Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Didn't they mention in some article or video that they started making a game and then decided to do something for the anniversary and so they decided to do Generations first or something? Or am I misinterpreting info or muddling it up with something else again?

When the 3DS was revealed there was mention that a sonic 3DS game was in the works. If generations 3ds was supposedly created as a last minute thing then this could be an indicator of when development started.

It you want this game to do poorly, Sega, then by all means, get rid of the boost. But at least a few incredibly bitter fans will have something new to complain about.

What? I... huh?

I don't know where to start

It you want this game to do poorly, Sega, then by all means, get rid of the boost. But at least a few incredibly bitter fans, as in the ones who hate the boost, will have something new to complain about. And at least they'll probably be right in that case.

How would it do poorly? Because they tried something new?

By that logic the boost gameplay should have done poorly as well?

How would it do poorly? Because they tried something new?

In his defense, trying something new hasn't really ever gotten Sega any praise.

Sonic_Riders_Coverart.png

Just as an example.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look at the reviews for Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 HDs. Critics do not like the boost-free gameplay, and honestly I don't care too much for it either. Of course unleashed was a snooze fest, but that's because boost was abused.

Or, you know, they might have gotten poor reviews because both games have aged badly.

And the best part is is that this game is actually pretty good. 

Other than the air system, which unforuntatley is what the entire game is built around.

And the dumb story...

And the wonkey controls...

And Super Sonic sucking hard.

• Thumbs Up 3

Look at the reviews for Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 HDs. Critics do not like the boost-free gameplay, and honestly I don't care too much for it either. Of course unleashed was a snooze fest, but that's because boost was abused.

Are you being sarcastic? These are 12-13 YEAR OLD GAMES. Boost was probably not even a possibility, back then. Besides, the Spin Dash in both games works to the same effect.

Replies in bold

Other than the air system, which unforuntatley is what the entire game is built around.

Well yeah you gotta conserve it. You can't just boost mindlessly, and if you don't boost mindlessly and do good tricks you will pretty much never run out. 

And the dumb story...

Granted.

And the wonkey controls...

I never had a problem with them.........

And Super Sonic sucking hard.

Also granted. Granted, the two things I just granted (lol granted) are more minor parts of the game, especially Super Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

The first sonic riders had the best controls.
Sonic Free Riders has the worst controls

Hopefully we get
awesome intros
awesome cgi cutscenes
plenty in-game cutscenes
awesome music
awesome main theme
awesome plot, gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

And the best part is is that this game is actually pretty good. 

Eh... It's okay at best.

You know... i dont really remember the intro to colors... 

I only played it once when my friend and i checked it out from gamestop. He had the wii, i had the free rental cause i use to work at gamestop lol he wasnt a big sonic fan so he wanted to skip the cutscenes....

>__>.... imma go watch it again

Wait. Colours had an intro?

*googles.........*

Uh do you mean when you finish the first level, you go into a short cutscene where EZIO Sonic cracks a few bad jokes then jumps into the next level?

• Thumbs Up 1

It was said before but I think the main reason is outside the Mega Drive...trilogy...quadrology..(?) and a select few of the handheld and spin off titles. The older games especially the earlier 3D ones have aged horribly to the point that even reviewers that originally liked the games have negative criticism for them now. Doesn't have much to do with boosting or not boosting.

Reading about an opening CGI cutscene, made me wonder....am I the only one that just wants the game to start? Like just press start and go directly to the first level.

I kind of liked that about Generations that you just went straight to the action and then the cutscene. Then again, I think Generations lend itself since they were trying to imitate the start of the classic games I guess, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in this game.

I do want a CGI opening with the theme song and cutscenes though.

Edited by El Driver

Just have cut scenes skippable with the Start button, like they usually are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reading about an opening CGI cutscene, made me wonder....am I the only one that just wants the game to start? Like just press start and go directly to the first level.

I kind of liked that about Generations that you just went straight to the action and then the cutscene. Then again, I think Generations lend itself since they were trying to imitate the start of the classic games I guess, but I wouldn't mind seeing something like that in this game.

I do want a CGI opening with the theme song and cutscenes though.

Colors beat it to the punch. Tropical Resort Act 1 was playable straight after the start button is pressed.

Colors beat it to the punch. Tropical Resort Act 1 was playable straight after the start button is pressed.

I was just remembering that actually. I even started up to see if I was remembering correctly or not.

Just have cut scenes skippable with the Start button, like they usually are.

I'm not complaining about having cutscenes in the game (if that's what you're implying), but I don't know, I always find that a game draws me in more when it just throws you in the action right away rather than just showing me a cutscene.

Though, I do understand that some people like knowing what's going on first and then jump into the action.

They could do a little of both. That is, start with a cutscene, but it quickly throws you into the action--maybe something like the beginning of Unleashed, with Sonic basically ambushing Eggman's new base/armada/whatever, only actually playable. It'd be fairly simple as it would be the first level/tutorial sort of thing, but it could still be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd love an animated intro for a change to be honest, like CD or Riders. Maybe like Riders have an animated one for a game intro then have the CGI one after you press start? I always loved CD's opening and ending, I may be living in the past but I would like a well done animated one again. Perhaps CGI on the Wii U and animated on 3DS for some differentiation?

• Thumbs Up 2

They could do a little of both. That is, start with a cutscene, but it quickly throws you into the action--maybe something like the beginning of Unleashed, with Sonic basically ambushing Eggman's new base/armada/whatever, only actually playable. It'd be fairly simple as it would be the first level/tutorial sort of thing, but it could still be fun.

This was basically my idea for a first level from about 5 years ago. You're on a Robotnik craft in the midst of of an already active adventure and left to wonder from Eggman's PA system announcements and Sonic's quips what went on for it to get to this point. It would basically be a really cool intro level with lots of nice set-pieces and a nice subversion of the all too typical Tropical first zone trope.

It doesn't even necessarily have to have the feel there was an adventure beforehand (although that is a nice idea), maybe Sonic just felt like taking an active role against Eggman instead of always just reacting, which would be kinda neat and would fit Sonic's personality IMO.

For example, using this game, maybe Sonic and Tails attack an Eggman airship, boss fight occurs, Eggman kicks him off the ship, Tails catches him, and they chase him to the Lost Wold in the Tornado. Then the real adventure starts.

I'll be honest, I'm not too thrilled about this being a WiiU title, something about the WiiU seems strange to me, but that may just be because i don't own one yet. Regardless, I'm really looking foward to this title; and I'm glad some information FINALLY got out about this, took ya long enough, SEGA.

It doesn't even necessarily have to have the feel there was an adventure beforehand (although that is a nice idea), maybe Sonic just felt like taking an active role against Eggman instead of always just reacting, which would be kinda neat and would fit Sonic's personality IMO.

For example, using this game, maybe Sonic and Tails attack an Eggman airship, boss fight occurs, Eggman kicks him off the ship, Tails catches him, and they chase him to the Lost Wold in the Tornado. Then the real adventure starts.

It was mostly just exactly what Colours did; throw you right into the action and give you the information later. I like the idea of a cutscene quickly morphing into an action stage so it's less "watch all this cool stuff Sonic can do and you can't" to "shit is going down and-hey now YOU have to handle it". I think I also had the idea for character-focused minigames and the actions stage in question would transition to you diving down to Earth in a fashion similar to the skydiving minigame from Skyward Sword.

My own game centred around replayability, which is something I feel would suit Sonic's style well, allowing you to complete the game within a few hours, but having enough variety in the story to encourage you to replay at least a few more times to see and unlock everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I realized that.  But I'm some guy on the internet who posted that at 9:00.  While he's a president of a gaming publisher   

Interesting about the morphing idea between cutscene and gameplay.

That could be pulled off effectively, so long as you don't see the snippet of cutscene, and then have Omochao come along saying "This is now where you step in. Press the left analogue stick forward-"

Yeah...

And Sonic games are always replayable. Well, the certain exceptions might not be, but all games have those levels that you want to play again, even a year down the line.