Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Am I the only one getting Skylanders vibes from these?

Oh no..............

I was pondering that maybe the green haired one ISN'T a girl, but then I looked at her thighs with attention (shut up I was looking at every bit of backlight on everyone's sillhouettes) and noticed zettai ryouiki.

It's a girl.

But Nintendo's helping.

We could have another Birdo on our hands here..

Birdo_Super_Mario_Bros.png

>w>

• Thumbs Up 5

In this size, we can conduct the analysis.

Seeing the light form of the characters, etc.

HN2PBT1.jpg

I like how the female(pls be a female lol) is in Sonic pose.

Also the shadow to the right holds an eye glass. The gentleman that doesn't fight himself lol.

The Waluigi shadow looks Mushu like

Some of them are too skinny, others look too fat. And not just fat like Big or Storm, but exaggeratedly fat. This "girl" got hydrocephalous head.

They're fantasy creatures, they don't need realistic proportions.

• Thumbs Up 7

Define Unique and different.

Something that's not a total ripoff of another franchise.

Make those guardians to NOT look like they all have serious lifetime diseases would be a good start. Now they just look ugly and inattractive.

Yeah, I've been living in a cave with Sonic adventure games. Why'd you ruin everything, SEGA?

"Sonic characters should be unique and fresh!!!"

"That's why I want everyone to look exactly the same!!!"

I was talking about body proportions, shut up. The coconut crew is an example. The gueardians could have been different animals that haven't been used before in the series. Or at least chronicles. THAT was something that at least didn't look like such a ripoff.

Edited by ArtFenix

I didn't know Pixar copyrighted the concept of a silhouette.

Yeah, we don't even actually know what they LOOK like come to think of it, so yeah. Stop gun jumping, people!

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 4

Something that's not a total ripoff of another franchise.

That's pretty disingenuous since Sonic is a total ripoff of Looney Tunes by your definition.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm try drawing them and see how many ways the characters could look.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 points I have to make:

1 - So, it's obvious by now that the other standard Sonic characters probably will not make an appearance on this title, or at the very least, that none of them are one of the guardians. I also think it's safe to assume that these guardians, however likable they might turn out to be, will be just one-offs.

2 - Thinking back to Generations and the empty (no pun intended) space promises of incoming DLC, I am gonna be pissed if ST decides to make POTENTIAL DLC space by leaving holes in the world that get filled when you purchase levels, only for them to forget about them and then we end up with a world with holes in them.

Edited by tenchibr

That's pretty disingenuous since Sonic is a total ripoff of Looney Tunes by your definition.

And the Felix the Cat.

I'm definitely getting Nintendo character vibes from these characters.  Not like that's a bad thing, I actually quite like the looks of those silhouettes so far and am eager to see what the full designs look like.

H'ok, let's go.

NIGEuMk.png

Staff Rider's some small little thing riding a wooden staff. It's so small and compact that I can't really tell anything else.

Speculation: The Staff Rider is wreck_it_ralph___the_ghost_orange_by_gio Clyde the Ghost, as I can see the resemblance.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if each of the guardians will give Sonic a unique ability or something when he saves/releases/befriends/defeats one of them? Having natural Sonic power-ups would be pretty cool.

It's like you haven't actually ever seen cartoon characters.

Show me another girl with such a big head, another guy this skinny, and another diseased sharkman.

They're fantasy creatures, they don't need realistic proportions.

Shrek movies are nice example of fantasy creatures with realistic proportions.

I've never been fascinated by bosses in Sonic games.

Yet when I saw these, they really made me look forward to the fights we will have in the game. Cool designs.

EDIT: IF THESE ARE BOSSES

If they're not.. then the designs are pretty cool for allies.

Edited by Autosaver

I think it's funny cause this is something that people been begging for months. They want Sonic Team to 'stop playing it safe' and do  something original and new and when they do people complain that it's not Sonicy like and compares it to Pixar movies and Mario. They can't win. 

Sonic fandom in a nutshell, everyone.

• Thumbs Up 8