Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I just want a character other than Sonic playable.

Please SEGA?

At least Tails? Maybe Knuckles? Please?

As much as I don't really mind the whole "Sonic-Only" thing, I sure wouldn't mind having Tails and Knuckles as playables, too, providing that their gameplay isn't meh.

• Thumbs Up 5

when they say new gameplay do they mean different from the boost style gameplay?

Don't bet on it. Every new game has "new gameplay". I think they're just capitalising on the fact this isn't Generations 2 and will be a new game entirely. 

NO. Just. No. I'm SICK of this clazzikc charactor going like they have an advantage over more modern characters. Why not Blaze? She's not been playable in a main 3D game yet. Why not remember about Shadow or Team Dark in general? Why not Espio? Why the hell it has to be a character from Megadrive era?

I'm not agains Tails, I like the character. It just annoys me that there seems to be some kind of a trend to prefer this trio (Tails, Knuckles, Amy) over the rest of the characters. Playable Tails is great, but not enough. Not for me at least. Give me another character besides Tails who is not Knuckles or Amy. Or make Knuckles playable instead of Tails. The poor guy degraded a lot as a character in recent years and hasn't even appeared in most Unleashed era games so of all characters who deserve to be playable he deserves it the most IMO.

Dude. I didn't say I only wanted Sonic and Tails. I said I'd be fine if we just got Sonic and Tails.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dude. I didn't say I only wanted Sonic and Tails. I said I'd be fine if we just got Sonic and Tails.

Yeah, sorry). I want a playable Tails too but I just think it is not enough or not what I'd want to have. They've been showing Sonic and Tails in every game after 06 without showing anybody else all that much. I guess that's why I got bored with JUST Sonic and Tails. I want more or something else.

Edited by ArtFenix

While Tails has been around, he hasn't really been doing much, so one could argue he isn't really better off than the rest of the cast. Making him playable would be a good first step, IMO.

Edited by elementofchaos

Don't bet on it. Every new game has "new gameplay". I think they're just capitalising on the fact this isn't Generations 2 and will be a new game entirely. 

so they just told us that a new game will have new gameplay?

lol

Definitely need to focus on a slightly larger cast this time. It'd also be nice if at least Tails was playable, if not a couple others, too.

so they just told us that a new game will have new gameplay?

lol

Basically, yeah.

Who knows if Lost World will have a different type of gameplay to Unleashed-Generations? It could do, but I don;'t believe that statement if any indication of anything.

New Gameplay: Homing attack mapped back to the same button as the boost

They did that in Sonic Unleashed which next to revolutionized sonics gameplay.  I don't think that counts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did Big and Gamma's presence prevent Tails or Amy from getting character development? Why does everyone act like the presence of a new character suddenly means old ones aren't allowed to appear, Jesus Christ.

Except neither Big nor Gamma were one offs. :V  Not to mention Big didn't get any development; his story was literally just "let's waste time". Gamma's free will and death even played a minor role in Sonic Battle, where his friends are happy to see him only to find out that it's just his shell with a new AI inside.  That development actually led to something moderately interesting.  Chip learning that Sonic is his bestest buddy and that he's not just a little dog thing is probably never going to come up again.  Ever.

And with the stories being similar to singular episodes of a noncontiguous cartoon, odds are that if there's any character development, it's going to be for the shiny new guy that dies at the end and/or the titular character.

Edited by Game & Wario

Except neither Big nor Gamma were one offs. :V Not to mention Big didn't get any development; his story was literally just "let's waste time". Gamma's free will and death even played a minor role in Sonic Battle, where his friends are happy to see him only to find out that it's just his shell with a new AI inside. That development actually led to something moderately interesting. Chip learning that Sonic is his bestest buddy and that he's not just a little dog thing is probably never going to come up again. Ever.

And with the stories being similar to singular episodes of a noncontiguous cartoon, odds are that if there's any character development, it's going to be for the shiny new guy that dies at the end and/or the titular character.

So what applied to Gamma can never ever apply again because...

They did that in Sonic Unleashed which next to revolutionized sonics gameplay.  I don't think that counts.

And if they were to do it again, it wouldn't be new.

Big didn't get any development; his story was literally just "let's waste time".

Sonic Adventure 1

the realization that I was indeed fishing in a sonic game.

priceless

• Thumbs Up 1

So what applied to Gamma can never ever apply again because...

Then they wouldn't be one-offs, and I have absolutely no problem with that other than the cast already being large enough that several characters are likely never going to be touched again.  If they were to return later on then the argument is null.

But it doesn't make SENSE for everyone to come back, just like it doesn't make sense (or it least it just gets old) to have a Friend of the Week in every single game.  It just seems like worthless faffing about.  Sure, you could ask "Why not?" but at the same time you could ask "What's the point?".

Everyone's a one-shot the first time they appear. There's nothing wrong with introducing a character for one game, giving them a satisfying role, and then saying hey, maybe we'll see them again some day, and maybe not.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this.

But Chip pretty much died at the end of Unleashed (going back to sleep for millions of years seems fairly permanent, at least).  Tikal has no reason to return (barring an EXACT repeat of SA's story), neither do Sharha or Merlina (again, barring a return to worlds Sonic has no reason/means to return to); you could argue that Marine does, at least.  I don't mind bringing old one-offs back, but to have to rewrite the rules of the universe to do so?

Edited by Game & Wario

Everyone's a one-shot the first time they appear. There's nothing wrong with introducing a character for one game, giving them a satisfying role, and then saying hey, maybe we'll see them again some day, and maybe not.

There's a problem when it happens too frequently to the point where almost every character fits that bill. But yeah, I agree.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this.

But Chip pretty much died at the end of Unleashed (going back to sleep for millions of years seems fairly permanent, at least).  Tikal has no reason to return (barring an EXACT repeat of SA's story), neither do Sharha or Merlina (again, barring a return to worlds Sonic has no reason/means to return to); you could argue that Marine does, at least.  I don't mind bringing old one-offs back, but to have to rewrite the rules of the universe to do so?

Well it's also ok to not bring them back.

Well it's also ok to not bring them back.

YOU

YOU

HOW DARE YOU BE PLEASANT

except for when the bring them back

927124_20051121_screen001.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Then they wouldn't be one-offs, and I have absolutely no problem with that other than the cast already being large enough that several characters are likely never going to be touched again.  If they were to return later on then the argument is null.

But it doesn't make SENSE for everyone to come back, just like it doesn't make sense (or it least it just gets old) to have a Friend of the Week in every single game.  It just seems like worthless faffing about.  Sure, you could ask "Why not?" but at the same time you could ask "What's the point?".

...So then just don't bring old ones back. Like Dio said, there's nothing wrong with introducing a new character and fleshing them out and leaving it open ended if they'll come back. I'd rather that than just stick to the recurring characters for every game ever.

...So then just don't bring old ones back. Like Dio said, there's nothing wrong with introducing a new character and fleshing them out and leaving it open ended if they'll come back. I'd rather that than just stick to the recurring characters for every game ever.

Yeah, it would get boring.

But we've had a one off for practically every game since Adventure.  I think you could stand to go a few without one.

Yeah, it would get boring.

But we've had a one off for practically every game since Adventure.  I think you could stand to go a few without one.

There's really no reason to not have one offs aside from the fact that they tend to suck, and if that's the case just make them not suck. simple. I'm still not seeing the problem here.

There's really no reason to not have one offs aside from the fact that they tend to suck, and if that's the case just make them not suck. simple. I'm still not seeing the problem here.

It's just an honest difference in opinion.  I'd rather see our current characters used more, and you'd rather have more variety.

Unless one of us has a drastic change of opinion, I doubt us arguing about it is going to lead anywhere but in circles.