Awoo.

Sonic Lost World Announced

Carbo

Ok so, what are we actually calling them for now, respectively? The only ones I know are "The Girl" and "Waluigi"?

Left to right:

The Girl, Walugi, Staff Rider, Not Bowser, Grimmace, Slumpy

I'm thinking they're all the same species and they are of Earth - perhaps an ancient race or lizard-like dragons? But they moved to the sky (a la Knuckles) and were forgotten (thus the Lost World).

Sort of like the Wisps, in that they have similar features and are the same species, but have very different looks.

---

And this is just a fan wish - I always wanted them to explore whatever ancient race made the totem poles in Green Hill and other stages: http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Totem_Pole

Edited by Barry the Nomad
  • Thumbs Up 1

uXh9tC8.png

No....I thought we defeated you...you were never meant to return!

Wait, what are doing?! STAY BACK...AAAAAAAGGGHHH!!!

*ahem*

Anyway, in terms of how we're gonna fight these guys, I hope it's 1 on 1 character battles. If it turns out that they do represent the elements, then I suppose the gimmick here could be that they manipulate them and use them for attacking (Fire, Water, Air, etc.)

Edited by TheCakeMiester

So, Woun is supposed to get that new Famitsu issue tomorrow; the issue that is supposed to have some details on Sonic Lost World. Do you think we'll learn anything important by then?

Just catching up, that tornado design looks like a beautiful upgrade. Like they finally have some sense of good design. The one in unleashed was kind of bad. Nothing but good things so far to me. Hopefully the gameplay will be interesting to wipe away all concerns. The News about possibly new gameplay mechanics is what matters the most to me.

I'm thinking they're all the same species and they are of Earth - perhaps an ancient race or lizard-like dragons? But they moved to the sky (a la Knuckles) and were forgotten (thus the Lost World).

Sort of like the Wisps, in that they have similar features and are the same species, but have very different looks.

As long as they don't turn out to be more "Teenage Alien Genie Birds" I'm fine.

For some reason, whenever I look at the island section below the ice-cap looking section I get a "Super Mario Sunshine" vibe.

I think I'd laugh if this turns out to me a Sonic and Mario game. Actually... that'd be pretty bad ass.

Anyway, this game is getting me pretty hyped. Can't wait for the 29th!

The girl silhouette makes me think of Scanty and Kneesocks.

Think it's horn and green hair...

Edited by MamboCat

So these guardians are likely to be boss fights at some point? If they have unique abilities it could make for some interesting battles.

I wonder if Super Sonic will be brought back. I think it would be good if they for once gave the chaos emeralds a rest and tried something different.

I get the feeling Knuckles is some how connected to this island, or at least he knows about it.

Edited by -Clara Oswald-

I'm...actually kind of hoping that the Guardians give you abilities, kinda like Megaman.

Anyone else getting this vibe?

• Thumbs Up 4

So, Woun is supposed to get that new Famitsu issue tomorrow; the issue that is supposed to have some details on Sonic Lost World. Do you think we'll learn anything important by then?

Is anyone going to answer my question here?

I wonder if Super Sonic will be brought back. I think it would be good if they for once gave the chaos emeralds a rest and tried something different.

Well the chaos emeralds weren't really in the story in Colors, just a bonus for getting all red rings instead. (wii version.)

I'm...actually kind of hoping that the Guardians give you abilities, kinda like Megaman.

That...sounds interesting actually.

Edited by Abominal Taz

The question is, how will these bosses play out? Recent bosses consist of constant running ala Sonic Advance 2, so will all 6 of these just be boss chases? I'd like to see these fought in arena fights like Mephiles, but to do that ST need to change their formula a bit to play more like Adventure than Unleashed. Either that or 2D boss fights like in Colours

See, this is what I meant by Sonic not having very tight controls in Generations, despite it being an upgrade from Unleashed. Instead of making boss fights where you can actually run around an area, they make you run-on-rails, jump and quick step to dodge things... and thats about it.

I really REALLY hope the slower controls in this are good enough to justify an actual boss fight where you fight... and not just run the whole time.

Not really.

This is kinda what what's-his-face looks like to me.

james_zps151d652e.jpg

Looks like he's holding a flower.

Pokemon-Team-Rocket-James-Cosplay-Costum

We may have a James along with Sean's Jessie!tongue.png

Edited by SweeCrue
  • Thumbs Up 7

james_zps151d652e.jpg

Looks like he's holding a flower to me.

What a twist!tongue.png

Okay.

-blank stare-

Yup.

Edited by Blue Warrior

james_zps151d652e.jpg

Looks like he's holding a flower to me.

Looks more like...

games_sequelitisEgoraptor2.png

The big guy must look like Jon then.

Edited by Spin Attaxx
  • Thumbs Up 3

You know, when I first looked at them, I thought they had kind of a Skylanders vibe, but I said nothing as I know nothing about Skylanders.  But now the comparison's been made, here and elsewhere, then I have to confess that I thought it and that it's not a good look...  Of course, many other people have made many other comparisons.  The worry is that these chaps look like anything but Sonic characters.

I'll tell you what I'm really hoping for, though.  We can't see their faces at all, even if we can make out a few other details.  So I hope that their faces will be weird as all get-out.  Not just totally un-Sonic-like but totally un-anything and not comparable to any other obvious cartoon characters.  Fingers crossed!

I saw this news while at school, so I drew what I thought they might look like. (But I'm probably not close at all.. >cool.png

tumblr_mn9sn6zsY41qdpbyxo1_500.png

I was hoping to see more people do something like this before looking at this topic, but I guess you guys just wanna make a meme out of it... tongue.png

How much you wanna bet one or two of these will be right on the mark?

I'll be upset if they ruin that sexy figure with a dog face.

That bottom-left BowserLite is sexcellent.

Edited by Game & Wario
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nah, I have to disagree too. While I understand people loved the wisp gameplay in Colors, Id actually really like it if they kept sonic the same (new gameplay though of course, but the same through each level), and instead just make it so the different guardians pose different threats.

It's rare that we get so many varieties of enemies like this. Maybe some could ASSIST in certain fights, but as far as levels go, id like to keep it just sonic.

UNLESS... the moves were completely optional, But even then I'd prefer it the other way lol

Edited by chirf