Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I figured this would be the case. That said, how do you guys think the guardians would be like?

Best case scenario?  Repurposed "lost" characters; modernized and stylized Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, and Bark (and Honey...?) would be sexy.

Most likely scenario?  Six moderately creative, minimally memorable guys.

Worst case scenario, six recolors of the same guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm kinda hoping that more than just what was supposedly leaked on FB will be revealed on the 29th, I'

Im hoping for a teaser trailer and some gameplay screenshots and possibly some character renders.

Im hoping for a teaser trailer and some gameplay screenshots and possibly some character renders.

Fuck a teaser.  I want to know how the game plays, not how the CG will look.

I know this is completely unrealistic for Sega but I can dream.

Edited by Game & Wario
  • Thumbs Up 1

Best case scenario? Repurposed "lost" characters; modernized and stylized Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, and Bark (and Honey...?) would be sexy.

I can imagine Mighty as a guardian, perhaps the one that ends up joining the crew after hes defeated. Nack would make a nice bad guardian. Bark could totally pull off being a shield wall of a guardian.

Bean tho, I'm not so sure, it would be nice to have a true crazy (going by his Archie persona) in the cast but I dunno if I can imagine him as a guardian, tho stranger things have happened. And Ray (also going by his Archie persona) would be a pretty fail guardian, he's usually rather whimpy and stuff. But then again being repurposed I guess they could give them all personality overhauls huh.

Best case scenario?  Repurposed "lost" characters; modernized and stylized Mighty, Ray, Fang, Bean, and Bark (and Honey...?) would be sexy.

I wouldn't mind something like this, especially given the whole "lost" concept, but really what are the chances of Sega doing this AND doing it decently?

Aw man it's almost the end of Wensday and still no news, Maybe it was just another red herring the the Monday thing.sad.png

I can imagine Mighty as a guardian, perhaps the one that ends up joining the crew after hes defeated. Nack would make a nice bad guardian. Bark could totally pull off being a shield wall of a guardian.

Bean tho, I'm not so sure, it would be nice to have a true crazy (going by his Archie persona) in the cast but I dunno if I can imagine him as a guardian, tho stranger things have happened. And Ray (also going by his Archie persona) would be a pretty fail guardian, he's usually rather whimpy and stuff. But then again being repurposed I guess they could give them all personality overhauls huh.

Oh, so we talking old, scrapped characters now, huh?

I dunno about you guys, but I don't think any of the old, scrapped characters will be the guardians in this game. I think it would be just all new characters. That is just me, though.

The news will be comming literally a week from today, patience bro.

Edited by Soniman

Oh, so we talking old, scrapped characters now, huh?

I dunno about you guys, but I don't think any of the old, scrapped characters will be the guardians in this game. I think it would be just all new characters. That is just me, though.

That's why I said "Best case scenario".

>:V COME THE FUCK ON PEOPLE

Edited by Game & Wario

>:V COME THE FUCK ON PEOPLE

Woah, calm down there! No need to cuss.

Edited by Flamerstreak

Fuck a teaser.  I want to know how the game plays, not how the CG will look.

I know this is completely unrealistic for Sega but I can dream.

Exactly, with the way Generations teased us with CG that wasn't even in the game I want gameplay first and CG stuff later 

Cussing is pretty common here bro, there's no rules that are downright against it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Cussing is pretty common here bro, there's no rules that are downright against it.

I am aware of that. It is just that I found it to be unnecessary in this situation, even though it can be done regardless.

Yeah Wario you fricker, stop your dang swearing.

I really don't want any "lost" characters, even if it would fit the title. :P ST gave them a nod in Generations, but I doubt it'll go further than that and I really don't think Mighty or Ray would be all that interesting. At most, Fang could be cool, but it depends on how they'd handle it.

I'm hoping if there's a teaser they maybe hint at the gameplay. Like how Sonic used the slide in the Generations reveal, or something like that.

I am aware of that. It is just that I found it to be unnecessary in this situation, even though it can be done regardless.

Foul mouths are necessary in every fucking situation.

Anyway, I wonder if we're gonna have a Supes' final boss again.

• Thumbs Up 3

Wario, what the fuck. I mean shit dawg. Calm you damn self. Bitch balls....

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah Wario you fricker, stop your dang swearing.

I really don't want any "lost" characters, even if it would fit the title. tongue.png ST gave them a nod in Generations, but I doubt it'll go further than that and I really don't think Mighty or Ray would be all that interesting. At most, Fang could be cool, but it depends on how they'd handle it.

I'm hoping if there's a teaser they maybe hint at the gameplay. Like how Sonic used the slide in the Generations reveal, or something like that.

You know, you didn't have to say the first line.

Also, to try and get back on topic away fron the swearing thing, I would not actually mind old, scrapped characters being in this game, even as guardians. Though while it is unlikely that they will come back, you never know. One day, maybe the scrapped characters will make a return.

As always I would say this would be a great idea, and all we can do is hope for the best

Speaking only personally, I almost find some of these forgotten characters almost as bad as brand new ones if we're talking about Sega wasting their current cast on focusing too much on new ones. In a way I'd rather have stories dealing with Knuckles/Amy/Shadow/Metal Sonic/Rouge/Cream/Big/Blaze/Silver, especially since many have been used a lot more recently, and in Generations, Racing and Colours DS even, so it would feel more fitting in a sense to focus on them. I honestly wouldn't mind giving Sega a chance to reintroduce Silver as an actually decent character potentially alongside Blaze with some wibbly-wobbly stuff.

They can have a Super Sonic final boss as long as they don't use that god aweful supa music from Sonic 4 :/

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno, from what's been said on the matter by ex-staff they're pretty adamant about not bringing them back. Like, it's not even apathy any more. 

If Sonic Team is afraid of too many characters at once, they should give Tails a break.

I would like to see a game with solely Sonic and Knuckles, or Sonic and Insert Character Here.

Or, even better: I want to see them give Sonic the triple A budget it deserves and make a really badass title with DLC's that focus on each character, adding them through the story and unlocking them by completion of their DLC's.

Edit: It's win-win, because if you don't like certain characters, you don't have to experience them. If you hate Shadow, don't buy him, and if you want a fix of Blaze, add her to the game with your money.

Edited by tenchibr
  • Thumbs Up 4

Or, even better: I want to see them give Sonic the triple A budget it deserves and make a really badass title with DLC's that focus on each character, adding them through the story and unlocking them by completion of their DLC's.

Sonic really doesn't deserve any triple A budget right now, we're not the best franchise or something, despite how much we like it.

We need to get a revolutionary game first or a long row of good games before that. 

Considering SEGA's money problems though, it may never happen... unless Nintendo.

Sorry it came as rude, it's just that Woun twice now claimed stuff was coming, both for Monday, and then in Famitsu.

And he was a super sleuth during the Colors era. sad.png

Just, assumptions have been the Japanese people in twitter. 

Thought the information is coming in the next issue.

lltFCq3.jpg

Information about changes WiiU & 3DS is, but they said nothing about Sonic. Now everyone japanese is waiting for the next release May 30.

EDIT: About monday, SEGA of Europe usually make the publication on the weekdays. After they announced the exact date - May 29. :3

Edited by Woun