Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I was talking about body proportions, shut up. The coconut crew is an example. The gueardians could have been different animals that haven't been used before in the series. Or at least chronicles. THAT was something that at least didn't look like such a ripoff.

It's 2013. It's practically impossible for any franchise or series to do something these days or create characters that don't look even a little like they were borrowed from or inspired by another existing idea or design. As long as they put their own unique spin on them then they'll be fine. These days its pretty much all about the unique spin. What any concept reminds the person of shouldn't be too much of a big deal beyond the initial "cool I'm getting _____ vibes from this."

• Thumbs Up 4

Show me another girl with such a big head, another guy this skinny, and another diseased sharkman.

Smoochum, Pokémon.  Waluigi, Super Mario Bros.  Armaggon, Ninja Turtles.

fucking next.

• Thumbs Up 4

Wouldn't it be absoloutely hilarious if they turned out to be playable.  Like we finally get playable characters outside of Sonic again and they're these guys.

And the review scores went down the drain..............

• Thumbs Up 7

Show me another girl with such a big head, another guy this skinny, and another diseased sharkman.

Shrek movies are nice example of fantasy creatures with realistic proportions.

You can't even tell, they're sillouhettes.

That is obviously the girl's "hair" or equivelant, with her head only taking up space near the top.

Or are you going to assume she only has one arm as well because we can't see two?

• Thumbs Up 2

None of these characters look like they're from Monsters Inc. or any other Pixar thing.

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Alright, I will stop now. You may as well do as you please. Continue defending everything SEGA shoves at you under the brand "Sonic the hedgehog" because soon it will have little to do with what it used to be and you will finally get your precious Sonic that looks like your dear saturday morning cartoon.  ...or maybe one day Sonic himself will get a redesign and will be added to the pokedex because there he will finally be where he belongs.

Have a nice day!

Edited by ArtFenix

Wouldn't it be absoloutely hilarious if they turned out to be playable.  Like we finally get playable characters outside of Sonic again and they're these guys.

It'd be even funnier if they actually had amazingly unique gameplay and overshadowed Sonic himself.

• Thumbs Up 3

now that I look at it the one on the staff looks like he's gonna have a wicked stache

I'm getting Monsters, Inc. vibes from one or two of them.

Makes sense, seeing how humans are The Incredibles style.

Ms. Pac-Man, Waluigi, Johnny? I dunno, but they surely exist.

Oh man, I can just imagine that happening. XD;

Has this piece of art been posted yet?

Sonic-and-Tailes.png

(source)

Jango has it in his sig, but I think it's the first I've seen of it at such a high res.

Whoa.

That looks beautiful!

Sonic-and-Tailes.png

(source)

Jango has it in his sig, but I think it's the first I've seen of it at such a high res.

DAYUM, son.  That is some CLASSIC AS HELL Tornado, right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

facedesk-o.gif

I'm out.

Call me when this thread gets better.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 7

Alright, I will stop now. You may as well do as you please. Continue defending everything SEGA shoves at you under the brand "Sonic the hedgehog" because soon it will have little to do with what it used to be and you will finally get your precious Sonic that looks like your dear saturday morning cartoon. Have a nice day!

Kbai, come back when you actually have something worth arguing.

Edited by Azure Yakuzu
  • Thumbs Up 2

HN2PBT1.jpg

The one at the top looks green, so I think she'll be the forest level's guardian.

Mushu on the far left looks like he's the guardian of Volcano World.

The guy with the shark fin looks like he'll be the Water World guardian.

Grimace looks like he'd be the guardian of a rock level, but since the Savannah level looks like the closest thing we have to that, he'll probably be there.

Wooden staff Pikachu looks like he's the desert guardian.

And obviously the middle guy is their leader.

Wow, I would say that you just destroyed any credibility you had left, but that that would imply you had much to begin with.

Well I'd expect no less of a reply from the likes of you.

Kbai, come back when you actually have something worth arguing.

I'll come back once you regain your ability to argue, alright.

Edited by ArtFenix

Show me another girl with such a big head,

We don't really know how much of that is head and how much is hair. Betty Boop had a pretty huge head, tho'. 

another guy this skinny,

Jack Skellington, easy.

and another diseased sharkman.

If you're talking about Slumpy, he reminds me a bit of Emmitt Nervend.

Well I'd expect no less of a reply from the likes of you.

I'll come back once you regain your ability to argue, alright.

Dude...c'mon.

The last word isn't worth digging your hole deeper.  Just drop it.

Also, Ice Guardian is going to be the chick, calling it.

Alright, I will stop now. You may as well do as you please. Continue defending everything SEGA shoves at you under the brand "Sonic the hedgehog" because soon it will have little to do with what it used to be

Man it already doesn't. This at least looks interesting.

and you will finally get your precious Sonic that looks like your dear saturday morning cartoon.

Sonic and Saturday morning cartoons, two things which have most definitely never intersected in any way.
  • Thumbs Up 8

Wait, then who is the Ice level guardian?

...I actually don't think I thought of that.

I'm not sure, to be honest.

Sonic-and-Tailes.png

(source)

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but the fact they're using a prettied up 4:2 design of the Tornado instead of the Unleashed design (that also appeared in the one Generations mission with Tails, just prior to 4:2) is pretty encouraging about how much more of the 'classic' style they're trying to merge with the Modern style!

Along with these really encouraging Guardians shadows, I'm really hyped for Sonic's general direction post-Generations now.