Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Hype time? Hype time.

I'm hoping this "adventure to another planet" formula becomes another staple to the series. The more weird the worlds are, the better they look.

Edited by Auto

I'm kinda disappointed with the high chance of only six zones if I'm honest. Ah well, can't win 'em all I suppose. The guardians do look incredibly interesting though.

Not really disappointed but i'd like more zones. On the other hand we seem to get variety and the acts might be pretty good length

Edited by frokenok3

We told you so tongue.png

Looks like our TSS commenters were right on the dot.

Wish they dragged the image to their desktop or made a screengrab when it first leaked. I've learned to do that by default, never know...

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm kinda disappointed with the high chance of only six zones if I'm honest. Ah well, can't win 'em all I suppose. The guardians do look incredibly interesting though.

This this this this this!

I think we'll bet getting a game of Colours size- 6 full zones and 1 final zone with each zone having 2 full acts and several ministages/missions. The pictures of the Lost World itself already reveals siz different zones. I doubt now that there'll be more than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wish they dragged the image to their desktop or made a screengrab when it first leaked. I've learned to do that by default, never know...

That's what I didn't understand. 2 or 3 people mentioned it in the TSS comments and not one of them thought to screengrab it? :-S It would have been the first thing I thought to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

H'ok, let's go.

NIGEuMk.png

Not-Bowser basically looks like Bowser if he slimmed down. Being front-and-center, having the biggest horns, the most heroic proportions, and (from the twitpic) being red means he's likely the leader in some capacity.

Grimmace is the Big Guy of the group. Interestingly from what we can see he's probably the closest to having a design in line with existing Sonic characters (if the existing characters you're thinking of happen to be Big and Storm). Unless he's wearing a spiked helmet or something he appears to have more horns than anyone else.

The Girl is the only apparent female of the group. She's got the most human-like proportions, presumably for the sake of looking sexy. Likely to be kind of Rouge-ish. Appears to have only one horn.

Slumpy is...odd. He's got some kind of weird elephant seal thing going on with his face. Also you can see some sort of sparkle kind of thing in this pic, between his hand and his mouth...no idea what it could be, and it's not visible in the other picture so it might not even be anything.

Waluigi is tall, thin, and angular. At first I thought he had three horns, but I'm pretty sure he's got more of a mohawk sort of deal (think Lemmy Koopa) and just two kinked horns. I can't tell if that's supposed to be a mustache, a thin tongue, or what. Dude's probably kind of a weirdo.

Staff Rider's some small little thing riding a wooden staff. It's so small and compact that I can't really tell anything else.

I'd say the fella to the right looks like this guy:

electrabuzz.gif

but pretty much i don't have to add something else. Ninty helped with designs xD

Edited by frokenok3
  • Thumbs Up 6

This this this this this!

I think we'll bet getting a game of Colours size- 6 full zones and 1 final zone with each zone having 2 full acts and several ministages/missions. The pictures of the Lost World itself already reveals siz different zones. I doubt now that there'll be more than that.

Well taking a look at this, the levels themselves look HUGE, more so than in Colors, and keep in mind that we're just seeing ONE half of the world so far so I'm sure even if it is just 6 zones it will have a decent amount of content.

Can we not call these guys "guardians"? The commenter on TSS confirmed that was just what he guessed they were.

That's what I didn't understand. 2 or 3 people mentioned it in the TSS comments and not one of them thought to screengrab it? :-S It would have been the first thing I thought to do.
That's why I didn't believe it at first too. We should give seminars to those people so next time they'll get pics.
  • Thumbs Up 3

So these Guardians have their silhouette shown. I wonder if they will be actual villains or just people who are duped into thinking Sonic's the villain. I hope it is the former.

Edited by Blue Warrior

Can we not call these guys "guardians"? The commenter on TSS confirmed that was just what he guessed they were.
Nah, let's called them the Guardians for now until we know who they are. Most likely they will be in some capacity anyways.

*post*

At first I thought Slumpy was some kind of old Echidna (because of the hands), but it looks more like an alien lobster.

Also, useless detail but all the "males" are wearing spiked bracelets, can't seem to find one for The Girl.

Edited by gato

Admittedly we only have their silhoeuttes to go with at the moment, but I really like the look of these designs. Sure they're a bit unorthodox, but I think it's in a good way, as opposed to, say, Iblis or something.

My personal favourites are the muscled guy for being Slim Jim!Bowser, and the thin guy for basically being the bastard child of Waluigi and Discord.

• Thumbs Up 2

These guardians look interesting. Some of them remind me of the night monsters of Sonic Unleashed, which is not a bad thing at all. I am interested in seeing how these guys really look. Can't wait.

So guys. Who, out of the guardians, do you think looks the most interesting?

I'd probably say the one that everyone believes is a girl.

If it turns out to be true, nice to see a female character get a large role again.

Hmm... All seem to have horns, and with the exception of "grimmace" (who is big anyway so it could be obscured) All seem to have tails... Same species? If I had to put elements/animals to them, I'd do this: Slumpy: Water. He just looks like a fish... Waluigi: Trees. He looks like some kind of monkey thing. Not-Bowser: Lava, dead cert. He looks like either a bull or a dragon... Grimmace: Ice. He looks like he's made for cold. He even looks like he's wearing mittens... He's putting me in mind of Bark the Polar bear. His body type makes me think of penguins and seals. I have no Ideas for locations for the other two, but Staff Rider makes me think of a bee. Also, am I the only one who thinks Staff Rider could be female? That "staff" looks a little like a skirt...

We can get the exact time of the announcement. Says Japanese twitter, it will be May 30: ”ティザーサイトに謎のシルエットが!!彼らは敵!?それとも味方!?詳細は30 日に公開!”at the beginning of the day.

Current time: 3PM GMT May 29, like a today. 

Okay, I think all cooked popcorn and lots of candy. :3

Sweet! It's most likely a CG trailer but huzzah anyway!

Looks nice, certainly getting an Unleashed art direction vibe from them.

I too hope for NOT 6 zones... how great would it be if they pulled some Mega Man-esque shit and after we've done the 6 seemingly main zones the whole scenario changes and rather than just one, they throw another 4 or 5 at us?

• Thumbs Up 6

With these guardians, it looks like Lost World could be story-heavy, which is good to hear....unless the story is just complete bollocks....