Carbo

Sonic Lost World Announced

Well the designs sure look interesting and this gives many possibilities as to how they will interact with Sonic. 

Most likely they will be one time only and i hope they are Foes to be honest. Or they are foes up to one point and then go and become allies for whatever reason

The one third from the left looks like a small round little green/blue dude standing on top of a staff, if you ask me. You can sorta make out his arms and feet.

Oh. OH! Oh okay, yeah, that makes sense. Looks good to me.

Well the designs sure look interesting and this gives many possibilities as to how they will interact with Sonic. 

Most likely they will be one time only and i hope they are Foes to be honest. Or they are foes up to one point and then go and become allies for whatever reason

I can imagine these guys either being "possessed" guardians that you have to fight to turn them good again, or you have beat the stage boss or whatever to "free" them or something.

Either way, im curious to see how Eggman ties into all of this.

From left to right:

1. Feminine, big hairdo, think Meloetta.  Green-tinted, appears to have a single horn atop its head.  Curved tail.

2. Looks like it has green legs and green wrist clamps, but the rest is purple.  Lanky and springy.  Those horns are hard to parse... wait, no they aren't, he just has a sprig of hair in-between them.

3. Tiny square-ish fuzzball standing on top of a hefty club.  Oddly, the tail looks like it's coming from the club.  Yellow-ish horn points.

4. Huge red guy, obviously the most iconic of the guardians and the one we'll be seeing the most of.  Probably the leader?  Predominantly red but with turquoise armour and hair.

5. Huge bulky yellow guy, three pink horns, appears to have aquamarine feet with two yellow talons on each.

6. Very old, bent over on a cane.  Dark blue.  Some odd featuers I can't parse; I think it only has one horn, but there's a lot of weirdness going on around its hands and nose.  Not likely to be a particularly menacing guardian unless he has magic, in which case he'll be the most powerful.

Frankly, they don't look very Sonic to me, but they are just silhouettes so far.  Looking forward to the 29th.

I can imagine these guys either being "possessed" guardians that you have to fight to turn them good again, or you have beat the stage boss or whatever to "free" them or something.

Hopefully he will tie into this. Also what you said, either they being manipulated...or possesed from something.

Just had a 3&K vibe all of a sudden.

Eggman goes to this Lost World, tricks guardians to think that Sonic is the enemy, fights ensue, the guardians realise Eggman's true plan etc.

Calling it.

I'm kinda disappointed with the high chance of only six zones if I'm honest. Ah well, can't win 'em all I suppose. The guardians do look incredibly interesting though.

Edited by Super Spindash

Hype time? Hype time.

I'm hoping this "adventure to another planet" formula becomes another staple to the series. The more weird the worlds are, the better they look.

Edited by Auto

I'm kinda disappointed with the high chance of only six zones if I'm honest. Ah well, can't win 'em all I suppose. The guardians do look incredibly interesting though.

Not really disappointed but i'd like more zones. On the other hand we seem to get variety and the acts might be pretty good length

Edited by frokenok3

This this this this this!

I think we'll bet getting a game of Colours size- 6 full zones and 1 final zone with each zone having 2 full acts and several ministages/missions. The pictures of the Lost World itself already reveals siz different zones. I doubt now that there'll be more than that.

Wish they dragged the image to their desktop or made a screengrab when it first leaked. I've learned to do that by default, never know...

That's what I didn't understand. 2 or 3 people mentioned it in the TSS comments and not one of them thought to screengrab it? :-S It would have been the first thing I thought to do.

H'ok, let's go.

NIGEuMk.png

Not-Bowser basically looks like Bowser if he slimmed down. Being front-and-center, having the biggest horns, the most heroic proportions, and (from the twitpic) being red means he's likely the leader in some capacity.

Grimmace is the Big Guy of the group. Interestingly from what we can see he's probably the closest to having a design in line with existing Sonic characters (if the existing characters you're thinking of happen to be Big and Storm). Unless he's wearing a spiked helmet or something he appears to have more horns than anyone else.

The Girl is the only apparent female of the group. She's got the most human-like proportions, presumably for the sake of looking sexy. Likely to be kind of Rouge-ish. Appears to have only one horn.

Slumpy is...odd. He's got some kind of weird elephant seal thing going on with his face. Also you can see some sort of sparkle kind of thing in this pic, between his hand and his mouth...no idea what it could be, and it's not visible in the other picture so it might not even be anything.

Waluigi is tall, thin, and angular. At first I thought he had three horns, but I'm pretty sure he's got more of a mohawk sort of deal (think Lemmy Koopa) and just two kinked horns. I can't tell if that's supposed to be a mustache, a thin tongue, or what. Dude's probably kind of a weirdo.

Staff Rider's some small little thing riding a wooden staff. It's so small and compact that I can't really tell anything else.

I'd say the fella to the right looks like this guy:

electrabuzz.gif

but pretty much i don't have to add something else. Ninty helped with designs xD

Edited by frokenok3

This this this this this!

I think we'll bet getting a game of Colours size- 6 full zones and 1 final zone with each zone having 2 full acts and several ministages/missions. The pictures of the Lost World itself already reveals siz different zones. I doubt now that there'll be more than that.

Well taking a look at this, the levels themselves look HUGE, more so than in Colors, and keep in mind that we're just seeing ONE half of the world so far so I'm sure even if it is just 6 zones it will have a decent amount of content.

That's what I didn't understand. 2 or 3 people mentioned it in the TSS comments and not one of them thought to screengrab it? :-S It would have been the first thing I thought to do.
That's why I didn't believe it at first too. We should give seminars to those people so next time they'll get pics.

So these Guardians have their silhouette shown. I wonder if they will be actual villains or just people who are duped into thinking Sonic's the villain. I hope it is the former.

Edited by Blue Warrior

Can we not call these guys "guardians"? The commenter on TSS confirmed that was just what he guessed they were.
Nah, let's called them the Guardians for now until we know who they are. Most likely they will be in some capacity anyways.

*post*

At first I thought Slumpy was some kind of old Echidna (because of the hands), but it looks more like an alien lobster.

Also, useless detail but all the "males" are wearing spiked bracelets, can't seem to find one for The Girl.

Edited by gato

Admittedly we only have their silhoeuttes to go with at the moment, but I really like the look of these designs. Sure they're a bit unorthodox, but I think it's in a good way, as opposed to, say, Iblis or something.

My personal favourites are the muscled guy for being Slim Jim!Bowser, and the thin guy for basically being the bastard child of Waluigi and Discord.