Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

I kinda like the one on the far left, I'm calling it a she for now, for some reason she reminds me of some random character from an old cartoon show, but I can't remember what or who, for some reason I think they had red hair? Any ideas? I think they could fly?

Jessica Rabbit? Too steamy? :P

But ok for the sake of clarity, here's Meloetta side by side with female-guardian-sama

tumblr_inline_mn9oyaJKxn1qz4rgp.png

For sake of clarification, I'm using Dio's fan nicknames until we get actual ones.

I wonder what Waluigi will be like.

The question is, how will these bosses play out? Recent bosses consist of constant running ala Sonic Advance 2, so will all 6 of these just be boss chases? I'd like to see these fought in arena fights like Mephiles, but to do that ST need to change their formula a bit to play more like Adventure than Unleashed. Either that or 2D boss fights like in Colours

The question is, how will these bosses play out? Recent bosses consist of constant running ala Sonic Advance 2, so will all 6 of these just be boss chases? I'd like to see these fought in arena fights like Mephiles, but to do that ST need to change their formula a bit to play more like Adventure than Unleashed. Either that or 2D boss fights like in Colours

I've been saying it a lot lately, but sometimes I feel like the only reason bosses are even in games anymore for the most part is to fulfil some obligation of tradition. The grand majority of bosses are not fun anymore.

However there are a small handful of games trying to revitalise the boss aspect of games and make them more entertaining and unique again (MGR for example?). The old Sonic also did bosses pretty well. It'd be nice if SEGA were trying to make the bosses a vital part of enjoying the experience by giving each boss a different, fun twist.

Because I can't think of many bosses from recent Sonics I've enjoyed, they're less imaginative than ever and they're only in there to fulfil platform game convention.

I'm sure this has already been said but.....what if each character lives in one of the level tropes? The one with horns looks like he would live in either the icy area or the lava/fire area. The skinny fucker that's jumping may be the fire character. And the girl on the far left may live in the grass/forest area.

*sees small creature with a pikachu like tail* 

Ugh sega. Is that suppose to be a deformed pikachu?

Sonic Retro found some spoilers on SEGA's FTP, by the way:

lostworld_newchara.png

The highlight of the day.

Seriously.

And that is also why I'm not part of the Sonic fandom, or in fact any fandom. There is no winning with any fandom, and all they do is create arguments within a community.

Edited by DarkRula

And that is also why I'm not part of the Sonic fandom, or in fact any fandom. There is no winning with any fandom, and all they do is create arguments within a community.

I hate to break it to you bronik, but you're a Sonic fan, right? That makes you part of the fandom.

Welcome to the club, we're not all that bad! xP

Edited by BlazingTales

my Uncles Cousin Brothers Dog 69 removed who works at Sega just showed Me this Image of what the Guardsians actually look like

O426yRb.jpg

as you can see they capture the Spirit and the Art Style of the Franchise perfectly well

anyway, like I said in the Statuses I can't help but feel like those silouettes look very, very Generic. Like I can probably tell each of those guys personality right away.

that said, it's too early to Judge maybe tehy throw a curveball and have some nice twists or something, but I somehow doubt it, Just my Two cents

Edited by Mr. NinjaShark
  • Thumbs Up 7

What I'm wondering is if those are 3d renders or 2d artwork.

I don't but something about them feels like a 2d art. But I guess its part of me wishing that 2d art was relevant on Sonic games again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Notice how they're all completely black from the waist down? Reminds me of a certain other Sonic character...

Dr.-Eggman--Sonic-Colors-.png

....This has the potential to turn out amazingly.

• Thumbs Up 8

They do all have dog-collar like cuffs, which makes me think of Omega...

I'd love it if they threw a curveball and changed around the stock personalities. Like the bulky strong one would be the smart/wise one as opposed to the bumbling idiot ect.

Edited by Jolt_TH
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd love it if they threw a curveball and changed around the stock personalities. Like the bulky string one would be the smart/wise one as opposed to the bumbling idiot ect.

Me too, I would really really love that.

I mean, I can tell SEGA are going for a Saturday morning cartoon kinda thing, but shaking up tropes can still give you a Saturday morning cartoon feel if done well.

Question is will these fights be one on one, or will there be machinery or an ancient construct Sonic has to fight these guys in?

There's been a fair few Sonic vs an actual character fights before but what with dealing with Eggman and all the general theme is usually Sonic vs someone in or controlling something.

Less humans and more imaginitive creatures will always be a plus to me. Always felt wrong to see sonic characters "only" among humans for a long time.

Edited by Djawed

Having a second look at the girl (I can't zoom on my phone and everyone has close ups of that one) I can make 2 educated guesses

1) like I previously stated she could be a lizard (like espio, curly tail and horn)

2) her tail also looks slightly mouse-like, although how the horn works is debate able

Side note, she seems to have either nails or claws on her visable hand

Ok so, what are we actually calling them for now, respectively? The only ones I know are "The Girl" and "Waluigi"?

Ok so, what are we actually calling them for now, respectively? The only ones I know are "The Girl" and "Waluigi"?

Most people are going by Diogenes post a few pages back (have no idea how to link to posts!)

But Not Boswer is the large one in the middle with the two bug horns

Grimace is the big bulky one to the right of centre

Staff Rider is the one to the left if centre...riding a staff

Slumpy is on the far right, the hunched one

Waluigi is the thin one

The girl is the one which looks like a girl with big hair and a curly tail ( that at first looks like a whip)

Edited by Jolt_TH

I'd love it if they threw a curveball and changed around the stock personalities. Like the bulky strong one would be the smart/wise one as opposed to the bumbling idiot ect.

I'd be all for that, including the example you provided.

So maybe Professor Sealife is the mad fucknugget of the bunch.