first main series 3D sanic game, so of course I was hyped for it back then.)

Also who remembers that one trailer where they used real locations with a silhouetted werehog jumping around? I thought all those little things were pretty fun and helped generate hype, even though the Werehog was ultimately not the best idea. 

• Thumbs Up 7

Yeah...good times. That opening cutscene was pretty long too...

*cries* Why can't they do this anymore~? ;__;

Money. CGI can be goddamn expensive. SEGA put all the moneys in Unleashed, they clearly have a lot of faith on it. I wish they could pull this move again in Lost World, if the story telling is just as epic.

Seriously the detail, love, and awesomeness the SEGA CGI cutscenes have is just out of this world. It doesn't pale in comparison to any other.

I'd put it in the top 3 along with Square Enix and another company that i can't remember the name now.

Blizzard? Their CGI is too notch. World of Warcraft and Starcraft II's cinematics are amazingly detailed and super gorgeous.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sega did a great job with Unleashed in that department, especially after the disaster that was '06.

Probably because of '06. '06 was the "oh shit we fucked up!" moment, Unleashed was the "fix it fix it fix it!" moment.
  • Thumbs Up 6

This. I don't care how obnoxious the werehog was, the intro cutscene to sonic unleashed was such a breath of fresh air. It's nice to see a kid-freindly character that adults, like myself, love (22yrs) get more than just kiddy cut scenes, and ACTUALLY look badass from time to time.

Edited by chirf

I personally find the Intro for Colors to be one of my favorite CGI's they have ever made.

I also like the first scene in Black Knight, with the chili dogs.

You know... i dont really remember the intro to colors... 

I only played it once when my friend and i checked it out from gamestop. He had the wii, i had the free rental cause i use to work at gamestop lol he wasnt a big sonic fan so he wanted to skip the cutscenes....

>__>.... imma go watch it again

I wonder how long this game has been in development for so far?  The last main Sonic game was Generations in November 2011 which means the main division of Sonic Team hasn't been developing a Sonic game since then (after all, ASRT was 3rd party developed by Sumo as we all know).  Generations had supposedly 3 years of development which means development started around the same time Unleashed was finished.  Will this game take a similar amount of time?  What will be their primary development focus?  I guess the development time could potentially be only a little less as when developers were getting their hands on the dev kits.  Anyone else remember back in the early days of the WiiU pre-release there were some games that were supposedly confirmed/speculated and how there was an unnamed Sonic game on that list?

Didn't they mention in some article or video that they started making a game and then decided to do something for the anniversary and so they decided to do Generations first or something? Or am I misinterpreting info or muddling it up with something else again?

Edited by Tenko