Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

so are the new characters going to be characters that SEGA made up or are they from the Archie Comic Book because the guy with the Knuckles type gloves looks like Thrash the Tasmanian Devil. 

I'm happy that we finally get to see new characters again that'll probably play a big part in the game. I like the designs to the guardians so far. Atleast we know that they don't look like a bunch of Sonic clones with the same very similar designs.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'd probably say the one that everyone believes is a girl.

If it turns out to be true, nice to see a female character get a large role again.

I'm secretly hoping Shade 2.0 isn't the girl of the group. We haven't had a female character in this franchise that wasn't stereotypically cute or fanservice-y.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the designs. Any character in this series that isn't the standard Sonic-shape-and-proportions tend to be my favorites these days because we already have too many of those samey designs.

Plus the Wisps looked like nothing else from the series too and everyone loved 'em so maybe it'll be the same deal here...except hopefully these guys can talk.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 6

Seriously, the one in the middle, looks like Bowser's cousin. Something is telling me that Nintendo have more than just a finger on this game. Also, that female guardian, reminds of that ghost from the Unleashed short.

page02_img_07..jpg

I dunno, first thing that came in mind, but yeah, definitely looks like it's going to follow Unleashed's style, Pixar-esque.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 3

That's what I thought at first, but then...

*snip*

We can also say so far, at the very least, they're more fitting than the Black Arms are purely on shape alone. :P

I can really see what people are saying about the Unleashed style design going on here, either way. I mean, how they look just from silohuettes and their posing... they've already got so much character to them, each being completely unique in structure! Really hope these guys are explored more than the Wisps were, there's a whole ton of alien design potential now that we've got such varied designs like these.

I like the designs. Any character in this series that isn't the standard Sonic-shape-and-proportions tend to be my favorites these days because we already have too many of those samey designs.

Plus the Wisps looked like nothing else from the series too and everyone loved 'em so maybe it'll be the same deal here...except hopefully these guys can talk.

Inb4 what Blue Blood and me said in Gameplay thread becomes the real deal and the Gamepad becomes a "Miles Electric" menu and let us understand them and stuff

This looks somewhat RPG-ish to me. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of the Guardian designs - they look like your generic elemental creatures. Then again, this series is aimed at 12-year-old boys, so I understand the decision. I'd personally rather stick with Flickies, or maybe throw in some old characters like Bark, Mighty, and Fang.

Now gives us renders of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and I'll be fucking hype as hell.

• Thumbs Up 5

We can get the exact time of the announcement. Says Japanese twitter, it will be May 30: ”ティザーサイトに謎のシルエットが!!彼らは敵!?それとも味方!?詳細は30 日に公開!”at the beginning of the day.

Current time: 3PM GMT May 29, like a today. 

Okay, I think all cooked popcorn and lots of candy. :3

Show me how to cook candy please

As for the image, I'll stick with what Inferno said. We've got a lot of Sonic-y designs and not too many who have unique proportions. I'm more than fine with this as well. 

Edited by Jetronic

That's what I thought at first, but then...

DarkGaiaMinions2.png

And...

Iblis_Biter_02.jpg

So in the end...

Iblis monsters look more like Chaos in terms of design. Unleashed are not exactly OK, but look more like twisted badniks. These look like your typical pixar conveyor movie characters.

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Inb4 what Blue Blood and me said in Gameplay thread becomes the real deal and the Gamepad becomes a "Miles Electric" menu and let us understand them and stuff

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and

Yacker, then Classic Sonic. Plz Sega, don't do the "Sonic, Tails, Eggman, and a tag-a-long friend that can't speak" thing again. 

Then again turning the gamepad into a Miles Electric type device of any sort would be pretty cool and it'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't. Just no more translation shenanigans...

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

This looks somewhat RPG-ish to me. I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of the Guardian designs - they look like your generic elemental creatures. Then again, this series is aimed at 12-year-old boys, so I understand the decision. I'd personally rather stick with Flickies, or maybe throw in some old characters like Bark, Mighty, and Fang.

Same here

Now go ahead an put Sonic next to one of these monsters and tells me which one blends with Sonic more.

I'd say with these.

SRACoconut.PNGcoconutcrew.png

Seriously, why the hell outright copy Monsters Inc. when Sonic series has it's own design of creatures?! WHY?!

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 5

Seriously, why the hell outright copy Monsters Inc. when Sonic series has it's own design of creatures?! WHY?!

I know, right? Waluigi there is clearly a Randall ripoff. 0/10 worst game ever not buying.

Edited by Longshoreman X
  • Thumbs Up 1

Randall.png

Monsters University tie in confirmed!

First Disney buy Marvel, then Lucasfilm & now SEGA!

Now gives us renders of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and I'll be fucking hype as hell.

And Shadow and Amy.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say with these.

SRACoconut.PNGcoconutcrew.png

But those characters has the same designs but with different outfits on. That's boring.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'm actually reminded of something else. Sure, it does look very Modern Sonic fantasy creature-esque, but...

Remember the initial concept for Sonic 1, back when there was Madonna and all?

That was really surreal, and more stylized than anything in Sonic we've seen since. I'm actually reminded of those - Maybe they're taking a bit of inspiration from there, too? I mean, I see a bit of Wisp influence, a bit of Gaias and all, but yeah - could they a slight development gag on Sonic 1's initial concepts?

• Thumbs Up 3