Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

So going by your own logic, if it indeed WAS trying to be epic, then it would not have been fine. If that's not a try to make Sonic Colors simplistic intro somewhat better (than the one in Unleashed) then I must have really missed something in that sentence.

I interpreted it as "for what was going for, it was fine", not "epic intros are lame, therefore Colors' was good".

I'm pretty late to the party, I'm guessing everybody has already seen this?

sonic-lost-world-640x297.png

“With ‘Sonic Lost World,’ we’re going to introduce new gameplay and enemies, which is always fun. In terms of Sonic and his friends, he’ll have his same friends there, and I think there’ll be some new ones as well. It’s not a reiteration. It’s going to be all new.”

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/sonic-lost-world-gameplay/

Pretty sexy, I reckon.

Sonic you're...you're looking pretty fucking good.  This render gets my stamp of Warioproval...although your mouth still seems off.

Nevermind you blue whore

Also, talk of frieeeeends?!

AS IN SONIC'S FRIENDS?!

FUCKING FRIENDS?!

MOTHERFUCKING FRIENDS?!

ARE WE GETTING MORE THAN ONE PLAYABLE CHARACTER SEGA YOU SON OF A BITCH BECAUSE YOU CAN'T JUST GO AND MAKE ME LOVE YOU AGAIN JUST WHEN I WAS STARTING TO GIVE UP ON YOU

Edited by Game & Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

His fur looks like it's a darker shade of blue, but that may be because the background is particularly brighter.

His pose also looks like his Sonic 06 pose done right.

Isn't that just a fan render of the Wreck-It Ralph pose?

I think the last thing Sega should be doing is reverting back to an 2006-esque design anyway.

• Thumbs Up 7

We can already see that Sonic (Tails as well) haven't changed a bit in the teaser image. 

For anyone who is worrying.  The sonic CG design on that image is done by Fentoxd.  A deviantart.  Wii U daily has just used it for the topic.

Pics or it didn't happen.  OP delivers.  http://fentonxd.deviantart.com/art/Wreck-It-Ralph-Sonic-The-Hedgehog-328940604

Edit:

I just read the rest of the articles.  Forget I posted this.

Edited by Masterofnone169

Thing with Colours' lack of intro is though, it doesn't really add any intrigue to the situation because why should Sonic know something that we don't?  It distances you from the story, I'm not a fan of that.

The fact that it is explained literally after, with a plain-as-day flashback that literally happened only 10 minutes ago for the characters just comes off as cheap coz all it achieved was confusing me for about 5 minutes.  Yay?

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

Isn't that just a fan render of the Wreck-It Ralph pose?

Yes it is. Nice fan render but it's not real.

The problem with Sonic Colors putting you right into the game is not letting you switch the audio to Japanese :V

Believe you me my friend.  If that is the only problem you have with Colours (I'm English) (not saying it is but I wouldn't know that), then you live in a world of cupcakes.  Besides the reason why they did it was to give the classic feel when you started the game straight away.

I'm pretty late to the party, I'm guessing everybody has already seen this?

http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/sonic-lost-world-gameplay/

Pretty sexy, I reckon.

Sonic you're...you're looking pretty fucking good.  This render gets my stamp of Warioproval...although your mouth still seems off.

His fur looks like it's a darker shade of blue, but that may be because the background is particularly brighter.

His pose also looks like his Sonic 06 pose done right.

-------turns out to be a fan made render

=>

I think the last thing Sega should be doing is reverting back to an 2006-esque design anyway.

U Sonic fans are funny.

U Sonic fans are funny.

Well, he's right though. They never would, and I'm glad they wouldn't. :v

• Thumbs Up 2

U Sonic fans are funny.

Ever heard the one about the pot calling the kettle black?

Anyway, I highly doubt there'd be a redesign now, or anytime soon for that matter. Sonic doesn't look any different in that first image they gave us, and I'm sure SEGA is at least somewhat aware of the controversy over redesigns, even if it's exaggerated a lot. (Did anyone actually get angry over green eyes? ... Anyone who matters, I mean?)

And I suspect they'll throw you right into the first level again in this game, although hopefully there will be the option to go into ... well ... the options, first. I can't remember, did Generations do that, or did you press start and then immediately go to Green Hill Act 1?

Because what's the point of bringing in character that we're never going to see again? ESPECIALLY since it's happened in practically every game since Sonic Adventure.

I'd like a game about characters that we know, and where we learn something new about characters that we already know, and where we know that any development made isn't going to be immediately made null with a "BYE NEVER GOING TO SEE YOU AGAIN" ending. I mean I love Merlina and Sharha as much as the next guy, but I don't think every single game needs to have a one-off.

Did Big and Gamma's presence prevent Tails or Amy from getting character development? Why does everyone act like the presence of a new character suddenly means old ones aren't allowed to appear, Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 8

I just want a character other than Sonic playable.

Please SEGA?

At least Tails? Maybe Knuckles? Please?

Please SEGA?

Much agree.  We need a little bit more variety.

Please SEGA?

Hell, I'll settle for just Sonic and Tails.

• Thumbs Up 1

So the new gameplay, new enemies, was real? or fake?
Surprised the TSS writers didn't post that yet.

Hell, I'll settle for just Sonic and Tails.

NO. Just. No. I'm SICK of this clazzikc charactor going like they have an advantage over more modern characters. Why not Blaze? She's not been playable in a main 3D game yet. Why not remember about Shadow or Team Dark in general? Why not Espio? Why the hell it has to be a character from Megadrive era?

I'm not agains Tails, I like the character. It just annoys me that there seems to be some kind of a trend to prefer this trio (Tails, Knuckles, Amy) over the rest of the characters. Playable Tails is great, but not enough. Not for me at least. Give me another character besides Tails who is not Knuckles or Amy. Or make Knuckles playable instead of Tails. The poor guy degraded a lot as a character in recent years and hasn't even appeared in most Unleashed era games so of all characters who deserve to be playable he deserves it the most IMO.

Edited by ArtFenix

when they say new gameplay do they mean different from the boost style gameplay?

Blaze was playable in '06, if only as a side "amigo" character. Although playing as her in a game that's actually good would be nice!

If Tails was playable again, though, I'd be really happy. He was always my fav character in Sonic 3, so I guess there's some nostalgia there, but I really do think it could be fun to fly around and all that stuff. Would probably require a gameplay revamp, though ... or maybe different level designs for different characters.

• Thumbs Up 1